SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joseph Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5T_GjQy3jw&feature=channel

Brutal Persecution In Romania by Josef Tson

A good sermon to watch right from the beginning. However, around the 19th minute onwards, Josef Tson talked about what's wrong with American evangelism (eg the Santa Claus syndrome) which contradicts what the bible says and what the bible says which contradicts what Joseph Prince says.

2009/6/25 11:44Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: do any regulars on si think joseph prince is ok?

I have to admit when I first heard him on TBN I was shocked and thought he was pretty good...that is until I listened to his whole message. He is the most talented and I would have to say dangerous prosperity preacher around today. If this guy was in America he would be a superstar right now.

His presentation of the scriptures are very articulate. His preaching style is expository. However, it's easy to get led astray because of all the correct things he says. You can always discover the heart of someone's theology by getting a glimpse of the destination they are leading you to. A man of God will lead you to God and God's glory. Joseph Prince's destination is to personal wealth and your glory. So all the good things that he does say, and he says a lot of things that are good, are made to be the servant of an overall message that is not good. That's why I say he is very dangerous.

I pray for Joseph Prince, because if the true Gospel ever gets a hold of his heart he would be an awesome preacher.

2009/6/25 12:01Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: do any regulars on si think joseph prince is ok?

Hulsey,

I think you have described him very well.

But I will add this: I think he is spiritually wounded. Throughout his book (Destined to Reign) he tells stories of when he was a teenager in the church. He says that he was told all kinds of things that were unbiblical. And if they really said those things, he is right. However, he has gone to the extreme in the other direction in what he preaches.

2009/6/25 12:19Profile

Re: Joseph Prince

hulsey said

Quote:
If this guy was in America he would be a superstar right now.

But he is! His congregation, since he began to lead, has gone from less than 200 to over 17,000... or, so it is claimed for him.

Actually, the webpage has been changed to reflect 19,000.

[url=http://www.josephprince.org/index.asp]Joseph Prince Ministries[/url]

EDIT: Okay, maybe I'm wrong. The first time I looked him up, I found the USA address, and assumed that's where he was based, but maybe it's just a contact address. Certainly, he is being watched in America.

2009/6/25 12:21
hulsey

Missouri

Certainly, he is being watched in America.

Yes he is. Several people at work who go to church have asked me what I thought of him.

2009/6/25 12:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:

LoveGodsWay2 wrote:
Quote:
humblyD: do any regulars on si think joseph prince is ok?

I also would like some imput from other SI regulars. His teaching has affected (or infected) some of leaders and now the body of Christ at my church. I will be meeting with the pastor in the few days concerning this.

I don't know how regular I am but I will add my two bits. When he first came on in my area, I watched him a couple of times and that was it.

What got my attention to watch him in the first place was I heard "new covenant" and thought, "Cool!" thank God I had already been listening to Zac Poonen's teaching on the new covenant! I said, "Nope, they don't line up." And I haven't listened to him since. [Now, I say that because I haven't dug out all the scriptures on the new covenant in the Bible yet but hopefully by the end of this year; so right now I'm counting mostly on Zac Poonen. Just being honest!]

I know there are those on here who say he's of the devil. I don't know and I'm not going to be so presumptuous to say that I do. But I do know that God is in control. Joseph Prince or anyone else not preaching according to our standards of the Bible has not taken God by surprise!

**edit: I'm just going to worry about the preaching I need to be doing! I had an old high school friend call me the other day. We were big party'ers in h.s. but I was converted about 9 months after graduating and we stayed friends. Anyway, after about 20 years we get to talk and she told me (paraphased), "Do you know you were the first Bible I read? And you led me to the real Bible."

You know, that really touched me. I want to be the Bible to those who haven't read it and it's not all about getting upset over (majoring in) all these supposedly false teachers around us. It's about being Jesus to those we can touch and teaching them by our behavior what to major on as well. (It's not my intention to offend anyone by my words - I had to write from my heart.)

God bless you all,

2009/6/27 13:23Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Quote:
I want to be the Bible to those who haven't read it and it's not all about getting upset over (majoring in) all these supposedly false teachers around us.

I agree with you Lysa, but Joseph Prince's false teaching is going through my church like a wild fire. And it seems that I am the only leader in my church that recognizes it. It's so hard some days because I have the love of Christ for the people & leaders and they are being deceived. It's hard because some days it feel like my wife & I standing alone. But I have a appointment with my senior pastor this week. My prayer is that God will open his eyes.

2009/6/29 12:44Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

“Watch out for smooth talkers, who pastor large churches and write many books and lead big ministries, and do not manifestly prize, above their earthly good, the whole counsel of God.”

John Piper
Watch Out for Those Who Lead You Away from the Truth (11-05-06)

2009/6/29 15:01Profile
Topazok

Re: Word of Faith

I'm not sure why this thread is so against The Word of Faith movement. This movement is only based on the Word...as Rhema.

I believe that everything that is taught must be researched against the Word...and that is what Rhema believes. I have never heard anything that is taught without scripture. As one that attends Rhema can testify.

So if it's scripture based, than you can't speak against it and if you can't back it up without a scripture than you don't live by it.

But to speak against the Word of Faith movement is speaking against the Bible. That is all it is...you back up what you say with scripture. Everything I have ever read has always been backed by scripture.

Just don't discount the scripture. I'm one that can speak from experience. I had leukemia when I was 15 and now 30+ years later I don't.

The thing with the speaking in tongues (as Acts sets forth) is power. And God wants us to work in power. Dosn't get you to heaven (only accepting Christ does that), but it does make life so much better. Faith is now, Hope is in the future. I pray that through prayer and the Bible you find your answer.

:-)

2009/7/19 12:29Profile
Topazok

Re:

Wanted to clearify...you can speak out against anything....even if it's the Word of Faith ministry, but make sure what you are speaking out against is not backed up by the Bible.

2009/7/19 12:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy