SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for jordanamo today

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Please pray for jordanamo today

Our young brother Jordan headed off for Guatemala on the morning of 31st May, for about six weeks, to improve his spoken Spanish. He is quite a distance from urban civilisation, in a mountain school location, and I had hoped to have heard from him somehow, by now.

In the last couple of days, he has been on my heart particularly, and I wonder if he is ill, or having some other difficulty, such as with the food, the climate or the company, or the loss of necessary possessions.

I pray God will give him peace, joy and hope, even if he has to make major adjustments to his expectations of daily life, and, bring him through with a shout of glory by the time he returns, for all He has done in him.

2009/6/11 5:38
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Please pray for jordanamo today

Quote:
I pray God will give him peace, joy and hope, even if he has to make major adjustments to his expectations of daily life, and, bring him through with a shout of glory by the time he returns, for all He has done in him.

What a very nice prayer. This part in particular, " major adjustments to his expectations of daily life."

It is in making these 'major adjustments' that Spiritual Growth flourishes.

I will pray for him, also.

2009/6/11 9:43Profile

Hi White_Stone, thank you.

I did get a text message from Jordan eventually, yesterday, and he sounds okay. Says the mountain location is very pretty but there is no phone.

We'll pray anyway. :-)

2009/6/12 11:46

For those praying, thank you.

I learned last night through a second text message from Jordan, that he has indeed been sick... so I rang him for a few minutes immediately, to make sure he is actually recovering - which he is - but he is a long way from a doctor or a clinic, and the experience has made him 'reflective' over the benefits of health services, [i]not[/i] enjoyed by many Guatemalans.

The location of the school is very beautiful, and this has been great compensation to him, when missing home comforts.

Also, he is happy to report that his Spanish is improving quickly. :-)

Praise God!

2009/6/14 4:53
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Has Jordan given his heart back to the Lord? The last I talked to him via instant message a month or so ago, he seemed to be turning very strongly and violently against the faith.

I will pray for him just the same.

2009/6/14 8:50Profile

Quote:
I will pray for him just the same.

Hello KingJimmy,

Thank you for praying. I'm surprised you found him in that frame of mind so recently, although I haven't talked to him about the Lord since quite soon after his encounter with Zac Poonen earlier in the year, when he was 'rejoicing'.

My own sense is that he is having many battles early in his life because of how God wants to use him in the future. He is being sifted, so that when others are dependent on him for leadership, he will not be crumpling up with doubt... [i]then[/i].

:-)

2009/6/14 10:46

Jordan is still unwell, and will be seeing a doctor today.

Let us pray he gets the correct treatment, and afterwards, has no longterm after-effects from whatever the infecting organism happens to be.

2009/6/17 11:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy