SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A chance to speak to pastors - please pray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A chance to speak to pastors - please pray

Just thought I would ask those who are willing if you would pray for me as I go to speak at an ordination service this Sunday evening (tomorrow). I am expecting that there will be many other pastors there, and this is an opportunity I don't usually get.

It is a 'captive' audience and an opportunity to remind them of the weight and gravity of their calling. My hope is that by God's grace He will be glorified and that ministers especially will be convicted and brought to repentance.

I know the condition of our churches, and there is Laodicean 'spirit' all around me... perhaps all those in attendance will be zealous men of God - but I think there will likely be those who know nothing of the anguish felt by men such as Ravenhill and Tozer... there is a desperate need for awakening here and I believe it must start with the pastors - perhaps even just one man will be convicted by the Holy Spirit and for that I will rejoice.

So please pray for me - that God would use me in spite of myself.

Thank you so much.

Your brother in Christ,

Stephen

2009/5/30 18:59
Nellie

Re: A chance to speak to pastors - please pray

Stephen,
I pray that the Holy Spirit will anoint you to speak, and that He will anoint the Pastors to hear.
It is the Anointing of God that will have to prevail.
We are nothing apart from Him.
I pray that you will decrease and God will increase .
He alone is Worthy.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2009/5/30 21:55Profile

Re:

Amen! Thank you again for your prayers... and I look forward to reporting of what God has done.

Stephen

2009/5/31 3:24

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy