SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Leading to marriage (Prayer Request)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joshhh

Calgary, Alberta

Leading to marriage (Prayer Request)

Dear believers,

I've written today...to seek prayer over a wonderful matter!

I don't know how to go about explaining how this all began...But I desire to be as open and honest as possible...

I received a message from a dear sister in the Lord, a little while ago...It was received in the month of march, in my sermonindex inbox, in regards to a thread that I had previously posted in january of this year...and I feel that I've been blessed with a really wonderful measure of grace through this fellowship...
We had no intentions of any kind. Only that we would be an encouragement to one another through the Word...But we both feel now that we are being led towards one another...and we want to go about it properly...To honor the Lord.

We've also promised not to exchange photographs of each other...For if this should truly be something that's meant to be? Then we desire to trust God in leading us in all this.

This is our request...Please pray for us in this!

James 1:4: But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

2009/6/6 1:53Profile
growingholly

Re: Leading to marriage (Prayer Request)

the sister is me...

yes, please pray over us...what a beautiful thing this is; God has shown such kindness to us in this.

God has been so gracious; josh is a great leader! and a great brother in Christ! i have been blessed by him beyond anything i could have hoped for in a godly man!

oh, please pray, we need the Lord's direction in this so!

thank you, love you,
:)
holly

2009/6/6 9:13Profile
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re:

What a precious testimony. Thank you for sharing it. How wonderful it would be if every marriage relationship started out this way.

I am praying for you two! :-)

2009/6/6 9:35Profile

Hi you two,

May the Lord grant you wisdom and patience 8-)

Have you listened to any of Paul Washer's talks around the topic of God-glorifying courtship? If not, I'll find the title I have in mind, and post the link here - and pray, as you have requested.

2009/6/6 11:45
growingholly

Re:

thank you so much, both of you! and all who are praying over us!!! God is showing us much!

i have heard paul washer's sermons on marriage (and so has josh) but not on courtship (although he may have)..would you mind posting the one you mentioned? i think it would be lovely to hear!!

thank you everyone for praying and loving us.
:)
h

2009/6/9 18:30Profile

Hi Holly,

Quote:
have heard paul washer's sermons on marriage (and so has josh) but not on courtship (although he may have)..would you mind posting the one you mentioned? i think it would be lovely to hear!!

Please accept my apologies for having missed your post until today.

There are actually several messages which cover similar ground in more or less detail, and I am not sure how all of them are titled.

In that the one I'm linking to was delivered in three short sessions, to young people, it is pitched with a certain amount of humour, but not too much for such a serious subject.

Paul Washer knows he is giving a counter-cultural message, so he eases towards his advice, after gently undermining what he knows his listeners will have taken for granted as acceptable behaviour.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13918]Dating Sermon[/url]

I've heard Paul Washer say that when he followed his own advice, his now wife's father refused him permission to marry his daughter, to which he submitted, and prayed, until eventually her father changed his mind, because of his honouring behaviour towards [u]him[/u].

God bless you both.

2009/6/16 10:26
HeartSong

Praying for you both.

Oh the blessedness of watching the Master sculpt that which He has given to be.

2009/6/16 14:02Profile
growingholly

Re:

thank you all for your prayers. please continue to do so. things have been strained much since i got a 2nd job. i've given notice now, but please pray God will speak to us and that we would hear HIM.

thank you so much, love you all. sorry i haven't been around, but i've been at work...

2009/7/10 23:59Profile
growingholly

Re:

blessed be the name of the Lord.

this relationship is now "just friends". just wanted to post and say thank you all for your love and prayers. may God be glorified in cleaning us of idols; He is faithful.

please pray for me and for josh. it's painful for both of us.

God has been kind to allow me to be part of a wonderful prayer group here, and i covet your prayers that God would send the same for josh.

thank you.

love you all very much.

2009/8/9 22:02Profile
HeartSong

Re:

One has to wonder about the pain. There must be a bonding that takes place even before a marriage - where the two begin to become one. This must also apply to friendships to some extent for even there we find pain if two are separated.

Holding you both in prayer.

2009/8/9 23:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy