Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deception's Gateways

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Lor_E,

I found the song and played it.. easy to learn and the music will cause the words to hide in the recess of your brain which will come back to minister to your spirit. Thanks for posting this.

ginnyrose

2009/6/7 23:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Rdg QUOTE::

Now I see how I was rationalizing

Rdg, this is a problem even I have to fight. When I find myself arguing with an idea which in reality means I am justifying something, I am arguing with the Holy Spirit. And you know what? He does not argue or debate you. I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that once I conquer this tendency in my own heart I will be able to live a life that is wholly free from sin. And you know my problem? I want my own way because I want - and you fill in the blanks. And the end result is not peace, ever, but disgust. So we must get back to the cross …God is so patient and I am so glad he has not given up on me or others as well.

QUOTE:
its not a big deal to go to the mall, that I would just go along and not buy anything, but each time I would come back having bought something.

Perhaps you might try this - I did and it helps, I promise. Before you leave, pray that the LORD would help you to not buy anything that you should not. And the things you need that he would help you find it. Sister, when you earnestly want God to go shopping with you, it gets exciting. I promise. Now only will you not feel that tinge of regret you will find yourself praising God for his leadership in your shopping expedition.

Lor_E QUOTE:

Which notwithstanding shall make a show and countenance of great holiness and charity.

“Shall make a great show of charity“ WOW! This is as common as the fire ants in our community…How often do we hear this excuse about a person or a church “but they are so nice, look at all the good they do!”

Lor_E, mind telling me more about this Geneva Bible…I love these notes from it that you shared. I would like to get one myself.

Blessings to one and all and let us all continue to pray for each other. Tomorrow night, Lord willing, will begin VBS at our church and I am scheduled to teach the young girls. I have never before taught with such a sense of trepidation as now. Most come from a culture alien to a godly one, meaning most come from a one parent home where sin rules. I earnestly covet your prayers…

ginnyrose

2009/6/7 23:48Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27977&forum=36&4]Re Geneva Bible [/url]

I am just starting to read this Bible myself, and although I can't say that every note is wonderful, they do have a different insight and it is interesting.

[i]I have not written ynto you because you know not the truth; but because you know it, and [b]that no lie is of the truth.[/b][/i] I John 2:21

I use to know a preacher that said: "Now you need to know that even if the devil comes to you and tells you the truth, it's a lie." (He was speaking on the temptation of Christ in the desert, and the devil quoting scriptures.)

I apologize it took me so long to respond.
Thanks,
Lori

2009/6/12 9:55Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Thank you sisters, this is a very good thread for all of us. A member of our church once said, "we can justify anything if we want it badly enough" and later on did that very thing to great spiritual damage. This is a subject I have preached on quite a few times simply because of the emphasis that it is given by the Lord regarding the last days, the fact that every one of the apostles addressed it also, and realizing my own tendency to jump to conclusions on the one hand and be gullible on the other. We know from church history that the due regard for those admonitions was not given, to the great damage to the church through these centuries... "let no man (not excluding anyone) deceive you".

May God keep us tender enough in conscience and sincere in our hearts to continually ask for our hearts to be searched, and then the love of Christ above all other loves to repent and renounce every self-deception, every preference toward pleasing self rather than pleasing God, so that the light that is in us continue to shine:

Philippians 1:9-11 ( NKJV )
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Clint

2009/6/12 12:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy