SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Has it ever occurred to you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

I just got back and wanted to say great points everyone.

Thanks wayneman, Christian, runtowin for your excellent posts!

Ephesians 4:15-16 (KJV) 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

2 Timothy 2:23-26 (KJV) 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I have seen God do some mighty things here lately. One of these was Saturday May 9th where we had a family day at the church with some activities for the children that brought out some young couples with their children. As pastor of a church of over 200 members, but always desiring to reach people whom Christ died for, I decided to have this day to hopefully bless families. I did not know that God was going to deliver a young man from destruction on our local church grounds that day. It all began around lunch time that I was called to the fellowship hall where a young mother wanted to see me; she tried to tell me with crying that she had taken out a restraining order on the children’s daddy because he had hit her. I found out that they were not married but I prayed for her and tried to calm her. It was 30 minutes later that her mother called for me and told me that her boy friend was on the property upset at her daughter saying some ugly things to her and that maybe I should tell him to leave. I walk to the other side of the property and in the parking area was a man who was smoking a cigarette, high on drugs, alcohol, and very angry. I go over and try to talk to him and to make a long story short I end up getting both of them with the toddler in her arms to come over to the drive through shelter of the church where I talked to them for around two hours. He finally breaks and asks me to pray for him to receive Christ into his life. He repents and asks God to forgive him and I lay hands on him and pray for him. The power of the Holy Spirit comes upon Him and in a moment he is a different person.

He also told me that he was going to go turn himself in and that something had happened to him that had never happened before.
Three days later his grandmother calls me and tells me that he wants to see me and that he has checked in at the behavioral health in the hospital. I go to the hospital and find out that his grandmother has given him a bible and he wanted me to underline some scripture for him. He tells me over and over again how much he thanks me for taking the time to talk to him. He told me if God had not reached him that day at the church that he would probably be dead right now or in prison. He also told me that when he left that he drove to the river and threw away a 38 pistol. He said that he had been on drugs most of his 32 years of age and that he hadn’t slept for 15 days and that night, of the day that God came into his life, that he slept all night. He checked himself into the hospital because he wanted to be completely dried out and he also went to an alcohol and drug treatment center in where he has now been free for over a month. He knows it is because of Christ working in his life. I could go on and on about many other things and other people who wanted me to share scripture with them at the treatment center.

I believe with all my heart that God wants to set the captives free and to heal people’s lives, but it must be the working of the Holy Spirit. I am striving more than ever to be available for God to use me. People must know what the Lord Jesus has done for them. They must know that he gave himself on the cross for them. They must know about the altar, the blood, and the cross of Jesus Christ. They must experience redemption by his blood and deliverance through his cross. My every desire is to walk and live every moment in his presence with power of the Holy Spirit in operation at all times. I want to know Him with a passion to always deny myself and take up the cross and follow Him.

I always want to rightly divide the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Forgive me for going so long and where I mention myself, because I only desire to glorify my Lord.

2009/6/20 19:41Profile
Logic

Re: Has it ever occurred to you?

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
Has it ever occurred to you that so much time is spent on these posts criticizing and judging others as though we are more right then others.

I don't criticize and judge others, but only the doctrines/theologies that they hold.

2009/6/20 20:02Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

rbanks

I just wanted to come back and say I sincerely hope that my two posts yesterday did not come off as being augmentative. I do not read all the threads so at first I was not sure of what you were talking about, but I do now have a better understanding.
thank you for sharing
rdg

2009/6/21 12:10Profile

Re:

dear brother rbanks,

I was very moved by the testimony you told of this young man. This is where the rubber hits the road, its really all about seeting the captives free. While theological debates can be intellectually stimulating, they are typically fruitless. In my 18 years of Christianity I have never met a man who has had an "ah ha,' moment and changed ftom , say, Calvanism to the Arminian persausion. What I have met is good men from either side of that argument, good men in Christ. When Christ is the center of our conversation, our lives , our hopes, our dreams, our visions,. when Christ dominates eveything that we do and everything that we think, then men are drawn to Him through us. If He be lifted up, if the name of Jesus and the Spirit of God burns at the center of our soul, then passion for the lost and a passion to see the captives set free and a passion to read the Word more and a passion to be more Christlike and a passion to treat everyone with love will flow like a river from the throne-room itself. People argue that they are contending for the faith, that they are fighting so that the Word is righlty being divided , that they are protecting doctrine. Maybe some are, yet, in my experience, most of the debates take place in the kingdom of the ego, in the land of pride and in the county of insecurity.

One of the successes of the conferences that brother Grg has is that none of that is discussed. Good men from many different theological backgrounds come, as do the people. The remnant that is now being drawn out comes from accross the lines. A people hungry and thirsty for the genuine presence of God, a people led by the Holy Spirit. Brother rbanks says this.....

"My every desire is to walk and live every moment in his presence with power of the Holy Spirit in operation at all times. I want to know Him with a passion to always deny myself and take up the cross and follow Him."

Now, this is a brother that I can say amen to and fellowship with...........brother Frank

2009/6/21 13:27
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

rainydaygirl wrote:
rbanks

I just wanted to come back and say I sincerely hope that my two posts yesterday did not come off as being augmentative. I do not read all the threads so at first I was not sure of what you were talking about, but I do now have a better understanding.
thank you for sharing
rdg

Thank you sister for those gracious words and for understanding better. Nothing wrong with wanting more clarification.

Blessings to you!

2009/6/21 19:21Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
When Christ is the center of our conversation, our lives , our hopes, our dreams, our visions,. when Christ dominates eveything that we do and everything that we think, then men are drawn to Him through us. If He be lifted up, if the name of Jesus and the Spirit of God burns at the center of our soul, then passion for the lost and a passion to see the captives set free and a passion to read the Word more and a passion to be more Christlike and a passion to treat everyone with love will flow like a river from the throne-room itself.

Now this is brother I can also fellowship with.

Thank you brother Frank for those gracious words,

An excellent post stating truth, oh so relevant, to those in pursuit of God for himself alone.

I have no desire to be in any doctrinal camp or persuasion. No “isms” for me brother just to know Christ is my desire. The only persuasion that I won’t to be in is the demonstration of the Spirit and of power.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (KJV) 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2 Timothy 1:12 (KJV) For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Romans 8:38-39 (KJV) 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Blessings to you!

2009/6/21 19:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy