SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God Is Jealous Over Us

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

God Is Jealous Over Us

I sent this message out today:

I was wondering why after just a few short days of going back to the YMCA, my fire and desire to work out keeps fading (many of you know my background with fitness). I feel no love for it at all after just a day or so. Then I read this quote and now I know why:

[b]"The Lord is very jealous over any saint who is utterly abandoned to Him. He does not let that believer have any pleasures at all outside of Himself."[/b] M.Jeane Guyon

I can only be consumed with Him. He will not allow much of my time or love to go toward anything but Him. How odd in a way, how odd in today's world of pleasing the flesh, how odd in view of everyone's call for "balance". There is no balancing God.
---------------

Though I get some wonderful and enouraging responses and emails, it is quite obvious that many think that this kind of abandonment to God is "wacko", "crazy", and/or "over-the-edge".

Where is the abandonment to God in the churches? Does no one teach this? Are the sheep not being taught to surrender and abandon it all for Christ who gave His all for us? What a shame. :-o I am sad for the Lord that He does not get the love and allegiance that He so deserves.

Hidden in Him, Chanin

2004/8/25 11:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: God Is Jealous Over Us

Quote:
Where is the abandonment to God in the churches? Does no one teach this? Are the sheep not being taught to surrender and abandon it all for Christ who gave His all for us? What a shame.

Great quote to share Chanin! Yes many things arent taught in church that should be. But at the same time 'surrender' is taught and used in many circles for other reasons that lead not to Christ. I think genuine surrender of individuals in the church needs to be taught and shown as a standard. Andrew Murray called it "Absolute Surrender" !! he actually wrote a small book on that topic.. it has blessed my life tremendously and the Lord will allow people to read it when their heart is right to accept it.

Here are a few sermons on this topic: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1833]Absolute Surrender by Keith Daniel[/url], [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3141]Absolute Surrender (Romans 11-12) by Colin Peckham[/url]

Quote:
"The Lord is very jealous over any saint who is utterly abandoned to Him. He does not let that believer have any pleasures at all outside of Himself." M.Jeane Guyon

Amen here are a few verses that came to mind sister:

[b]Psalm 37:4[/b] - Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

This happens because our desires becomes Gods desires in everything in our life.

[b]James 4:5[/b] - Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

[b]2 Corinthians 11:2[/b] - For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2004/8/25 11:24Profile
moreofHim

Re: absolute surrender

Yes, I have "Absolute Surrender" and read it a couple of years ago. Excellent! I still believe that the "Surrender" book by Nancy DeMoss may be a better choice for people who want to learn about surrender because it is so detailed and is written in easy language. plus I know she got most of her material from reading the likes of Murray, Chambers, Fenelon, Spurgeon Bro. Lawrence, etc... So it's kind of the best of the best of surrender put together. :)

I do believe that the message of absolute surrender or abandonment to God (whatever you like to call it :) is an absolute necessity in today's church. Without it, there will be no revival. The gospel has become so full of self and humanism that absolute surrender seems cruel and unusual punishment to believers.

Surrendering our wills and our rights (the hardest and last things) to anything and everthing is something that most Christians cannot wrap their minds around.

I am praying about how I might take this message to the church. Time is ticking away.

In Him, Chanin

2004/8/25 11:43Profile
Spitfire

Re: God Is Jealous Over Us

Finally, a topic I understand! When I read your thoughts on abandonment, I so understand what you mean. I've always been restless. I am 46 years old and I can remember being restless and dissatisfied even as a child. Now that I have come to Christ, I understand that it is the jealous spirit of God, ever drawing me. I cannot be satisfied with this life. It seems so puny and futile. My heart longs for something not of this world. Even in my spiritual walk, there is no rest. I am beginning to believe that I have some kind of call to intercession that I haven't understood before, perhaps like these guys of old who couldn't sleep for begging God for revival. I truly understand now that all of humanity is doomed without the light of God turning on for us. We cannot possibly see the truth outside of a divine miracle of grace. Thanks for your words about exercise. I have had to abandon many things because it felt "yucky". Sometimes I feel really alone.

2004/8/25 18:50Profile
moreofHim

Re: alone

Dian,

Quote:
Sometimes I feel really alone

I believe many restless believers feel alone much of the time. I have had many times where I felt alone and misunderstood and then there have been fewer times where I feel that I have felt somewhat normal.

I am finding out that these "alone" times are a real blessing! For I really have to depend on God alone and my focus is totally all on Him. I seem to be unable to take a step without Him.

Tozer wrote a wonderful article about this: [url=http://www.sendrevival.com/pioneers/awtozer/the_saint_must_walk_alone.htm]The Saint must Walk Alone[/url]

In Him, Chanin

2004/8/25 19:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy