SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holiness becomes you...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Holiness becomes you...

I have shared this before, but will share it again.

God truly wants the repentance of man, for man to make a volitional choice for Him...to openly repent before Him and to follow Him, to Call upon Him...

He wants good works towards Him based on a loving personal relationship, and not on good works based on a reliance of oneself… or in ones' ability to live holy by following a given set of rules – and yes there is a difference.

Yes, there are moral rules and guidelines to follow and understand, but they are only to instruct me in the ways of righteousness and holiness as I seek Him inwardly, and personally and they teach me of the nature of Jesus.

The scriptures give me an understanding of the nature of Him who has called me out of this world to be His son, to a new life in Him which is hidden in Christ Jesus - the Holy Spirit bears witness to this truth.

His good works in me (holiness) comes, not based on my own understanding of what true holiness is, but rather based on the inner workings of the Holy Spirit in my life since I accepted Him, and it is in my yielding to Him in all things, and not on my adherence or on reliance of myself to seek His favour by doing good works (what I perceive as holiness). It's not what I can do, it's what He does through me.

Because I love Him in the very pit of my soul, and am born of Him, I will seek out those things that always please Him, I will hate the things that He hates, and I will love the things that He loves...if only that I may have just one moment, just one moment in time that I may truly glorify Him in this earthly body…this I will do as His Holy Spirit, who is within me permits, and teaches me all things.

Does this mean that I will never make a mistake and never sin again? ...no it does not. I hope that I never sin again, but if I do, I know I have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. If I acknowledge my sins before God, He is faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. Galatians 6:15

Hence and therefore my salvation is not based upon me believing that my good works toward Him (personal holiness) will save me (or even merit me any favor), but rather on a TOTAL surrender of my life to Him, and upon a reliance on Him for my holiness and righteousness, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the very day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

I just need only to yield to Him, I just need only to yield to Him and say yes Lord, yes Lord...have your way and be glorified in me.

And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. Romans 6:13

Repentance is a rocky road best travelled in the day, when there is light, lest darkness comes, and I stumble in the dark...that is to say the Spirit of God will not always strive with man. I will therefore strive to humble myself before the God of heaven and pray, who has called me...to walk this road of repentance..that leads to eternal life.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qNCIDtyCw&feature"]RUN[/url]

I can no longer live my life in the world like I am not saved from it...I can no longer do the things I did when I was not walking with the Lord...Lord Jesus help me.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGMG_PVaJoI"]A Call to Anguish [/url]

2009/6/26 0:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy