SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Ravenhill Quotes..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Ravenhill Quotes..

I thought it would be intresting to start a thread so you could share good quotes from Leonard Ravenhill sermons that you hear or watch:

“Americas living on borrowed time. We’ve passed the safety line years ago. We’re heading for hell as quick as any nation on earth. But if we saw the glory of God on Sunday in every church in America, we’d shake the country for God the next week.”-
Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 0:06Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re: Ravenhill Quotes..

Revival is when God gets so sick and tired of being misrepresented that He shows Himself.

-Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 0:13Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"There are people who think that God is only around to help us. We have a great utility God, they think. You pray, and He does this! You pray, and He does that! You pray, and He sends you money. You pray, and He gets you out of a jam. He’s not somebody you worship in speechless adoration, but He’s a utility God! And some on TV are exploiting that to the maximum."

-Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 0:14Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"The only reason we don't have revival, is because we are willing to live without it."

-Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 0:15Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"The greatest tragedy ever, is a sick church in a dying world."

-Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 0:16Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"A man who is intimate with God, will never be intimated by men."

-Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 0:17Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Ravenhill Quotes..

“We have to make up our minds if this Book is absolute or obsolete.
It's either got the answer for our generation or forget it."
- Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 6:36Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re:

“The church has to rediscover two things. One, the majesty and the Holiness of God, and the other, the sinfulness of sin.” – Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 6:37Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Ravenhill

"We’re preaching an acceptable Gospel today, making it as painless as we can. And all we do is give people a shot to put them to sleep so they get to hell quicker. We need some hellfire preaching on repentance" - Leonard Ravenhill

God himself says in the Bible: "If a liar and deceiver comes and says, 'I will prophesy for you plenty of wine and beer,' he would be just the prophet for this people!" (Micah 2:11)

You know what we're doing with our modern methods for effective evangelism? We're grieving God, we're making a fool out of Him! We think the Bible isn't good enough. We need examples! The Holy Ghost is history. We need entertainment. And now we got two problems. First of all, the Church fully relies on these methods (instead of relying on God) and they seem to work.

The second problem is that Christianity receives new strength. But not the strength from God. In Isaiah it says: "You were wearied by all your ways, but you would not say, 'It is hopeless.' You found renewal of your strength, and so you did not faint." (Isaiah 57:10). This chapter is directed to the sons of a sorceress, offspring of adulterers and prostitutes! This is the spiritual state of the Church of Christ today! But in spite of her terrible state, she gains new strength...power from this world.

Lots of Christians like these days. They think that God is working...well, perhaps I'm wearing very dark sunglasses, but I believe we live in the darkest days ever!

I thank God there are still people who see this darkness and they dare to preach boldly. They don't merely point out that there's darkness, but they also lit a candle! Before revival comes, we need to see that we are dead! That's what revival means: RE = again + VIVAL comes from "Life". So revival means to come back to life again, which makes clear that at this moment we (as the Church of Christ) are as dead as a dodo!

We're going down people! So let us go down also...to our knees! May we be encouraged by God as He says: "You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give Him no rest, till He establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth" (Isaiah 62:6-7)

2004/8/27 12:49Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

"I’m embarrassed to be part of the Church of Jesus today, because I believe it’s an embarrassment to a holy God!" - Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/28 5:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy