SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : HELP!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
olliewesley

HELP!

SO it would be awsome if somone would be able to help my with a burning question that i have, im really stuck in this and its causing me a lot of difficulty.

Hebrews 6:5 says, 'in the case of those who have been enlightened(me) and have tasted in the heavenly gift(me) and have been partakers in the Holy spirit(me) and have tasted he good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and have then fallen away it is impossible again to renew them again to repentence since they have again crucified the son of God unto themselves'

Please dont just tell me what i want to hear, i need straight up truth, not just 'God loves you brother' i need help in anwerring this!

I fell away after partaking in miracles and spirit filled conversion in my own life, i lived everyday to God and loved him dearly. After a while i fell away into sin deeply, I got into sexual relationship and hard drugs mixed them together, after a year or so of falling away i was sucidal depressed anguished and longing for the Grace....

But the Bible clearly says for me it is imossible. Am i a judas? am i a cain wandering the earth?am i a goat seperated from christ as i would need a secon crucifiction to be brought back to repentance?

2009/6/20 14:57Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: HELP!

You can do a search and maybe search on "once saved always saved" and search on the verses, and i know you will find much to read, its been talked much about here.

What i do want to say to you is, there is hope for you, God is able to save to the uttermost, in the context of that verse i do think its possible for a man to end up in hell after once knowing God, but as long as you want to come back he will accept you, come in faith and repentance, get on your knees , confess your sins, your rebellion, maybe you where not saved to begin with? maybe you where and walked away, anyhow you must come to him. I suggest take time away from everything, fasting, prayer, the bible, weep and howl for your miseries, if you cant weep ask God to break your heard heart.

The verse speaks of those that seeks to be justified another way then the one they once accepted, a very bad picture is for a believing christian to go back to judaism or maybe try get right with God the islam way.

For such people trying another way then the way of the cross it is impossible to be saved.

But if you are concerned for your soul and your current state is an evidence your heart is not totally hardened. flee to him before it is to late.
You can come to him through the blood of Christ, all of us can only approach him because of the blood, so go to him! he awaits you, and come honestly, if you are not honest nothing will happened.

I will remember you in my prayer.

Christian

2009/6/20 15:13Profile

Adding to what hmmhmm said, I would like to give further perspective to what you've been through.

If you experienced all you shared above, then two things are clear: you were still young in the Lord, with much renewing of the mind still to be done, and, you were bound to be targeted by the roaring lion. who sets himself to bring you down through your flesh. You are not alone in the falling, and as hmmhmm said, there is plenty of hope for your ultimate salvation, if you really are ready, now, to walk in newness of life.

I think many Christians are horrified to realise the depths to which they can sink. Some try to save themselves through legalism, pride and hypocrisy; others simply sink and don't turn back to God; others like us, do sink, but do turn back to God, and with the memory of our failures tingling in our ears, we determine to do something differently this time, so as to learn from the mistakes we've made.

Of course, some consequences of sin go on for years (such as children), and can never be undone. I think it is here that I began to realise the grace of God to man. I mean, wherever we are when we come to our senses, finding ourselves in a pigpen like the prodigal, was always all our own idea. It was never in our Father's [i]plan[/i] for us, but, in His [u]love[/u] He allowed us to have what we asked for.

Then, we realise that just as He has over-ruled our stupidity, to the extent that we desire to turn back to Him, He also graciously over-rules the whole spread of our failure, provides for us, encourages us, attends to our most minute need, and slowly but thoroughly answers all our latests requests for healing and forgiveness, and shows us how [i]much[/i] He desires to have fellowship with us, unhindered by self and sin.

Falling away is common, and, I believe that having [i]chosen[/i] to sin, it can require a more lengthy and determined effort to take back that ground in our lives; but, having taken back that ground, it is less likely we will give it up as easily, ever again.

Do not doubt that God is on your side, if you put yourself back into His hands. He is gentle and kind, and full of compassion, but He is utterly real, and will not be deceived by any double-mindedness on your part. So, when He takes you at your word, and delivers you, make sure you have counted the cost, and are ready to look forward with blinkers (blinders) on, put your hand to the plough and don't look back or long for what you're leaving behind.

You have to be ready to chop up all your idols and make a bonfire with them, and count it good riddance to the hindrance they represent to you personally, so that you can worship God in spirit and truth again, honestly.

It may be a process, but you need to set your heart and mind on getting to the end of it by steady progress, if slow. Keep yourself in the presence of God especially when you are tempted, and especially when you are embarrassed to admit how weak you feel. This is faith, working. God will honour you in it.

2009/6/20 16:03
pernvic

Our Father isn't looking for reasons to count us out.
He Loves us !
He longs for us to repent and return to Him.
that is why He says in His word, resist the devil and he will flee, draw near to God and He WILL draw near to you !
Try it, just pour out your heart to Him,
He is full of compassion, kindness and tender mercy. Hehas been waiting patiently !

2009/6/20 16:12Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

John Bunyan, the author of Pilgrim's Progress, found himself in your exact position, wrestling with the same verses. What follows are some extracts from His book Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners. I encourage you to read the whole book, you can read it online [url=http://www.ccel.org/b/bunyan/abounding/grace.htm]HERE[/url] ...

Now began my heart again to ache and fear I might meet with disappointment at the last, wherefore I began, with all seriousness, to examine my former comfort, and to consider whether one that had sinned as I have done, might with confidence trust upon the faithfulness of God, laid down in those words by which I had been comforted and on which I had leaned myself. But now were brought those sayings to my mind, 'For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance' (Heb. 6.4-6). 'For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries' (Heb. 10.26, 27). Even 'as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright; for ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected; for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears' (Heb. 12.16, 17) .

Now was the word of the gospel forced from my soul, so that no promise or encouragement was to be found in the Bible for me; and now would that saying work upon my spirit to afflict me, 'Rejoice not, O Israel, for joy as other people' (Hos. 9.1). For I saw indeed there was cause of rejoicing for those that held to Jesus; but as for me, I had cut myself off by my transgressions, and left myself neither foot-hold, nor hand-hold, amongst all the stays and props in the precious word of life...

Then that scripture gave me hope, 'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee' (Heb. 13.5). O Lord, said I, but I have left Thee. Then it answered again, 'But I will not leave thee.' For this I thank God also...

Now as touching this, that Esau sought a place of repentance; thus I thought, first, This was not for the birthright, but for the blessing; this is clear from the apostle, and is distinguished by Esau himself; 'He took away my birthright (that is, formerly); and behold, now he hath taken away my blessing' (Gen. 27.36). Secondly, Now, this being thus considered, I came again to the apostle, to see what might be the mind of God, in a New Testament style and sense, concerning Esau's sin; and so far as I could conceive, this was the mind of God, that the birthright signified regeneration, and the blessing the eternal inheritance; for so the apostle seems to hint, 'Lest there be any profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright'; as if he should say, Lest there be any person amongst you that shall cast off all those blessed beginnings of God that at present are upon him, in order to a new birth, lest they become as Esau, even be rejected afterwards, when they would inherit the blessing.

For many there are who, in the day of grace and mercy, despise those things which are indeed the birthright to heaven, who yet, when the deciding day appears, will cry as loud as Esau, 'Lord, Lord, open to us'; but then, as Isaac would not repent, no more will God the Father, but will say, I have blessed these, yea, and they shall be blessed; but as for you, depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity (Gen. 27.33; Luke 13.25-27).

When I had thus considered these scriptures, and found that thus to understand them was not against, but according to other scriptures; this still added further to my encouragement and comfort, and also gave a great blow to that objection, to wit, that the scripture could not agree in the salvation of my soul. And now remained only the hinder part of the tempest, for the thunder was gone beyond me, only some drops did still remain, that now and then would fall upon me; but because my former frights and anguish were very sore and deep, therefore it did oft befal me still, as it befalleth those that have been scared with fire, I thought every voice was Fire, fire; every little touch would hurt my tender conscience.

But one day, as I was passing in the field, and that too with some dashes on my conscience, fearing lest yet all was not right, suddenly this sentence fell upon my soul, Thy righteousness is in heaven; and methought withal, I saw, with the eyes of my soul, Jesus Christ at God's right hand; there, I say, is my righteousness; so that wherever I was, or whatever I was a-doing, God could not say of me, He wants my righteousness, for that was just before Him. I also saw, moreover, that it was not my good frame of heart that made my righteousness better, nor yet my bad frame that made my righteousness worse; for my righteousness was Jesus Christ Himself, the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever (Heb. 13.8).

Now did my chains fall off my legs indeed, I was loosed from my affliction and irons, my temptations had fled away; so that, from that time, those dreadful scriptures of God left off to trouble me now; now went I also home rejoicing, for the grace and love of God.

2009/6/20 17:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

olliewesley,

You are not a judas, you are not a cain, and you are definitely NOT a goat. That is a lie from the enemy, from the pit of hell, to keep you from becoming what Christ wants you to be when you return. If he can keep you in this fog of self-doubt and unbelief, you will remain useless to the Lord but cry out to God and ask HIM what He thinks!

Our God is TRUTH!! If you have confessed your sins and repented, HE IS faithful to forgive. It doesn't say that He is faithful to forgive only once! HE IS faithful to forgive, period!

Some of my story: I was saved and spoke in tongues for 20 years and backslid after my divorce into a lifestyle of alcoholism, one night stands, and smoking yet again (after He delivered me the FIRST time). What I want to say is that none of those things caused my backsliding; the process had begun years before in my mind. So I just went through the motions the last couple of years before the actual decent.

About five years later, I didn't return to the Lord, He called to me & came to get me from the mire. The first couple of years back, I had so much self doubt that it was hard to believe that He really loved me and forgave me but He did.

Jesus told Peter in Luke 22.32, [i]"But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”[/i] HCSB

When you return, strengthen your brothers and sisters and tell them what the Great God has done for you! AND what He has done for you, He will do for others! The Lord has now given me a jail ministry with women and I work with one of the local Christian 12 step programs. He has blessed me more now than the first 20 years and I know it's nothing I have done - it's all about Him!

Our God is a Great God and your life is not over. Do not let the enemy lie to you any longer. Get out your Bible and read ALL the other verses that say how much He loves you and forgives you.

[edit] My story is exactly why I chose the quote that is below...

God bless you!

2009/6/20 17:50Profile
HeartSong

Ezekiel 33:18-19

When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.

But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

2009/6/20 18:19Profile
olliewesley

Re:

that sounds like your confirming my struggle, is that?

2009/6/20 18:31Profile
trxx

ON Canada

Understand that I do not have any attitude when I ask this, "Why do you ask mankind a question that only God can answer?" Do not look to any man but to God alone. I do not think it wise to look for a Scripture in this particular case to document your salvation. Ask God and He may use a particular Scripture to show you the truth in this but it would be unwise to base your salvation on a Scripture reference if God Himself has not given it to you. In short, ask Him the question that you are asking and He will make known to you the truth.

2009/6/20 18:38Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
that sounds like your confirming my struggle, is that?

Ezekiel 33:18-19

When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.

[b][i]But[/i] [u]if[/u] the wicked [u]turn[/u] from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, [u]he shall live thereby[/b][/u].

2009/6/20 18:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy