SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just a question.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
GeneralJack

Just a question.

"intense" I was asking a question about your influences. I really am curious. I like what you have to say. Its much like what Ive learned after all the years caught up in a religious "system". I'm just a nobody on here. I'm not trying to call you out or anything like that. I understand about being defensive when it seems noone understands where your coming from. I really am curious about some men of God that you might read or learn under. I know the Holy Spirit is our teacher but most of what we learn is by the Holy Spirit speaking through a person. Preacher, teacher, evangelist, ect........

2009/5/28 17:25Profile
HeartSong

Re: Just a question.

Hi GeneralJack,

Welcome to SermonIndex!

When you are replying to a comment that someone else has made, use the "reply" button and your answer will be in line, and attached to the question.

2009/5/28 17:32Profile
GeneralJack

Re:

o.k. sorry.

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
Hi GeneralJack,

Welcome to SermonIndex!

When you are replying to a comment that someone else has made, use the "reply" button and your answer will be in line, and attached to the question.

2009/5/28 17:51Profile

Re: Just a question.

Quote:

GeneralJack wrote:
"intense" I was asking a question about your influences. I really am curious. I like what you have to say. Its much like what Ive learned after all the years caught up in a religious "system". I'm just a nobody on here. I'm not trying to call you out or anything like that. I understand about being defensive when it seems noone understands where your coming from. I really am curious about some men of God that you might read or learn under. I know the Holy Spirit is our teacher but most of what we learn is by the Holy Spirit speaking through a person. Preacher, teacher, evangelist, ect........

Hi General Jack! I answered your inquiry over on the other thread where you first asked me this.

Oswald Chambers is my main reading and most anyone who contributed to his perspective. I have read all his books and highly recommend them. Devern Fromke with his two books, "Ultimate Intention" and "Unto Full Stature" have also helped established me an accurate understanding the Bible. Once you get a firm foundation from these two fellows, your Bible read anew and I would say read and then write your own commentary to it. I hope that helps.

FWIW, I have never felt on the defensive after I have, with sincerity, explained my position to others. The defensive switch in me is turned off after I have done that to my satisfaction. God bless you in your endeavor to know the Lord.

. . . Ken

2009/5/28 18:51
GeneralJack

Re:

understood. thank you

2009/5/28 20:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy