SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Veil of misunderstanding be removed from believer?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JesusLoves

Veil of misunderstanding be removed from believer?

How do we pull down the veil of misunderstanding that satan has put over a believer. Any text sermons/testimonies will be appreciated.

2009/5/24 23:04Profile

Re: Veil of misunderstanding be removed from believer?

Jesusloves,
I'm sorry but I really don't understand your Question.
Elizabeth

2009/5/25 8:48
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Veil of misunderstanding be removed from believer?

Quote:
JesusLoves wrote:
How do we pull down the veil of misunderstanding that satan has put over a believer. Any text sermons/testimonies will be appreciated.

You many not believe this but I am (as I type), listening to a sermon by Derek Prince called "[url=http://www.dpmuk.org/Shop/Products/56977/DPM_Shop/MP3/Gods_Medicine_Bottle.aspx]God's Medicine Bottle[/url]." [All of Derek Princes mp3's (the ones you can't get on Sermonindex), on his website are 1/2 off until May 31st - use code SS09.]

In it he teaches about this very subject. It's "OUR" preconceived notions about the word of God that keeps us from understanding. If we can overcome ourselves, it can be removed!

These are my typed notes...

My son, attend to my words; [b]incline thine ear unto my sayings[/b]. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Proverbs 4.20-22

Incline is to bend down. You cannot bend your ear unless you bend your head. It's an attitude of humility and teach-ability.

God asked me,“Who is the pupil and who is the teacher?” Are you trying to be the teacher when it should be God? Are you letting God teach you?

Do you have your own preconceptions?
Do you have your mind made up as to what God has said?
And if He says something different in His word, are we capable of hearing it because of our mind being blocked by these set ideas?

God is saying, “Incline thine ear.” [God means: Give up your prejudices and bend that stiff neck of yours and let Me tell you how good I am and how wonderful is the provision I have for you. Don’t measure me by human standards. I’m God, I’m almighty, and I am a gracious, faithful and merciful God.]

God’s word works in us only insofar as we receive it. If we don’t receive it, it doesn’t do us any good.

In inclining the ear, we have to come face to face with the fact that most of us have mental barriers when we begin to read the Bible and they’re due in many cases to our past background. Many of us have some kind of denominational affiliation in the past or presently involved in some particular denomination. I am not opposed to denominations but I want to suppose to you that every denomination has it’s weak points and it’s strong points. It has areas where it’s been faithful to the truth and it has areas where it’s not been faithful to the truth.

So if we measure God from our own background, if we judge the Scriptures by what some church or some denomination teaches; we will exclude out of our mind much of the truth that God wants us to receive and which can bless us and help us.

For instance, some churches teach that the age of miracles is past; I have never been able to find any basis for that in Scripture. I can think of dozens of Scriptures which indicate the exact opposite but if you approach with the attitude of the age of miracles is past; when God promises you a miracle you probably can’t hear it.

Or some Christian groups suggest that in order to be holy, you have to be poor and that being anything but poor is in some way almost sinful. If its God’s purpose to bless you with prosperity as He indicates many times it can be His purpose then when you have that attitude you are not able to receive the blessing of prosperity which God is offering you on the basis of Scripture.

3 John 1.2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

God says incline your ear; don’t come at me with your prejudices, your arguments, or preconceptions, bend that stiff neck of yours and let me teach you.

That’s an essential requirement for receiving healing from the word of God. It’s laying down prejudices, preconceptions, bending that stiff neck, opening our ears and listening carefully to what God says and NOT rejecting it because it doesn’t agree with something “we” thought God ought to have said.

I hope this is what you were speaking of! If not, I'm sorry to have posted all this. Perhaps it will bless someone who might need it!

2009/5/25 9:47Profile

Re:

Lysa,
I am blessed by this Truth.
I agree and appreciate this.
Grace and Peace to you,
Elizabeth

2009/5/25 13:53
JesusLoves

Re:

Quote:

ebeth wrote:
Jesusloves,
I'm sorry but I really don't understand your Question.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth, i am having a hard time helping a believer see the truth. Something has blinded the spiritual eye so much that simple gospel truth from the word does not make any sense.

2009/5/25 16:14Profile
JesusLoves

Re:

Lysa,
Thankyou for the article. It says incline your ear...That is where the veil has to come off- Then this believer will incline his ear.
Even as i am typing i am prompted to pray the word- Lord incline the ear of___ to your word. Lets see it should work.
Also i have an excellent book by Derek Prince- 'Blessing or Curse you can choose.'Have you read this book.

2009/5/25 16:27Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Also pray for your friend that he/she will "receive the love of the truth that they might be saved."
2 Thess 2.10-12

I've started praying this for people as well. I don't know that there is "any one" key that works universally with people! I do believe it's our love for our family and friends that guide our prayers for them.

When I have more of Derek's sermon, "God's Medicine Bottle" finished, I will email it to you. The part above was just one part! It is full of wisdom.

God bless,

2009/5/25 16:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy