SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson is dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson is dead

[b]'King of Pop' Michael Jackson is dead[/b]

(CNN) -- Michael Jackson, the show-stopping singer whose best-selling albums -- including "Off the Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" -- and electrifying stage presence made him one of the most popular artists of all time, died Thursday, CNN has confirmed.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/jackson/index.html

----

As Ray Comfort said: 150,000 tragically died today and so did 1 celebrity! All have passed into eternity and this happens everyday!!!

Are we ready to meet Him?

2009/6/25 22:01Profile
Kolombian

Colombia

Re: 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson is dead

What Ray says is true, and that shows how sinful men hearts are. Thou i feel sorry for the eternal life that Michael has faced after his death, the way i see this is as Gods judgments over the world.

Farra Fawcett also died today. If one's examine this events at the light of the Scriptures and God's judgment, two big icons and idols of the world has fallen, (the stars has fallen), and is unnerving to see what this world exalts and fallow. Today the sexual symbol of the world (the appetites of the flesh) has fallen, and also the music symbol (the most effective way of sin to propagate its wickedness) has fallen.
Again, very sad for those two people and their horrid end, but what a signal of this ending times and God's judgment over the wicked hearts.

Now i pray for all those dumb people that are rendering cult and praising this man, i can see now a great apostasy inside of the church, even these things helps to purify the people of God revealing the true idols of the heart. May God cleans his people of all those idols.

2009/6/25 22:46Profile
elanham

Maryland

I cant help but to consider the scripture that speaks of the glory of man and how it is like the grass of the field. It shoots up quickly to be admired by all who pass by. But alack and alas the glory of that blade passes away when the summer heat beats down on it. Yet the Glory of the Lord standeth sure and remaneth forever. May we strive to give ourselves to that which will redound to the Glory of God forever.

2009/6/25 23:12Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

"O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!
Psa 39:5 Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Selah
Psa 39:6 Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather!
Psa 39:7 "And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.

2009/6/26 0:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Eccles 3v2, 'A time to be born and a time to die...

Eccles 9v2, '...one event happens to the righteous and the wicked...

Doesn't matter who we are, death is inescapeable.

We should be prepared to meet God at all times.

At all times.

2009/6/26 1:30Profile
jsisrl

Re:

1 Cor 15:51

51 But I am telling you this strange and wonderful secret: we shall not all die, but we shall all be given new bodies! (Gk: root work for ~change~: the make different, "else")
TLB

2009/6/26 18:46Profile
dohzman

timing

I find it significant that Faccet and Jackson both died around the same time that it's announced that the Ark of God is coming back to Israel. While the whole world is caught up at looking at the death of Jackson , God's time clock is getting ready to be set in motion. I think the prince of this age, satan has used and possibly caused these events inorder to distract from whats really important for the church to focus on. What a masterful move on the enemies part, sad thing is pulpits across this carnal country will be filled with the wrong things or focused in the wrong direction.

2009/6/26 19:26Profile
MikeMcK

Jackson was a very sad and, by all accounts, very lonely and lost individual. He was raised a Jehovah's Witness and converted to Islam (or so he claimed).

I can only hope that at some point before he died, he repented of his sins and trusted Christ, and not the Watchtower or the Five Pillars for his salvation.

2009/6/27 19:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jackson was a very sad and, by all accounts, very lonely and lost individual. He was raised a Jehovah's Witness and converted to Islam (or so he claimed). [/quote

Quote:
I can only hope that at some point before he died, he repented of his sins and trusted Christ, and not the Watchtower or the Five Pillars for his salvation.

Amen Brother.... well said.

2009/6/27 20:31

Re: Let's pray...

Having lost my dear dad last August, I know how deep the pain of grief can be at first...
It was hard, at times, to face and go through my grief and come out the other side, but my previous PRIVATE pain has no bearance on Michael Jackson's family's present pain, having to suffer their loss in view of the cameras and the controversies which surround his death, whilst reflecting on their early family life together. Let's pray for these dear people.

2009/6/28 2:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy