SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : So They Were Divided

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

So They Were Divided

I posted this on my website this morning. It seem appropriate in light of all the division here, to post it here as well.

So They Were Divided

John 9

Everyone seems to be divided today. Not only does our nation seem to be drawing clearer lines of distinction than have been drawn in many years, but it appears our churches are doing the same thing. I and many others sense God is in the new while many are drawing lines in the sand since it does not line up with what they believe. Both cannot be right but both are sure that they are. So we are divided.

They were divided in John 9 also. ‘As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth’. ‘As he went along, he saw…’ He took the time to notice, as was pointed out by someone a few days ago. He took the time to notice. He took the time to heal.

The Pharisees were not ‘going along’. They were stationary. ‘They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been born blind.’ Forever looking for fault, they realize the healing took place on the Sabbath and accuse, ‘This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.’ It was not in line with what they believed so they rejected it. But others asked, ‘How can a sinner do such miraculous things’? ‘So they were divided.’

Because the Pharisees were forever looking to find fault, they not only missed what God was doing, but also, they instilled fear in those they were supposed to be shepherding. When the blind man’s parents were questioned, ‘they were afraid of the Jews, for already the Jews had decided that anyone that acknowledged that Jesus was the Christ would be put out of the synagogue.’ When they questioned the blind man, ‘they hurled insults at him’ and, ‘they threw him out.’

‘Jesus heard they had thrown him out, and when he found him…’ Again contrast with the stationary Pharisees, Jesus is out doing and while out doing, He finds the man and invites him in.

While those who are set on finding fault will always find a reason to exclude, those who are focused on finding whatever light they can find will find a way to include. Verse 4 states, ‘As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me’. Jesus was telling His disciples that He and they must be about doing the work. And then He says of Himself something that I think we should get a fresh vision of and be able to say of ourselves, ‘While I am in the world, I am the light of the world’.

Our focus is not on finding fault; that is the work of our enemy. Our focus is on finding the light and then shining it for all to see. There are distinctly two groups, and, ‘so they are divided’.

2009/5/17 10:03Profile

Re: So They Were Divided

Brother Mike,
well spoke sir...indeed.

in His love, neil

2009/5/17 11:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy