SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Possible "Bank Holiday" discussed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoanM

Possible "Bank Holiday" discussed

Posted: 06/24/09 on Worldview Matters with Brannon Howse. (I do not know this site well.)

"The top-performing letter that predicted the Crash of 2008 now predicts a confiscatory Franklin D. Roosevelt-style "bank holiday." But it's surprisingly sanguine about stocks -- in the (very) short term.

In its current issue, HSL reports rumors that "Some U.S. embassies worldwide are being advised to purchase massive amounts of local currencies; enough to last them a year. Some embassies are being sent enormous amounts of U.S. cash to purchase currencies from those governments, quietly. But not pound sterling. Inside the State Dept., there is a sense of sadness and foreboding that 'something' is about to happen ... within 180 days, but could be 120-150 days."

Yes, yes, it's paranoid. But paranoids have enemies -- and the Crash of 2008 really did happen.

HSL's suspicion: "Another FDR-style 'bank holiday' of indefinite length, perhaps soon, to let the insiders sort out the bank mess, which (despite their rosy propaganda campaign) is getting more out of their control every day. Insiders want to impose new bank rules. Widespread nationalization could result, already underway. It could also lead to a formal U.S. dollar devaluation, as FDR did by revaluing gold (and then confiscating it)."

[url=http://www.marketwatch.com/story/story/print?guid=C6166A8F-4020-4BA6-880C-E99288B10B0F]Click here for complete article[/url] The quoted section occurs mid-page, after mind-numbing Kingdom of this World stuff.

[url=http://www.worldviewradio.com/episode.php?EpisodeID=12746]Click here for audio discussion[/url] with Brannon Howse aiming to give a Christian view of things.

2009/6/25 17:24Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Possible "Bank Holiday" discussed

Hello Joan,

This has been on our minds ever since the election. Each month we make take practically everything out as soon as it is Direct Deposited. It is not difficult to operate on cash. Sure makes it easier to see the balance disappear. Of course, there never was anything left over at the end of the month to worry about losing to a Bank Holiday. Still we prefer to have it in our possession rather than 'trust' the Banking system.

Waiting to see what comes - Look up, watch for Jesus.

white stone

2009/6/25 18:08Profile

Re: Possible "Bank Holiday" discussed

I found this about a week ago. Now keep in mind, this is just rumors, speculations, whiffs and hints of smoke, but use wisdom: (I'll paste the thing) Now take this all with a grain of salt. Are things bad? yes. Is this over? by no means. I'll also post up a video that's been on youtube, features a couple talking about what they heard from a "very good source", but the couple doesn't look to be too "liquid", meaning they don't looked "tapped in", but anybody thats really tapped in, isnt saying a word, they're just clearly out safety deposit boxes, going into metals, holding paper money, etc.

Bank Holiday Coming? Prepare?

Sunday, June 21, 2009
Bank Holiday Coming? Prepare?

[link to thecomingdepression.blogspot.com]

From Harry Schultz:
Dear Bob:
Bob Chapman’s Int’l Forecaster newsletter revealed (5/20) this startling intelligence (from within US State Dept & embassies):

”Some US embassies worldwide are being advised to purchase massive amounts of local currencies; enough to last them a year. Some embassies are being sent enormous amounts of US cash to purchase currencies from those govts, quietly. But not £’s. Inside the State Dept there is a sense of sadness & foreboding that ‘something’ is about to happen, unknown re a date—just that within 180 days, but could be 120-150 days.”

Bob quotes another source that “Panasonic has told their people to be back in Japan by Sept 09.”

Harry Schultz, dean of newsletter writers, has quoted the Chapman letter of May 30 regarding US embassies being sent large amounts of cash with which to buy local *currencies, to last them a year. Here is Harry’s remarkable take on the situation:

“My HSL suspicion is that the elite plan another FDR style “bank holiday” of indefinite length, perhaps very soon, to let the insiders sort-out the bank mess which is getting more out of their control every day.*Insiders want/need to impose new bank rules. Widespread nationalization could result, already under way. It could also lead to a formal US$ devaluation, as FDR did by revaluing gold (& then confiscating it). But devalue against what? The euro? Doubtful. Gold? Maybe. Or vs. the IMF basket of currencies (which seems more likely)—& much in the news recently. Any kind of bank holiday will push the US$ lower, which may be a bonus benefit to their ongoing scenario of letting the $ fall. Such a fall would get the devaluation they want without having to declare it. In sum, the insiders want more bank & system control, fewer banks & a lower US$. A bank holiday would suit all their needs.

Obviously, U can’t open safeboxes if the banks are closed, so plan accordingly. All this is speculation, but we have to go with what we’ve got, scraps of info that point to certain possibilities. In any case such a closure will, IMO, come sooner or later, as the worst of the embedded derivatives are still to be faced. We are years away from solving them because the controllers don’t want to; their fingerprints are all over them. ***

PS: during the FDR bank holiday, thousands of banks never reopened; it was a face-saving way of shutting them down. I would guess the same would occur today; thousands have little or no net value, loaded with debt, bad mortgages.

••• *PPS: A Bob Chapman subscriber reported overhearing 2 FEMA jacketed men talking to a police chief in Calif. They wanted to federalize the police across the US. They (govt) would be closing banks in late Aug, early Sept & that it will get ugly.” Prepare for worst case, as any good Boy or Girl Scout would do. J”
Posted by Economic analyst at 12:13 PM

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yooFfJmkw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egodlikeproductions%2Ecom%2Fforum1%2Fmessage822091%2Fpg1&feature=player_embedded]Bank Holiday---Aug, Sep 09? posted on youtube March 09 (grain of salt)[/url]

2009/6/25 19:03
White_Stone

North Central Florida

FDR bank holiday

Hello Neil,

Do you know if the people were able to get their things from their Safe Deposit boxed after those banks closed during the 'holiday?'

I am asking so I can know if I should advice my mother to buy a fireproof box and bring her papers home.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/6/25 19:35Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hi Neil

This may sound like a dumb question but i don't understand what this means. are you saying the banks are going to close and never reopen?

Thanks for helping this country girl get some clarity:-)

Elizabeth

2009/6/25 19:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Neil,

So, if the bank holds a mortgage on your place and it closes what will happen?

ginnyrose

2009/6/25 19:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Neil,

Another question: if you had cash - currency, would it still have any buying power? I know my questions reflect a lot of ignorance because I am ignorant on matters like this....actually, I think it is a tad bit boring, but I am concerned about our ability to pay bills, etc.

ginnyrose

2009/6/25 19:53Profile

Re: FDR bank holiday

White Stone

if it important papers, rather than precious metals or paper cash, I wouldnt worry, but I would worry if it was money.

2009/6/25 21:40

Elizabeth

Quote:
This may sound like a dumb question but i don't understand what this means. are you saying the banks are going to close and never reopen?

no no no, not "saying" that at all! Those two items I posted are just whisp's and rumors, hear say, and one secondary account on the youtube vid. The only reason I posted was that I keep seeing and hearing these "reports", and having knowledge of trading markets, I know that banks are still in trouble on a global basis, and the govt, the "permamnent govt", the folks that work there whether or not a dem or repub is in office, they dont have a clue.

But dont drive yourself crazy with worry, if you got land, you can grow food, if your husband hunts, you got meat (and protection)

The last "bank holiday" was in 1933 and lasted for four days. My worry is that Americans have grown so selfish and spoiled, AND violent, that if they do a bank holiday, a lot of our countrymen will freak out, run wild, get devilish and nasty, etc...instead of being patient loving and kind in an emergency.

some banks, smaller banks already on the FDIC "troubled" bank list might never re-open, but I dont know.

I was raised by my granma, a Depression era woman, and my idea of a bank is a maxwell house coffee can. I dont trust banks or bankers, never have. I've been actively prepping for this thing since Feb of 2008.

my advice, keep your powder dry, keep some folding money on hand, but silver coins are much better, especially if the dollar loses value, but the upside of this is that we will pray more.

neil

2009/6/25 22:02
JoanM

Re: Speaking foreign languages

Dear faithful stewards

This is not for an uproar. The site that reported this will not neglect to address it over-time. It is very likely that crown.org will address this [u]as listeners e-mail questions in[/u] (previously posted recommending their ½ hour program Money Life on Biblical money management which is archived). They have discussed several times the dynamics in effect in cases of depression, recession, hyper-inflation, inflation. Biblical principles remain the same (like Eccl. 11:1-2).

I talked with my bank's co-manager today as I paid my monthly visa in full collecting more miles toward a fare to an SI conference for someone. This bank made no junk loans, very solvent, etc. He is asking up the ladder regarding the Nationalization of banks (bad idea on many counts, the prudent pay for imprudent). I do not really expect to hear back, but maybe...

It has seemed to make good sense to have some cash on hand for some time. No big deal. Savings rates are quite low. Nothing wrong with having beans and rice in the pantry (good food).

The history of the last bank failures (not holidays) in my family was that my widowed grandmother had just sold the family china company and put everything in the bank. Three days later her bank closed (the first in the country, in Michigan). She eventually got “back” a fraction over one-cent on the dollar. I don't know how long “eventually” was. My mother joined many youth who within weeks picked up every chip of coal along the miles of rail tracks into the city. There was enough food to eat to survive.

[u]Ginnyrose[/u]: You would enjoy the Bible on the ½ program (see above) as you work in the house, eat, drive whatever. If all banks close, paper money remains paper money. It may be worth less (as time passes and the economy adjusts to whatever) but a $50. paper bill still pays a $50. bill. I think I will pm you. But, yes debtors are slaves to lenders.

Here is a perspective: We are ambassadors living in a foreign country. It helps, in many biblical ways, to understand something of the language spoken “distorted as it is”. The Kingdom of this World speaks “money, pride, selfishness”. The Bible gives undistorted words on these subjects. We follow those words and need to understand the distorted words when we choose to “save money by buying at a 20% off sale” (generally that save does not equal save).

2009/6/26 0:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy