SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joseph Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rainy64

Re: Pastor Joseph Prince

I am not a regular on this site---however...I carefully study the words from ANY pastor. I am not seduced by smooth talkers. Please DO NOT put Pastor Joseph Prince in the same category as Olsteen and some others. Joseph Prince Preaches on sin...how we have so much in the person of Jesus. He has made me appreciate and see just how many layers there are to the BIBLE! I listen to a sermon and pause it...check every quote and word. Sometimes I sit with it a long time before continuing the tape or sermon.
He reminds us of the HOPE we have in Jesus Christ. He is BIBLICAL.
What false teachings are you hearing?.... I have heard hours and spent hours, stopping, researching and then going on. I don't hear any contradictions...He is NOT like many preachers on TV....He is brave...preaching a CHRISTIAN message in between two Muslim countries! He has admitted to previous dealings in the occult before he was brought to Jesus.
I believe he is genuine.....Tell me please what is the false teachings you have found.
Rainy64

2010/2/7 2:19Profile
JCGarc55

Re:

if you read the whole thread, there are a couple of quotes from Joseph Prince's website that are posted and critiqued.

2010/2/8 13:09Profile

Re:

"do any regulars on si think joseph prince is ok?" humblyD

I don't know that answer but I appreciate the information. I received this book 'Destined to Reign' by Joseph as a gift from a family member. She also wanted me to see a certain faith healer (won't say who and start another rabbit trail) a few years ago when I had undiagnosed hernia's. She's given me books by Rick Joyner, Creflo Dollar and many more in the Prophetic/WoF contingent. So to say the least, I was a bit skeptical of this author from the beginning. I've read my share this stuff and thank God that I was spared from its deceptive and hollow theologies.

2010/2/8 13:36
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: : Pastor Joseph Prince

Rainy64,

You said,

Quote:
He has made me appreciate and see just how many layers there are to the BIBLE!

What "layers"? Please explain.

LoveGodsWay2

2010/2/8 13:41Profile
JCGarc55

Re:

from Joseph Prince website:
"Accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour will not only save you from hell, but also give you health, joy, peace, love, hope, unconditional acceptance, favour, the power to get wealth — every good thing that you can think of and more!"

[url=http://www.newcreation.org.sg/about-us/we-believe/how-the-cross-applies-to-you]They moved the link[/url]

If you look on Joseph Prince's website you will also see that he has a "confession" link. Most of the verses quoted are the same ones the WoF uses in regards to their health wealth teaching. As for debunking WoF with the Word of God, sermonindex has Donnie Swaggart's teaching on 1 Timothy 6 which challenges the prosperity gospel.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9oWZFDfAo]Teaching on the Love of Money (1 Timothy ch. 6)[/url]

2010/2/9 19:04Profile

Re: Joseph Prince

Quote:
As for debunking WoF with the Word of God, sermonindex has

Carter Conlon regularly challenges WoF teaching, without specifically naming it.

He challenges prosperity teaching all the time!... by calling on believers to do the opposite - to give generously because Christ did, not expecting to receive anything more back, than God's provision for basic needs.

Again, he doesn't say that's all we might get, because it is clear he is calling the hearers to worship God anyway, even if they die in action. In more than one sermon, he points out that 'Not a hair of your head will be harmed' cannot possibly mean you won't suffer for Christ.

2010/2/10 5:42
menderofnets

South Yorkshire, UK

Re:

Hmm... It seems to me that more and more we are hearing of Christians who are ignoring, rejecting or even re-inventing God's Word for some reason. The practice thrives in the UK, as the 'secular' agenda tightens its grip. We can't pick and choose, and it strikes me here ever more of the importance of continued repentance, keeping short accounts with God for our own sakes, as well as those who we come into contact with.

If we don't accept God's Word, what else do we have?

2010/2/10 8:53Profile

Re: Joseph Prince

Quote:
If we don't accept God's Word, what else do we have?

[u]Extra[/u]-biblical doctrine? The tutelage of books by Christian leaders?

The seeking-for of Christ there, has been called 'witchcraft', by Phil Goble, in his 'Empty Tomb' sermon (not available on SI, but worth hearing).

1 Sam 15:23, Mark 7:7, Col 2:22.

2010/2/10 9:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Maybe I would qualify as a regular? I will let you decide -.

I have never heard of Joseph Prince. When I first saw the name I wondered what his connection is to the entertainer 'Prince'. Obviously, it is not obvious, or is it?

As I read through this thread and read the concerns expressed by several posters and the objections given I am reminded how any popular preacher will have his followers and distractors. It happens everywhere. (Just this week I talked with someone who is no fan of Keith Daniel.) So how is one to evaluate who is the wolf and who is the shepherd?

Irenaeus said it well when he said, "Error, indeed, is never set forth in its naked deformity, lest, being thus exposed, it should be detected. But it is craftily decked out in attractive dress." (Taken from the "Glimpses of Christian History", issue 241)

Personally, I have learned to not put people on a pedestal because eventually God is going to knock that pedestal down and you will be devastated. You see when one puts anyone on a pedestal you are displacing God as the supreme authority in your life: becoming guilty of violating the first commandment, 'Thou shalt have no other gods before me'. It takes on the form of "but Bro. says so and so thus it must be true", all done without doing an expositional study of the WORD. All are vulnerable to this in one sense or another, so we must guard ourselves lest be become an enabler of false teachers and woe on us if we do that!

To protect oneself against deception requires one to do a careful study of the WORD, being in prayer always that the LORD would speak to you and in so doing then being obedient to his voice. Once you become familiar with the genuine, the counterfeit will be easily detected.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/2/10 9:43Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen! Well said Jinnyrose, well said.

2010/2/10 10:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy