Re:

Quote:

Intense wrote:
Quote:

rbanks wrote:
Quote:

Intense wrote:
Quote:

How's that? Jesus was responsible for the "Word" within Him. . . What do you believe His temptations were all about? or should I ask that question?

Intense,

Are you living responsibly before God?

Are you filled with the Holy Ghost?

When was the last time God used you to lay hands on someone to set them free from sin, heal the sick, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Could you give a time or situation recently where God has used you? I would appreciate hearing about it.

I could say lots to the question in the affirmative however, why the question and why the need to know? If God expressed himself from me why should I speak of it except to say God did this or God did that, without reference to myself?
Since you have taken the liberty to post a quote of mine posted to someone else, how about responding to the question I asked with regards to the temptations of Jesus whose resposibility it was to protect the Word within Him? Bet you never looked at it like that before, eh? I mean, Jesus was God and all that, eh?

Intense,

The reason I took the liberty to ask you those questions is because of all the many questions you keep asking people in a way that many find hard to understand your motive and also comprehend where you are neither where you are headed.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

The questions I asked you were plain and simple. The reason you would not answer is obvious in your reply.

I will try to give you an honest answer to your question but will not continue in any kind of games with those who think they have superior knowledge over others that they need to try and teach them.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I don’t need for you to teach over me because God is teaching me everyday and causing me to walk in the power of the Holy Ghost with signs and wonders following. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, open the eyes of the blind, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

First of all Jesus is not just a carrier of the word because He is the word. Jesus is the word of God made flesh. We are born flesh but we are to be reborn to become the word of God in Christ Jesus. Without Jesus we can be nothing and do nothing. I explained in my former post about how we are made partakers of the divine nature through obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ. I explained also how everything we have is of him abiding in us and we in Him and nothing of ourselves but only in Him.

Sincerely to you Intense, God can surely teach us through others but take some good inventory of all your questions and the way you go about it. How can God use you to help others when you turn most people off by the way you ask them questions. Most don't really understand your questions. D L Moody said that if we really wanted to help others understand the gospel then come down to the level of a child and make it plain to a child and then you can explain the gospel to others. It is all about God using you to bless others.

Blessings to you!

2009/5/29 20:36Profile

Re: The Keys to the kingdom of heaven

Intense replied

Quote:
to the question ... why the need to know?

Exactly.

Why have you started a thread called 'Are you "Born Again"?' You might have had far more response had you worded your title differently, so as not to draw attention to the capital 'I' which is implied therein.

Forum rules specifically state that discussions should centre around the topic 'the ball', (eg, new birth in that case) and not 'the man', apart from asking questions to ascertain a clearer understanding of the other person's meaning.

That is why you will find many here unwilling to make claims for themselves in such a way as to promote their own name above Christ's.

That is why we would give all the honour to the Lord Jesus Christ for His condescension to dwell in us by His Spirit, rather than turn it into statement which makes it sound as if He has abandoned His life to our care. Actually, He has, and we do well to remember that with great humility.

[i]'Have you been kind to His reputation this week?'

Oswald Chambers[/i]

Your question 'Does Christ, the "Word", share your body?' gives away your deeper thought - that you don't consider that He [i]owns[/i] your body, and can do what He likes with it, according to His own good pleasure, for which we were made - Rev 4:11

Of course, being God, He has only our highest good in His heart and mind, which we can aver from the gospel record of His dealings with people... so, we need not fear that He will harm the real man inside us - the inner man - regardless of what our outer man (body) might go through for His sake. Indeed, it is our privilege to suffer in the flesh for His sake. (1 Pet 4:1)

The authority given to Peter with the keys of the kingdom of heaven, was possible only because he understood that obedience to his Father's will, might well lead to a cross. He had already left [i]all[/i] to follow Christ. Luke 18:28;
1 Cor 6:19 'not your own'.

I realise this post might seem better in the thread about which I have spoken, but it is my [i]seconds[/i] to rbanks reply where he said:
Quote:
The reason I took the liberty to ask you those questions is because of all the many questions you keep asking people in a way that many find hard to understand your motive and also comprehend ...

Yes, I think we find them a bit intrusive, and, there are other ways to find out where a poster is at in their walk with God, which would have attracted [i]no[/i] disapprobation. Having said that, all the time we are sharing at all - like I am now - we are laying ourselves open to the judgements of others. If the prospect of correction is unwelcome, we should stop posting! However, 'correction' is not merely to another person's opinion, but to bring us to total conformity with the life of our Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 12:1, 2.

2009/5/30 3:36

Re:

Quote:

rbanks wrote:

Sincerely to you Intense, God can surely teach us through others but take some good inventory of all your questions and the way you go about it. How can God use you to help others when you turn most people off by the way you ask them questions. Most don't really understand your questions. D L Moody said that if we really wanted to help others understand the gospel then come down to the level of a child and make it plain to a child and then you can explain the gospel to others. It is all about God using you to bless others.

Blessings to you!

I believe have come down to the level of child by asking the questions I have asked and you still don't get it and only wish to argue. For this you blame me? For this you wish to make me the reason your lip is stuck out? I am sorry you will find me a very objective person not given to mis-construing to protect my pride or yours.

My questions to date haven't been answered except to reveal viciousness from those who continue adnausm to make me the center of their discomfort and not the Word of God; shuffling from foot to foot asking for my motive instead of allowing the question to penetrate and expose the void in their heart they are given to accept as "normal".. Or perhaps the question has penetrated and they just don't know where to place it in their thinking. I would imagine sincere folk would ask: How can I bring this perspective into my myself that I might walk more circumspectly in/before the Lord, not relying upon the "self-help" books advertised, I keep buying that do nothing to sustain my hope and desire to live righteously; having to be content week after week with the preacher who keeps telling me I sin everyday and I am just a poor sinner saved by grace and Jesus sympathizes with you"? All of that is a lie from the pit! If you born again, you sit with Christ in His Heavenly places! That is the perspective gone untaught! Learn that and the signs and wonders that follow will follow because you are in His presence and His presence is in you. Have you done that? Have you truly reckoned yourself dead to sin? How then can you sit with Him in Heavenly places where no sin is allowed? Gird up your loin and be a man. Get on with God as a becoming son of His, should. Quick asking if someone does signs and wonders as a proof! Learn to be and the doing will follow suit. I am a Pentecostal of 71 years. I know what I speak of is true. . . . Ken

2009/5/30 5:10
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

I believe have come down to the level of child by asking the questions I have asked and you still don't get it and only wish to argue. For this you blame me? For this you wish to make me the reason your lip is stuck out? I am sorry you will find me a very objective person not given to mis-construing to protect my pride or yours.

My questions to date haven't been answered except to reveal viciousness from those who continue adnausm to make me the center of their discomfort and not the Word of God; shuffling from foot to foot asking for my motive instead of allowing the question to penetrate and expose the void in their heart they are given to accept as "normal".. Or perhaps the question has penetrated and they just don't know where to place it in their thinking. I would imagine sincere folk would ask: How can I bring this perspective into my myself that I might walk more circumspectly in/before the Lord, not relying upon the "self-help" books advertised, I keep buying that do nothing to sustain my hope and desire to live righteously; having to be content week after week with the preacher who keeps telling me I sin everyday and I am just a poor sinner saved by grace and Jesus sympathizes with you"? All of that is a lie from the pit! If you born again, you sit with Christ in His Heavenly places! That is the perspective gone untaught! Learn that and the signs and wonders that follow will follow because you are in His presence and His presence is in you. Have you done that? Have you truly reckoned yourself dead to sin? How then can you sit with Him in Heavenly places where no sin is allowed? Gird up your loin and be a man. Get on with God as a becoming son of His, should. Quick asking if someone does signs and wonders as a proof! Learn to be and the doing will follow suit. I am a Pentecostal of 71 years. I know what I speak of is true. . . . Ken

[/quote/]

Ken,

Thanks for replying but fyi I don't use self help books. His word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my pathway. I have not been in pentecostal as long as you but I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. I have reckoned myself dead to sin and live and walk in the power of the Holy Spirit.

I am not becoming a son because I am a son of God. I don't follow signs and wonders they follow me.

Blessings to you!

2009/5/30 8:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy