SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : My testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JTM

Hobe Sound, Fl.

My testimony

I would like to share a brief testimony that I just wrote to a friend of mine. To God be the glory, great things He has done and is doing (in the spiritual realm)in my life.

8-26-04
Dear Mrs.

I beg your indulgence as I would like to give a better response to your greeting last night outside the church in which you asked, “How is the world treating you?”

I am happy to proclaim that the eternal life of Jesus that flows through me day by day and moment by moment, by faith, and not by human effort, has set me free from the world, the flesh and the devil. It matters not what the world thinks of my being wedded to Christ, nor does it matter how they treat me. Jesus has set me free and “whom the Son sets free is free indeed.”

My life comes from Jesus and is no longer dependent on the circumstances of life that come from the temporal realm. It really makes no difference to me what the hand of my dear Savior chooses for me each day as I know it is designed for my good and His glory. So whether in lack or whether in abundance concerning earthly chattel, or concerning this earthly body my soul temporarily dwells in, or concerning any of the circumstances that His providence brings my way, including suffering, it makes no difference to me. His life flowing through me fulfills every desire of my very being! “Take the whole world (all that we erringly consider good as well as the obvious bad), but give me (more) of Jesus!”

All that I have has been irrevocably devoted to the Lord, and I have irrevocably devoted all of me to the Lord, I have held nothing back…AND HE HAS BECOME MY ALL!!!

This world is no longer my home. I’m a stranger and a sojourner here. As Abraham said to the king of Sodom when that king offered Abraham a reward for rescuing Lot and the other inhabitants that had been captured and taken from Sodom, I say to this world – “I have lifted up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say I have made Abram rich…” (Gen. 14:22-23)

It’s so wonderful to know that the things of time have no more sway over my spiritual life. No matter what unpleasant circumstances may be affecting my family, business, other money matters, health, et al, and there have been plenty, Jesus’ Kingdom-life of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit just keeps on flowing! He just keeps holding me up, in the heavenly realms, no matter what comes along. His love never fails! Praise the name of Jesus my Lord, Savior and very Life forever and forever! “Oh I have found Him, the Crystal Fountain!”

I have also found His promises to be true, experientially, not just in theory, including this glorious promise that I will close with. “Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst (for the things of the world and of time); but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.” (John 4:14)

A slave of Jesus Christ (what a privilege)!

2004/8/26 23:46Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re: My testimony

Thank you for your wonderful testimony (well, actually, thank God for working in you to produce that which you testify of, but you get the idea).

The intense, consuming, sacrificial faith evident in your writing is the same which resides in me and countless others. We have the same Spirit.

I'm actually hesitant to bring up the one thing that puzzled me:

Quote:
“Take the whole world (all that we erringly consider good as well as the obvious bad), but give me (more) of Jesus!”

If you're using the term "world" in the common N.T. sense of "this present age" or that part of the human race under the thrall of the devil, then I quite understand and agree with what you wrote. However, if you mean "world" in the sense of "the Universe" (or the Earth), I would say that God called it good when He created it and only those parts that either fell (i.e. humans and some angels) or were tainted by the fallen (i.e. some animals and plant life, and to some extent the polluted ecosystems) are no longer good.

Take the rest of the physical Universe, for instance, as can be seen rather nicely in the Hubble slideshow linked to in another thread. Are all those nebulae and galaxies bad? Were they not good to begin with? Has something changed that?

But this is a very minor thing out of a wonderful testimony. In either case I would agree, "give me more of Jesus!"

2004/8/27 0:54Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Hey welcome.nothing like the once over. it's your testimony and glad to hear from you. :-)

2004/8/27 1:14Profile
JTM

Hobe Sound, Fl.

Re:

So glad to hear of your faith Keith.

Let me try to clarify the statement that puzzled you, and thanks for bringing it to my attention as it is a bit confusing.

I was not speaking of the physical universe. Instead, I was referring to such things that rise out of pride such as self-suffciency and independence and which were fostered on the world by Satan and have been reinforced in our thinking by the "spirit of the world" and those who are still under the sway of the evil one.

2004/8/27 1:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy