Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Pray for me

I would like to ask for prayer on my behalf...

In recent weeks I have had to deal with oppression with it becoming worse in just the last few days. The enemy is asking me to doubt everything Biblical, questioning me about everything I believe. In my heart I know I will not give in, but the pressure is awful.

As I ponder the reason about the intensity of this attack, I have come to the conclusion it has something to do with my agreement to teach "Bible Survey" to the 12-16 YO girls at VBS coming up in June. I was given the book "The Stranger - on the Road to Emmaus" by John R. Cross to use as a text. It is very thorough, divided into 15 chapters and I am to condense it into FIVE lessons! Now this alone could be depressive....but this is a problem that can be dealt with - I think. But it is the fundamental issue of what I will be talking about that has me in the dumps.

So if, when, the Holy Spirit prompts you would you mind bringing me before the throne of grace that the LORD would strengthen me and above all that I would be found faithful? And that the WORD will find fertile soil in which it can grow and produce fruit? And that ALL the students would be attentive?

About this class: most will be from the black community with a few white girls. Some will be Christians, but most will not be. The black girls come from single parent homes where illicit sex is common...This is the spiritual state of the students I will have in my class. Pray for them. The goal of this class is to teach the Gospel.

Thanks and God bless.
ginnyrose

2009/5/14 9:50Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Re: Pray for me

Will pray.

2009/5/14 10:21Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Yes, I will pray for you and that the Gospel spreads to the hearts of these young women.

2009/5/14 10:24Profile
MaryJane

Greetings ginnyrose

I will be praying for you during this time, may He sustain you and strengthen you daily. I will also pray for the young girls you will be sharing with that Father will soften hearts and give them eyes to see and ears to hear His truth.

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/5/14 10:57Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Ginnyrose,

It has been weighing on my mind about teaching unsaved girls and not teaching them straight from the Gospel. They will not be as able to take the meat of Apostle Paul as they may be able to accept the milk of the Gospel. What made the Powers that Be decide to use that text?

Are the coming voluntarily, or are they being sent? What makes an unsaved teenager give up her summer days to go to Bible school?

You will be in my prayers.

white stone

2009/5/14 14:42Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

I am praying for you, Sister ginnyrose. Be encouraged during these times: The eternal truth of God and His Word is more powerful than the fleeting excuses of this fallen world.

I will be praying for this possible, upcoming teaching experience too. May God give the increase!

2009/5/14 16:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
What made the Powers that Be decide to use that text?

I do not know how the organizers decided to use this text book. It looking through it it appears to be very fundamental. It also has a workbook which each student will have but they will have no text which will complicate matters...and challenge the teacher more. I asked the planners if I could just take the first five lessons and they continue with the book at Kidz Klubs...no answer on that, yet.

Quote:
Are the coming voluntarily, or are they being sent? What makes an unsaved teenager give up her summer days to go to Bible school?

Yes, these children come voluntarily. Our church owns a van which will go out into the community to pick up the children. Some folks also loan their vans for this purpose. This may be the fourth year for VBS, am not sure. But anyhow, we tell folks it is for ages up to 14 but if they had been there before they keep coming, even if they are 16, 17...Last year our enrollment was close to 120 with 75% from the surrounding area. We think we have maxed out on the number of potential enrollees. (Our church is next to a very small town, a poor town with very few businesses - doesn't even have a convenience store! - but people live there.)

Why would the teens give up their summer days? For one thing, this VBS is held evenings...maybe they are bored and this promises some variety in their life?? Or, just maybe the Holy Spirit is pushing them to come? Remember - this is a small rural town with only several hundred people.

The children seem to love it! However, it is very obvious they come from one-parent homes where loving discipline is not exercised. We have rules and if they are violated they will be taken home and perhaps banned for the rest of the secession.

I love these children: they are so precious! They are victims of circumstances beyond their control and how we long to help them make a break from the rut they are in. Most of these children are knowledgeable of God but it never impacts their lifestyle. So, we are expecting that at some point the LORD will intervene and bring these people to himself.

Thank-you all for your encouraging words...

FYI: the VBS is scheduled to run from June 8-12. If the Holy Spirit prompts you to pray for this event, please do.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/5/14 21:20Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Praying.

2009/5/14 21:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I will be praying ginnyrose.

2009/5/14 23:02Profile
JesusLoves

Heavenly Father,
We come before your throne of grace and mercy and lift up ginnyrose and her decision to spread your word and bring your life into situations that are beyond imaginations. Bless - help- cleanse- everyone involved.

We plead the blood of Jesus upon every life involved. Step in Holyspirit of God You are welcome here and in all our lives. Let The love and holiness and blessings of the most Holy God flow thorugh all these lives -esp ginnyrose and all of us interceding for this cause. We love you- We trust in you- We praise you.IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY. Amen.

2009/5/15 12:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy