SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Choosing not to have children

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TheSmallOne

Modesto, CA

Re: Choosing not to have children

Yes! Children are from God and itis not up to us to deside who lives and who doesn't!

2009/7/2 12:03Profile
shadyg

Re:

AMEN marc mc!!

2009/7/2 13:50Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thanks for the comments to my post, its very interesting to hear what others are seeing. I spoke with one sister in Christ who shared that when she was younger, her and her husband were pressured by family members to have no more children so he went to the doctor. Years later both of them regretted the decision and felt has if they had acted in accordance to mans will and not what the Lord would have had for them. She said that while she would have liked to have had more children, what really bothers her is that fact that she did not have more faith and trust in the Lord at the time.

ginnyrose-thanks for suggesting the article I will look for it at the library.

rdg

2009/7/2 18:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Years later both of them regretted the decision and felt has if they had acted in accordance to mans will and not what the Lord would have had for them.

This happens oftener then we realize.

ginnyrose

2009/7/2 19:13Profile

Re:

I agree with Ginny. I love children, I would have had as many as my wife would want, but my path is not marriage at least not right now. An orphanage may be my blessing, who knows!

2009/7/2 21:27
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
God has really been dealing with my wife and I regarding orphans, the abused and the fatherless. We are praying for direction and discernment as we seek to follow him wherever he may lead. With that said maybe in this sinful world, more of us should embrace the idea of adoption and bringing some children into a Christian family.

shadyg, I would be extremely careful in [i]who[/i] you take into your home. If you bring in a child that has experienced sexual abuse, just know for a fact this child will work to perpetuate this behaviour among others close by. And you have children, right? You do not want them exposed to this hideous sin. I promise you if they are they get scared for life!

The bottom line is that you do not allow emotions of pity, compassion determine who you bring into your home. You let God do this choosing and you wait on Him to show who this person is.

The tragedy is how sin effects children. These sin scared children need loving parents as well, but unless you know how to deal with this sin, you can be inviting little devils into your home and it can infect your own children as well..so dreadfully sad...

May God bless you richly.
ginnyrose

2009/7/3 10:12Profile
shadyg

Re:

Thanks for your advice. I do appreciate it and understand what you mean.

We are currently in a holding pattern of prayer at the moment. We are not quite sure what God is speaking to us only that it involves ministering to youth/children in need of godly instruction and love.

Whatever it is it's going to be life changing. Already we feel as if God is closing the door for us in the area we are currently serving him.

It's a strange and wonderful thing as God has given us both a peace and patientce (I can't ever spell that word without looking it up. You can tell I didn't do that!) regarding trusting him to lead us at his appointed time.

2009/7/17 1:46Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Choosing not to have children

What would you have done if your parents had decided not to have children?

You would have not live, you would not know the Lord and not written this post. Now apply this to your future children - see the point?

2009/7/17 7:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
(I can't ever spell that word without

Do you not have spell check on your toolbar at the top? I use mine and it is wonderful to help me find my errors!

Quote:
Whatever it is it's going to be life changing. Already we feel as if God is closing the door for us in the area we are currently serving him.

Rest assured brother, that the LORD will bring it to pass if he wants you to pursue bring other children into your home....

We have a couple in our church that adopted two beautiful girls from India. (They have one biological child in the middle of these two.) Then they worked to get two boys from Azerbaijan. They were approved and were waiting to get a call to go get them. The boys were chosen, they had pics of them. But they never got the invitation from the country to come. They made calls,worked to find out what the holdup is. Short of the long, it appears God closed the door - no go. This was last summer. By fall the mother had developed an debilitating eye ailment - conjunctivochalasis - that she is still wrestling with which may require surgery.

The point? if God closes the door, just know He knows the future better then we and be content in that. It is hard at times to surrender our dreams...

God bless you and your family..
ginnyrose

2009/7/17 8:02Profile
jiyouk

Re:

I haven't written here for a while,
But I have been thinking about this topic with my future wife for a while. Many here seem to be saying that not having a child is equal to not trusting in God.

I'm love children and just literally cry with joy at the thought of having a child in my image. It is such a blessing, something so miraculous and unimaginable. That God would give me such great grace to have a child. It would be God's child that had been intrusted by grace to me. Oh! I just think it is one of the greatest blessings after having been saved!

However.. The bible talks about the end times how the "pregnant women" will have a hard time.
It talks about "if you don't pick up the cross and deny your mother, father, son, or daugther you are not worthy of me." It talks about how Jesus has come not to give peace (internal peace yes, circumstancial peace maybe? but better to say no) but a sword.

Paul says that it is better not to marry because then the person will be more focused on his Kingdom than how to please the husband or the wife.

If a christian is not going to have children because he does not trust that God will provide everything, as forsaken this world is, this is definatly wrong.
However, if a christian chooses not to have children because of his passion to spread his name.. Because he has heard the outcry of the nations and has touched the weeping heart of God.. because he cannot bear anymore the thought of carrying on a normal life when Jesus has died for Him and everyone else that is dying in the muslim world.. then praise God for pouring out his heart on this Christian by grace.

11 of the 12 diciples died for Jesus. All of the early church were persecuted. Yet, in this world where we have everything, especially the churches that are not being persecuted, we often think more about receiving the blessings of God (such as children, material gains, good friends, etc) instead of really being willing to throw everything away for Jesus. I'm not saying that we should throw everything away. But I'm talking about the heart of the Christian. I will praise God for all the blessings he gives.. Yet, my heart sings out to Him that no, I want to know Him more and be found in him more, to see the nations come back.. And if this means that I will not be able to live enjoy the things that he wants to give.. Then hallelujah. Yes lord, I let them come..

If it means that I live in the streets with the Africans, then yes..
If it means that I give up my life..
Yes..
If it means that my parents will forsake me..
Then yes..

Yet, it is not that I have a mind of religious abstinance that declares these blessings to be bad.. No, in everything praise Him! But.. his heart.. His anxiety towards the lost..

His outcry to Isaiah.. "who will I send?"
God's heart seems to cry "Who I send? Many are enjoying their life and receiving the blessings of my cross, but who will join and die with me on the cross so that I may live in Him? Who will carry my heart towards these people whom I love? Many want to be like Paul, yet there are only a few that want to be persecuted like paul. Many want the blessings of Jesus, but few want the bloodripping agony of Mt. gesmane. Will you come with me?"

And yes, there are people here that will treat me as some kind of heretic that will not enjoy the blessings of God because of his religious abstinance. Yet.. I have no such heart.. I respect the person that will have children and expand the Kingdom through their children and love them and give thanks to God for such a extraordinary miraculous, unimaginable blessings.. But I love that person who in his heart has desires and craves for "thy will be done on here as it is in heaven" so much that he is capapble of throwing eveyrthing away..

Um. To end, I'm a missionary kid and have seen over 300 missionaries. Many cannot concentrate on his Kingdom because they think about the effects that certains actions will have on their children. Many hear the calling to be radical as Jesus's cross was radical, but to follow that path and walk as "Jesus did" is quite hard.

Hope that there are many among you that have been saved from such a bottomless pit, that Jesus is your everything. That there are stil many among you who like the Iranian Church and the Chineese church, know only the gospel and are always willing to give their lives for the sake of that great love on the calvary.

2009/7/27 1:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy