Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Pray for me

Praying - Your posts have often encouraged me. Do it unto Jesus, only then can you have the neccessary grace and compassion. I am also teaching 12-14 year old Sunday school kids mostly from the black community.

2009/5/15 18:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

God answered your prayers!

Quote:
I am also teaching 12-14 year old Sunday school kids mostly from the black community.

I would love to sit down and talk with you about this!

To the rest who encouraged me and said you prayed for me, I would like to report that this pressure of oppression has lifted! Praise the LORD! This oppression was nasty, depressive. On one hand I felt foolish, even foolish to ask for your prayers, but on the other hand felt compelled to do so.

Now my next thing is to get a handle on this curriculum...I would prefer making my own but they never suggested this, so I must submit to the 'powers that be'. It is an excellent text...I love to teach but am a tad bit independent when it comes to teaching out of another book...so pray that the devil will not make me so busy that will rob me of the time needed to work on this project.

God bless you all for your prayer support...I am deeply grateful.

Love,
ginnyrose

2009/5/16 0:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

This is an update:

Our VBS started Monday night, June 8. We had 95 students, most from the community which is black. I had 12 girls from ages 12 on up.

At first, I felt frustration with the lesson, then by Tuesday night the LORD had given me insight on how to handle it and so on my part went well on Tuesday night.

BUT the enemy is working hard to thwart the gospel message with crazy distractions: like a black bug flying through our tent (we are housed in a tent outside where it is really hot and if you perspire easily - which I did- you are soon all wet) or fire ants that have a way of finding a victim or any other bugs. One of my helpers brought bug repellent along which helped very little. To think these things distract is a tad bit absurd when you consider that all are natives who grew up with these creatures.

Then you have the few who will do anything to get attention and are disrespectful. Nevertheless, there are those who really want to learn and do listen.

So if the Holy Spirit inspires you to pray for this event, please do so. Pray that the forces of evil will be restrained so the Holy Spirit can work; also pray for strength for the teachers. This morning I still felt exhausted and after a nap, I feel better...now to the lesson I go, hoping to be inspired so I can share this wonderful message of God's love and mercy with them. (Tonight I want to share the giving of the ten commandments.)

ginnyrose

2009/6/10 14:45Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thanks for the update. Now I have a clearer picture of what the situation is, I will be able to be more specific in my prayers.

Doing it right now.

white stone

2009/6/10 15:57Profile
dohzman

John 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

sometimes in the midst of battle our responsibility is to just behold the Lamb of God.
I'll be praying. Your bro in Christ daryl

2009/6/10 16:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy