SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Baptist head warns of waning numbers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Southern Baptist head warns of waning numbers

[b]Southern Baptist head warns of waning numbers[/b]

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Southern Baptists are facing a membership decline that could shrink the nation's largest Protestant denomination by nearly half in 40 years, its convention president said this week.

The Rev. Johnny Hunt, a megachurch pastor from Woodstock, Ga., told convention members gathered in Louisville that Southern Baptists need to give more to worldwide missions and attract minorities.

"I really do believe we need a revival," Hunt said in a 45-minute address that kicked off the two-day convention. ...

read more: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090627_18_A9_Southe784957&rss_lnk=11

2009/6/27 21:54Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Southern Baptist head warns of waning numbers

[i]“I can see little consistency in a type of Christian activity which preaches the gospel on the street corners and at the ends of the earth but neglects the children of the covenant by abandoning them to a cold and unbelieving secularism.”[/i] - J. Gresham Machen

As Voddie Baucham said, if we keep sending our children to Caesar for their education, we need to stop being surprised when they come home as Romans.

2009/6/28 0:50Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy