SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Office Chaplains Provide Spirituality at Work

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Office Chaplains Provide Spirituality at Work

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

ATLANTA — Chicken plants and church may seem worlds apart but one pastor says there's no better place to minister to his flock.

"I love the interaction of making a product, selling it, servicing a customer, and then being able to tie that in with general care and concern for people," said Mitch Miles of Marketplace Chaplains USA (search), a Dallas-based company that provides more than 1,000 chaplains to businesses nationwide.

Robin Burruss, president of Tip Top Poultry, said his employees are "better off with this practice, which makes our company better off. But at the end of the day, we just view it as a bigger role that we have than just running the plants."

Major corporations like Coca-Cola Co. (KO) and United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) provide spaces for employees to hold prayer or Bible study meetings during their breaks.

--

I am intresting to know if anyone has prayer meetings or bible studies in their work situation?

2004/8/23 9:55Profile
5nva

Re: Office Chaplains Provide Spirituality at Work

Greg:

Where I work there are some small groups around the country that have bible studies. Most are very low key. We did have a very large group of around 100 on an email and voice mail group. There was a devotional and prayer every day over voice mail and you could send out a short message or prayer request over the voice mail and email anytime you wanted. It ended up being stopped by corporate lawyers because someone is sueing the company for discrimination and they are pointing the finger at a couple of people on this group and claiming it was religous discrimination.

Also, I know someone locally where I live that I think works for this company you mention.

Mike

2004/8/23 10:16Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Office Chaplains Provide Spirituality at Work

Quote:
I am intresting to know if anyone has prayer meetings or bible studies in their work situation?

It's interesting that you ask this question because I just received permission today from the company I work for to use a company conference room for a bible study. I am planning to start a weekly study after work on Mondays. I will be posting a notice in the cafeteria this week, please join me in thanksgiving and prayer for this opportunity.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/8/23 15:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy