Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Where Art Thou by D.L. Moody

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

Re: Where Art Thou - Moody

Moody now asks 'Where Art Thou' - sinner.

He gives "three steps to the lost world" - Neglect, Refusal and Dispise.

I like the example he uses for neglect. He describes a person in a small boat on a swift river. There is a waterfall ahead. All who go over it perish. "I need not row the boat down; I have only to pull in the oars, and fold my arms and neglect."

Then there are those who intentionally refuse and those who litterally dispise.

Whatever the case, there is an unfortunate end of which we the church need to catch a new vision. We are in desperate need of an awakening as everyone here knows. It seems to be stirring. Does anyone else sense it more lately than normal?

2009/6/2 23:03Profile
utilizer001

Oregon

Re:

Mjones,
I can not say that I sense the stirring of revival and awakening, but rather the continued deepening of the need for revival and awaking. A friend and I started meeting at the church on Fridays at noon for prayer back in December. 2 other men join us off and on. But watching the church membership, many of whom are lost, the sense of need for God to move, to show Himself, to manifest His glory, to break the pride of our "Independent fundamental Baptist" selves deepens every week.
We pray for revival, we seek God's face. And we know He'll bring revival, but we do wonder if it will come to our church, or if our church will be called Ichabod before revival comes to this area.

Jason

2009/6/3 1:06Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Hi Jason,

It is interesting that you that you say, "We pray for revival, we seek God's face". The last couple of mornings in my reading (John 12), I have picked up on something. We all long for awakening; we pray for it, we preach about it; write about it; etc, but I believe there is a dying that has to take place before we will experience it.

Rather than going in to all the things I see in John 12 that points to that, I'll leave it to you and others that may have interest in it to read it and see what you might see.

I appreciate your comments. I was very involved in our Baptist church for quite a few years. They will work you to death if you let them. I got burned out. Now kindof laying low (workwise) in a very good Methodist church, and simply seeking God. As I have said before, I have worked for God - I am now learning to walk with Him. Becomming more and more ready to go back to work.

All for now,

Mike

2009/6/3 7:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy