SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : praying for revival ~ Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

praying for revival ~ Zac Poonen

Brothers and sisters, before we continue praying for revival, we need to ask ourselves first whether we are willing to pay the price involved in being holy men and women of God.

Often when we pray I fear that God has to tell us to stop praying. Yes, there are times when God does not want His children to pray. He told Joshua once, "Don't pray Joshua. You're wasting your time." And until Joshua got up and exposed Achan's sin publicly and set things right in the camp of Israel, God refused to listen to his prayers (Josh. 7:10-13).

And so we need to ask ourselves when we come to the Throne of grace, whether God is listening. Perhaps He isn't. We still haven't settled matters with that brother with whom fellowship has been broken. We continue to show partiality to the rich and the influential in our congregations and refuse to confront them with their sins. We still haven't humbled ourselves and confessed the sham and pretense that there is in our lives. Our tongues are still uncontrolled. We are seldom found in the Most Holy Place. Our hearts have not yet come to the point of yearning to be holy men and women of God at any cost. Of what value are our prayers then? For, after all, it is only the fervent prayer that comes from a holy man that avails much before God (James 5:16).

May the Lord search our hearts.

[url=http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=needed_men_of_god]Needed - Men of God[/url]

2009/6/24 15:46Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: praying for revival ~ Zac Poonen

Thanks for posting this. It really spoke to me concerning something that has been on my heart has of late.

Hebrews 12:14 (ESV)

2009/6/24 15:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy