SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa EMERGENT??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa EMERGENT??

[b]Calvary Chapel slips deeper into the emergent model with false fire with it's latest announcement!

Starting May 29th, 2009 Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa is inviting The Movement to their Main Sanctuary.[/b]

Worship Generation is led by Senior Pastor Joey Buran, who had been a Calvary Chapel Pastor for many years, but left Calvary in 2005 and started "The Movement"

[url=http://www.worshipgeneration.com/movement/]THE MOVEMENT----WORSHIP GENERATION[/url]

The Movement-----ABOUT:

[b]For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:[/b] (Acts 13:36)

Every generation has a responsibility to reach its own generation. And every generation must find its own voice in its worship of God and its declaration of truth. Our desire is to see a new generation of young people passionate about their faith and active in reaching their world for Christ. With this goal in mind the Refuge High School Ministry (of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa) and Calvary Chapel High School in conjunction with Movement Ministries are excited to announce that they will be hosting a missional event called “Movement.”

This is the second year of Movement. Last year Movement drew over seven thousand young people from all over Orange County, and witnessed over two hundred young people make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ. Movement will again be a two-day event with two goals in mind. The first goal of Movement is designed to inspire Christian youth to get moving, to get engaged, and to get passionate about their faith and reaching their generation for Christ. The second goal is to reach out to the un-churched and non-Christian youth of Orange County and the surrounding areas with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through a relevant and cutting edge event.

The first night, Friday May 29, is going to be a special night of worship with music by Phil Wickham and the Rock Harbor worship team, and a message by Mike Erre, pastor of Rock Harbor church. The goal of Friday night is to inspire and exhort the youth of Orange County and the surrounding areas to get passionate about their faith and challenging them to bring their friends out the following day.

The next day, Saturday, May 30th will start off with free workshops from 3-5PM at the Movement Conference. The goal of the conference is to provide practical workshops on issues regarding reaching and serving this next generation.

Then that evening from 5-10 PM we will have the main event, the Movement Outreach. Saturday night is designed as an outreach out to the un-churched and non-Christian youth of Orange County. This is not a Christian hangout night but rather a relevant, cutting edge event that young believers can invite their unsaved friends to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The outreach will include:

Pro BMX Demo
Skateboard demo with Untitled Skate Team, King of Kings Skate Team, Boarders For Christ, and pro skaters Josh Harmony and Christian Hosoi
$1000 best skateboard trick contest
Premiere of the new Christian snowboard film “One Year” on a 40 foot outdoor screen with special guest pro snowboarders Andy Finch and Dave Downing
Free Snowboard giveaways
Live DJ set with DJ Promote
Live mural painting by Lance Mountain with all proceeds going to charity
Hip Hop concert with LA Symphony and Ambassador from Cross Movement
Art show
Festival area with food vendors and cutting edge ministry presenters
Live Music by Hawk Nelson and Phil Wickham
Film Festival featuring independent Christian films including: “Beyond the Dream: The Joey Buran Story” and “The Rescue” by Invisible Childen
Bios

People

Phil WickhamPhil Wickham
Phil Wickham is an amazing worship leader and songwriter from San Diego, CA. His latest album “Cannons” was released on INO Records. For more information check out www.philwickham.com

Britt Merrick

Britt Merrick is the dynamic young pastor of Reality Church in Carpinteria, CA. Britt who is the son of famous surfboard shaper Al Merrick is a gifted Bible teacher, evangelist and leader for this generation. For more information check out www.jesusisreality.com

Mike Erre

Mike is the gifted Teaching Pastor of Rock Harbor Church in Costa Mesa, CA. For more information go to: www.rockharbor.org

Joey Buran

Joey Buran is the Senior Pastor and Founder of Worship Generation. For more information go to: www.worshipgeneration.com

Bianca Juarez

Bianca, the daughter of pastor Pancho Juarez, is an anointed young speaker and the media relations press secretary at Calvary Chapel Montebello. For more information go to: www.ccmtb.com

Michael Smith

Michael is a science professor at Vanguard University and the pastor of the Saturday Night study at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. For more information go to: www.calvarychapelcostamesa.com

Mike Doyle

Mike is the founder and director of the Movement ministry and the pastor of a new church plant in New York City. For more information go to: www.themovementishere.com

DJ PromoteDJ Promote

DJ Promote, aka Carlos Trevino, is an incredible new DJ from San Angelo, Texas. For more information go to: www.djpromote.com

Bryan Jennings

Bryan is a former pro surfer, film producer, and the founder and director of Walking On Water. For more information go to: www.walkingonwater.com

Christian Hosoi

Christian Hosoi is a legendary skateboarder from Southern California. Christian who is considered one of the greatest skateboarders of all time is a powerful speaker and an associate pastor at The Sanctuary Church in Huntington Beach, CA. For more information go to www.sanctuaryhb.com

Andy Finch

Andy is a professional snowboarder from Fresno, California. His accomplishments include winning the overall U.S. Grand Prix Halfpipe Title in 2003 and 2004, taking first place in the Arctic Challenge in Norway in April 2004, winning the Vans Triple Crown in February 2004, winning the O’Neill Snowboard Jam in January 2005, and finishing in second place in Northstar Resort’s Vans Tahoe Cup. In addition, Finch competed in the 2006 Winter Olympics for the United States. For more information go to: www.andyfinch.net

Dave Downing

Dave is professional snowboarder for Burton from Encinitas, CA.

Josh Harmony
Josh is a professional skateboarder and musician from Long Beach, California.

L.A. Symphony
Hawk NelsonBands
L.A. Symphony

Is a Christian hip hop group from Los Angeles, CA. Their latest album Unleashed was released on Syntax Records. For more info check www.lasymphony.com

Hawk Nelson

Hawk Nelson is a four member pop-rock band from Ontario, Canada. The Tooth and Nail recording artists have sold over a half a million albums and landed personal appearances on major television and motion picture projects, and gained high-profile song placement (“Bring ‘Em Out”) with NBC’s NFL Sunday Night Football campaign. For more information go to: www.hawknelson.com

[url=http://www.movement2009.com/about.php]THE MOVEMENT- ABOUT:[/url]

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/5/29 0:20
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa EMERGENT??

Quote:
Calvary Chapel slips deeper into the emergent model

What is meant by "emergent model" or the phrase "emergent church"? Are they preaching another gospel? If so, what is the message they preach? I have heard this term (emergent church) many times, but am not sure I understand what is meant by it.

God bless,

Patrick Ersig
www.jonahproject.org

2009/5/29 2:14Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

False fire??

Quote:
Calvary Chapel slips deeper into the emergent model with false fire with it's latest announcement!

I do not understand what this means.

The first statement seems like it is a condemnation and the balance reads like an advertisement.

I must be missing something.

Please explain,
ws

2009/5/29 2:28Profile

Re: False fire??

Its just divisive religionist garbage, a luxury that walt seems to be able to afford. Sister, just attend to your garden, read your Bible, take care of your chickens and just rest in Christ in these turbulent days, and of course ...pray.

much love in Christ, neil

2009/5/29 2:55
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

Natan4Jesus wrote:
Sister, just attend to your garden, read your Bible, take care of your chickens and just rest in Christ. . .
much love in Christ, neil

Too fitting! Love it.

Mike

PS Whitestone - my garden is doing well.

2009/5/29 7:34Profile

Re: Unity with What? At what Cost?

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/index.php?p=1491&more=1&c=1

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/spirituality/lighthousetrails/09/5-Calvary-Chapel.htm

Patrick, the Emerging Church is "forget Biblical Truth and let's just come together and do good deeds to bring heaven to earth." All religions merged and formed the One World Church or United Religion.
At this stage of the game - it is actually dangerous to not study up on it.
They plan to rid the world of Fundamental Bible Believing Christians eventually.

http://www.understandthetimes.org/topics/ec.shtml

[url=http://www.crossroad.to/text/search_results.html?cx=015736079649539019301%3A-bdcqxfnx98&cof=FORID%3A11&q=emergent+church&sa=Search#1145]crossroad.to[/url]

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/index.php?cat=8

http://herescope.blogspot.com/search?q=emergent

2009/5/29 10:46
matt2442

Re:

I don't understand them calling Calvary Chapel "Emergent". Chuck Smith has denounced and warned his congregation repeatedly against the Emergent trend.

2009/5/29 20:47Profile

Re:

I think there's been some confusion caused by not reading the links.

LighthouseTrailsResearch have been in contact with CC and on friendly terms. It's a long story between them and they quote Chuck Smith and all on these links. There were appeals and conversations between them in love and concern.
It would help if folks would read what was discussed between and by all parties before assuming the worst or making uninformed judgments.

[url=http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=44070390&pageid=r&n=0&_charset_=utf-8&bcd=%C3%B7&query=calvary+chapel&mode=ALL]Some articles praising Calvary Chapel and others voicing concern of new events[/url]

These folks have been rooting for CC and only voiced concerns as they arose.

Edit to add: possibly Walter could explain the article he posted and it's source.

2009/5/29 22:34
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

I wondered if I could share some thoughts with you all, though [i]not directly[/i] in response to this topic.

I believe that it can be very much valid, honest, righteous, and sincere, to be concerned about how the things of God and the Bible are presented to others.

I believe that the message of the Bible and of the Gospel should be treated as sacred and holy, and with great reverence, and that we should strive to communicate that, and that we hold these things to be so, to those who would hear about it from us.

I have, for about six years now, been sharing the Gospel in the cities that I've lived in, with all different sorts of people. I think that(all honour be to God) it has been possible to communicate the message of the Gospel in plain and simple terms and as an ordinary working person to all different sorts of people from different backgrounds.

I believe that our culture in America is in desperate need of being elevated.

That we are in desperate need of being elevated as a people, to love and to appreciate what is beautiful, and lovely, and pure, and honest and true.

I believe that there is a winning and shining way for us to live in our day.

2009/5/29 22:44Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
I believe that the message of the Bible and of the Gospel should be treated as sacred and holy, and with great reverence, and that we should strive to communicate that, and that we hold these things to be so, to those who would hear about it from us.

Hello Chris,

That deserves repeating! Well said.

white stone

2009/5/29 23:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy