Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Adam's Witnessing Encounters

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
yoadam

OREGON

Adam's Witnessing Encounters

[i][b]"...do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."[/b][/i] -2 Timothy 4:5

Hi everybody,

I hope to keep this up to date with my witnessing encounters. I also hope it will be an encouragement to you all.

Adam

2009/5/13 23:56Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re: Adam's Witnessing Encounters

A while ago I lived in Hawaii (I was part of a Salvation Army missions and discipleship school, called [url=http://revolutionhawaii.com/]Revolution Hawaii[/url]) for about 10 months and the Marshall Islands for two summers (summer mission trips). But now I'm back home... I currently work at the Coos Bay, OR Salvation Army After-School Program. We are a little bit like the boys and girls club, except we are Christian-based. I have worked there for two years as the Gymnasium Supervisor, but up until recently evangelizing the children had been at an all-time low. (I never wanted to be the one to evangelize the kids, especially this early on, because I felt I was not ready for it-- but I believe God has thrusted me into the position.) I always worried that I was not ready for such a high calling and responsibility, of having to communicate the gospel message... to children! Especially considering Jesus' words in Matt. 18:3-6 (ESV),

Quote:
"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Let's just say it is serious business to work with children...!

Well, to make a long story short, about ten years ago when I was in fifth grade in a Sunday School class, an old man named Mr. Glazener said to everybody, "I am going to take your pictures this week. Next week I will tell you what you are going to be when you grow up." And the following week he came and said, "Adam, you are going to be an evangelist." And, "James, you are going to be an engineer." I forgot about this until about three years ago. I don't know what happened to my buddy James, but I bet you he is an engineer. Well, like Jonah, I had been running from this call to preach the gospel for a long time, but by the grace of God-- I quit running. (Looking back, this is all very strange, considering that Mr. Glazener I do not think is much of a charismatic, and neither am I, and this kind of stuff does not happen very often to me...)

One night while I was wrestling with the call to preach, I realized I had been running from the call. I knew it deep down, but this time I finally realized it, and so [url=http://www.yoadam.com/2009/02/i-repent-of-being-unbelieving.html]I repented[/url]. Up until now, I was going to do anything BUT be a preacher. (In fact, I had a scholarship at a local community college and was heading towards becoming an ESL teacher with plans to be a school teacher one day.) Myself needing repentance was not easy to handle, considering that in the past years I had already been sent off as a missionary to the Hawaiian Islands and the Marshall Islands of Micronesia and now have returned back home... I wept uncontrollably that night and God was faithful to grant repentance. It was tough because nobody around me really understood what I was going through... Later when I met with some other local University of Oregon preachers, they understood how I felt when I told them about this... But the fact is, the weight of the calling to preach the gospel is heavy. [i][Currently, I am considering applying to the [url=http://www.tnars.net]North American Reformed Seminary[/url] (free seminary!) to go for BA in Biblical Studies and M.of Divinity degrees.][/i]

Preaching is such a humiliating work. I'm reminded of the words of Leonard Ravenhill, "Anyone who chooses to become a preacher is an idiot." It sounds extreme, but it's really true. There is not a more disagreeable job on earth! Also as the Apostle Paul said, [b]"Who is sufficient for these things?"[/b] I knew that I was not-- and still,[i] I am not sufficient in myself[/i]. [b]"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God"[/b] Every time I preach, it feels like death to myself. It is only my prayer that God will by His sovereign grace bring the hearers of the gospel to life through the Word preached.

About one month ago, as a mark of repentance, my friend Stephan and I began to preach the gospel every week to all of the kids, (approx. 15-30 in number & between 1st-8th grade), who come to our local Salvation Army After-school program. [i][Please keep in mind that 90% of these kids belong to unsaved parents and are completely unchurched; also about 50% of the kids live in broken homes with a single parent; and also about 75% of them have been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD or whatever... The neighborhood of our afterschool program is some-what of a "ghetto". And Coos County is the most meth infested county in the state of Oregon, which also I believe is the state with the highest meth per capita and the most liberal state in the USA...][/i] We have been preaching through the Gospel of John. We lift up our Lord Jesus Christ high for everybody to see-- the kids and their parents. And I must say, my life has been changed! My prayer life. My personally Bible study. Everything. All of the sudden, now I am forced to stay up late into the night and rise early in the mornings to pray and study the Bible. I am desperate for God and His strength in this endeavor.

Not only have I been changed, but also many of the kids are beginning to demonstrate much interest in Jesus. Now they often will grab the church's Bibles from the library and come to myself or our volunteers and ask us to read it with them. The kids have began to draw pictures of the cross and write things like "I love God" or "I love Jesus". (However, they also write other legalistic things, like, "Do not cuss! Do not punch!" and things of that nature-- it is hard for children to understand abstract things...) Recently, after preaching on John 3, one little girl asked the supervisor, "Do I really need to be born again?" "Yes,..." she replied. But we are not following the typical sinners prayer method, but are trying to avoid that false assurance ideology. We make it clear they all must turn to God in prayer and believe in Jesus and ask to be forgiven for their sins and to save them from sin and hell. We also stress that if they [i]really believe[/i] that they will do what Jesus says (obey Him) and that He will help them to do it.

About 3 weeks ago, I gave away 30 ESV Gospel of John's to about 15 kids. One for each child, and one for their parent(s). They were all so happy to receive them!

Also 3 weeks ago, I bought a [url=http://www.wtsbooks.com/product-exec/product_id/4719/nm/The_Jesus_Storybook_Bible_Every_Story_Whispers_His_Name_Hardcover_]Jesus StoryBook Bible[/url], which seeks to make Jesus the center of every Bible story from the Bible that has been loosely paraphrased. Now for 3 weeks we have been reading 1-2 stories from the storybook to the kids during snack time EVERY DAY. They are loving it and soaking in all the stories. These stories are BRAND NEW to many of the kids. It is so exciting to see their faces light up at the Bible stories. I believe God is using this to set a foundation in their lives which will enable a greater understanding of the Gospel that is preached each Friday. I highly recommend this storybook "Bible"-- not as a substitute for the real thing, but as a supplement. The illustrations are top notch (for the most part), AND they are similiar to the style used in the stories the kids like to read at school nowadays. The following is an illustration of Christ praying in Gethsemane.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/adamschae/2354319335_3e21d63ffa.jpg[/img]
Now, here's the cool part, around this time I also began to pray that God would provide the money (through our local Salvation Army church, of which the afterschool program is an off-shoot...) to buy each kid their very own Jesus story book Bible. (They are about $11 each.) Well, two weeks ago, my pastor took an offering in the middle of church to do exactly what I prayed for! Here's the clincher... I NEVER asked him to do it! All I did was pray. Our pastor simply felt that previous saturday night as he read the Bible that he should take an offering to pay to get each kid their own storybook Bible! (For the record, though, he already knew that we were excited about using this book every day with the kids and I had in the past told him that I wished I could get this book for every single kid...) Well then, now in my home I have 20 Jesus Storybook Bibles and this upcoming Friday I believe we are going to give them out as a free gift to the kids with no strings attached.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/adamschae/03-28-09_1713.jpg[/img]
[b]Praise GOD![/b]

Last Friday we watched the [url=http://www.jesusforchildren.org/languages/index.html]Jesus Movie For Children[/url] (based on Luke's gospel) and they were all completely awestruck at the movie, especially the crucifixion of Christ. It is my prayer this will help them to better picture the stories and gospel message that we preach each Friday in the future...

[i][[b]Side note[/b]: [u]So far, the kids have memorized the following Scriptures:[/u]
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." - [b]Gen. 1:1[/b]
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - [b]John 1:1[/b]
"In him was life, and the life was the light of men." - [b]John 1:4[/b]
""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." - [b]John 3:16-18[/b]][/i]

Lastly, we have been watching the [url=http://www.chitorch.org/index.php/torchlighters/]Torchlighters Voice of the Martyrs Cartoon[/url] series on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So far we have watched the [b]story of Jim Elliot[/b] (who is from Portland, OR, BTW.) And the kids were impacted and I taught them a little bit about the great commission afterwards and prayed for them before they were dismissed. (These cartoons are powerful, and sometimes even bring a tear to my own eyes as we watch them.) In the future, Lord willing, we will watch the stories of [b]Richard Wurmbrand, Perpetua, Gladys Aylward, William Tyndale, John Bunyan, and Eric Liddel[/b]. I also hope to play [b]the story keepers cartoons[/b] (easter & christmas editions), and the [b]Chronicles of Narnia[/b] is a favorite of ours that I can allude to when preaching.

Please PRAY for the kids' salvation and also for the few kids that insist on rebellion and seek to distract others from the gospel message. Other than school, in some of these kids' lives we are the only stable thing that is available from Mon-Fri at the same time and same place. So please pray for Stephan, Myself, and the other Supervisors & Volunteers at the Salvation Army Afterschool Program in Coos Bay!

God Bless.
Adam

2009/5/13 23:58Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

-=Afterschool Program=-
Over the past 2 months, we covered the following 15 stories from the Jesus Storybook Bible with the kids at the Afterschool Program thus far:

The format is that while the children eat their snacks, we read the story from the book to them, then we dialogue about the story (and refresh previous stories), and then finally we close and pray.

[b]1. The Story & the Song.[/b] (We talked about the Bible and how it is not a book of rules, nor a book of heroes to imitate, but is a story-- a story of God and His redemption. God loves His children and comes to rescue them. Jesus is "like the missing piece in a puzzle" and every story whispers His name.)

[b]2. The beginning: a perfect home.[/b] (We talked about how God is our creator and made the whole world. And it was good. There was no pain, no suffering, etc...)

[b]3. The terrible lie.[/b] (We talked about how Adam & Eve were tempted by the snake (the devil, satan) and sinned and now they were kicked out the garden. Now we all die because of sin. Now life is hard, we work, have pain and suffering. But God already promised he would save them. That's why God gave Adam & Eve clothes made from animal skin and He took away the clothes they made themselves from plant leaves...)

[b]4. A new beginning.[/b] (We talked about Noah's ark & God's holiness. God hates sin. But also like God saved Noah from the flood. So Jesus also saves Christians today from their sin, the devil, and hell. God promised never to flood the earth again and gave the rainbow. However, Jesus is coming again to judge the world and this world will be melted, and Christians look forward to a new world, the new heavens and new earth. (wherein righteousness dwells))

[b]5. A giant staircase to heaven.[/b] (We talked about the tower of babel and why there are so many languages spoken through the world today. We talked about how the Bible and its' people did not speak english! We had some fun demonstrating the various languages spoken among us (English (duh!), German, Spanish, Marshallese, Tagalog, and Korean were all demonstrated and it was fun! lol.) Most of all, we talked about how we cannot work our way to heaven by doing good things or building towers, but that God must COME DOWN to save us, and He does that in Jesus.)

[b]6. Son of Laughter.[/b] (We talked about God's promise to Abraham. That in him (his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, the chosen people, Israel, Christians...) all the nations of the earth would be blessed (because of Jesus). This was hard for old Abraham and Sarah to believe, but it was true... they had isaac, which means son of laughter...

[b]7. The present.[/b] (We talked about how Abraham sacrificed Isaac to God (in his heart), and he was about to do it, but God stopped him. It was a test. Abraham obeyed. And he believed that God would raise Isaac back up from the dead, but instead God provided the ram as a substitute, just like Jesus died instead of us, bearing our sin on the cross-- so the ram was sacrificed instead of Isaac and Isaac was saved.

[b]8. The girl no one wanted.[/b] (We talked about Jacob, Rachel, and Leah. God chose Leah to be blessed and be the one that the messiah would come from-- even though she was ugly and not the prettiest and not Jacob's favorite. God loved her. God's people don't need to be beautiful for God to love them. God loves ugly people and makes them beautiful.)

[b]9. The forgiving prince.[/b] (We talked about Joseph. He was favored by his father. His brothers were jealous and so they sold him into slavery. Joseph ended up telling the Pharaoh what his dreams meant, (with God's help, of course), and so he became a great prince in Egypt. Later there was a famine and Joseph's brothers came to Egypt. Joseph saw them and embraced them and loved them even though his brothers had done all the bad things to him... Even though they meant it for evil, God meant it for good. God is in control!)

[b]10 & 11. God to the rescue.[/b] (We talked about Moses, the burning bush, and the exodus over a period of two days. Moses turned aside to see the bush. We all must "turn aside to see", when God calls... God called moses to set his people free from slavery in Egypt. He went and told the Pharaoh to let my people go! ... after all the plagues..., he finally said OK GO. Then he changed his mind again and chased the Israelites... God opened the Red Sea and they all crossed safely, and not one of the pharaohs army survived. The kids love this story!)

[b]12. Ten ways to be perfect.[/b] (We talked about the ten commandments & law. We talked about how it is good and right, and I told them that if they want to be perfect, like God requires us to be, then we must keep all of these commandments and not break any of them, from the time we are born to the end of our lives. One kid replied, "But that's impossible!!!" "Yes, RIGHT. I said, and that is why we must all be saved..." from there I briefly talked about that's why Jesus came and died, and the reason we all must turn to Him to be forgiven for our sins, and then He will also help us to keep the commandments and be holy.)

[b]13. The warrior leader.[/b] (We talked about Joshua and the walls of Jericho. This day was a brutal day. I do not know why, but the kids were very disrespectful. They did not listen during the story and were disobedient to workers and volunteers all day long at the afterschool program. A friend of mine who works at the boys and girls club also said the kids were "terrible" that same day. It was strange. We talked about how Israel was entering the promised the land, but they didn't have to fight, only they had to walk, and God would fight for them.)

[b]14. The teeny weenie... true king[/b] (We talked about David and the story of when Samuel annointed him. The kids were much better listening and enjoyed the story this day... We talked about how God was getting his people ready for an even greater King who was coming. (Jesus!))

[b]15. The young hero and the horrible giant.[/b] (David and Goliath! This one was their favorite. David was small, but God used him to do a mighty thing and made him a hero. And all he needed was a rock and a sling because God was with him... But one day God would send his people another young hero to fight for them. And to save them. But this hero would fight the greatest battle the world has ever known... Who would this be? ... they guessed it. Jesus.)

2009/5/13 23:59Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

[b]After School Program Week In Review (3/30 - 4/03)[/b]

[b]FRIDAY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM PREACHING:[/b]
[i][Friday's are always the highlight of our week...][/i]

First we distributed the Jesus Storybook Bibles to the kids. (Ages 7-10.) We will continue to distribute them on Friday's so that those who were absent will get their own Storybook in the future... We wrote their names in the front of the books, and they were all happy and said they would read it! :-)

Second we walked the kids into the library, and we watched the scene from the Jesus Movie when the sinful woman anointed Jesus' feet with alabaster oil, tears, and wiped His feet with her hair. I told the kids that she loves him so much because she was forgiven so much, but the kids still had a lot of unanswered questions.

Third we walked back into the main room and sat down with the new Jesus Storybook Bible's and we all turned the pages to the same story that we just watched on the Movie Screen. Now we read the story together, out loud. They were starting to understand more about what and why it was happening, but there was still much to be realized.

We explained how their story Bible's are re-written in story language that is easy to understand, and how it comes from our Holy Bibles... We told them that one day, we pray and hope they will also read the full version of the stories from the Holy Bible like we do. However, I also admitted to them that I LIKE their storybook Bible's and I often sneak a peak into my story book Bible so that I can look at the pictures, too! (They laughed.)

Lastly, Stephan and I read the same passage from the Gospel of Luke (ESV) out loud to the kids. After we prayed for the right words and that we would all have understanding from God, Stephan was first up. He summarized the story and spoke on the main points. He asked if we were "ever so happy to see somebody that you cried?" Well we should feel that way, too, especially about Jesus.

I was up next, for round two... I dialogued with the kids and we talked out loud through the entire story. (In getting them to explain it back to me, it is my prayer that God will give them understanding and also future remembrance of the story.) I also asked the kids, "What is the correct way to meet a king?" I demonstrated the answer as I prostrated myself on the ground before them. "Knees bowed, Face-down, in the dirt-- that's how we meet a king." As I got up I showed the kids the picture of the woman doing the same thing in the storybook Bible. Then I preached to them how Jesus is the KING OF KINGS. I also preached on how there are two groups of people in this story. There is the woman, who WASTED the precious perfume and there was the group of people who complained that she should not have wasted it, but they did not realize who Jesus was-- the KING OF KINGS. I explained in simple terms and great detail how if they do not see themselves as being like the sinful woman, then they missed the point and DO NOT UNDERSTAND the story. (This suprised the kids.) I preached that we all are either going to be like the woman who worshiped Jesus, and wasted her life for Jesus, giving him everything (our hearts, our thoughts, our time, our money, everything we care about...) -- or we will be like the men who complained and did not worship Jesus. Then I challenged the kids... I told them that people are going to ask them, "Why should you waste your life for Jesus, for God that you cannot even see!?" I made them think, "What are you going to say to those people?" ... (They did not know) ... With a big smile we preached, "BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT!" ... Towards the end a few kids had some questions, like "When is Jesus coming back?" "SOON. We replied, but the Bible says that nobody knows the day or the hour. So we must BE READY." Then we explained what we all must do to be ready for when Jesus comes back... At the end of the message, I begged the kids to live only for Jesus and to be like the woman we preached about. In closing we led a simple, yet serious, prayer-- I encouraged the kids to pray with me if they really meant it. It was a simple and slow, but very deep prayer of thankfulness and plea for forgiveness of sins and salvation.

"AMEN."

That very next minute the first parent walked into the room to pick up her child. It was perfect timing, as it is always frustrating when parents come in and take their children home before the end of the message or when they come and interrupt the meeting. The kids were very happy to carry their own Jesus Storybook Bible's out the door as the went home today!

Well, it was a great day today. I really believe some of these young kids are starting to "get it!" Thank God. Amen.

[b]DAILY (MON-FRI) SNACK TIME BIBLE LESSONS:[/b]
[b]Monday's Story:[/b]
Psalm 23. The Lord is my Shepherd...
We read the story from the Jesus Story Book Bible and we talked about how if we are saved by Jesus, then we are God's sheep and Jesus is our Good Shepherd. Then we talked about how great it is that God is our Shepherd and about the various roles He plays in our lives. After the closing prayer, one child was able to quote the entire Psalm 23 for all of us to hear. It was powerful.

[b]Tuesday's Story:[/b]
A little servant girl and the proud general. We talked about Namaan from 2 Kings 5. Namaan had leprosy and God used a little slave girl and Elisha to heal him. Elisha tells him to go wash in the river to be healed. He did it and was healed by God, (not the river!) We read about how we have a sinful, diseased heart-- which is worse than outward leprosy. And how God can cleanse us of that, too! ([i]note to self: I wish I would have talked more about our inward sin-problem and the cleansing work of Christ...! Help me God[/i].) ALSO: We watched the Chronicles of Narnia for the second time.

[b]Wednesday Story:[/b]
Operation: "No More Tears!" We talked about Isaiah and how he wrote a book of the Bible. We talked about his message that we all like sheep have gone astray. We illustrated this using an art picture that we drew during art time. We also illustrated it with many examples such as the question, "how many of you have ever had a pet cat or dog that ran away from home? Well,
like that, we all have run away from God..." And the whole message climaxed at how Jesus is the Good Shepherd and how he came to seek and save those who were lost. We all must go to Jesus to be forgiven of the leprosy, disease, SIN which is in our hearts, and Jesus will cleanse our hearts, too. The kids really enjoyed the story and were hanging on to every word which was
spoken.

[i][Side note: We are beginning to see more fruit (possibly?)... One child brought some printed papers that he made on the computer at school this earlier in the day. It was an acrostic poem based on the words "SPRING" and for "S" he used Shepherd (the Lord is our shepherd) and for "G" he wrote "God is great." He also had typed out on another paper, "Obey God." This particular boy did not come running in showing his completed papers to us, we found it laying around later... So it appears he did not even have a hidden motive to impress us, but that he simply did part of his homework about God, on his own, regardless of what others think!][/i]

[b]Thursday Story[/b]:
Daniel and the scary sleepover (lion's den)... The kids LOVED this story. It was their favorite one so far. They were laughing, smiling, and empathising with Daniel throughout the entire story. We related how it would be wrong for Daniel to pray to King Darious, and it would be like us praying to Obama-- all the kids agreed. Darious was crazy and we should only pray to Jesus, the KING OF KINGS. We also talked about prayer and how important it is. After the story all of the kids were clapping! (unusual!)... Also, after the closing prayer, one of the girls looked up at me with an excited smile and said, "I just prayed ALL BY MYSELF at the same you did!" Lol! Praise God! It is so amazing to see kids get excited about stories that are from the BIBLE. (Assuming the Lord genuinely works in the hearts' of these kids, God is going to do some amazing things through
these kids!) I hope the Lord raises up a new generation of missionaries and godly men and women from this poor area within the small town of Coos Bay, Oregon!

[b]Friday Story:[/b]
God's Messenger. During snack we talked about Jonah. We talked about how God told him to go to Ninevah and tell the people to repent. Jonah said no and disobeyed. God sent a storm and he ended up in the belly of a big fish for THREE DAYS. Then Jonah repented while he was in the belly of the big fish, and so God had the whale spit him back up on the dry land. Then Jonah went and preached the gospel to the people. Not only did they enjoy a fun story, but we also talked about how this is a just like how Jesus died, and his body was in the grave for three days, then he came back to life. We also talked about how when God tells us to do something, (like, for example, to tell our friends about Jesus... and we are scared...) we must obey, otherwise God may just do something like he did to Jonah. So we should obey the first time!

2009/5/14 0:00Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

Follow-up from yesterday:

Today Jeremy came and visited me at the after-school program! It was amazing and God is so good. We talked for quite a while. I told him a lot about my life and some stories of what God's been doing in my life over the last couple years. He also talked to me about his school situation. We had a good time. When he left I gave him some ice cream and offered him a Bible, but he said he already had a Bible... I also offered to take him to a Christian rock concert that some friends of mine were going to tonight, but he already had plans to go to another local church's youth group, so... I have no complaints there! Interesting, to say the least...

Keep praying for Jeremy!

2009/5/14 0:01Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

[i][Fridays are always the highlight of our week...][/i]

First we distributed the Jesus Storybook Bibles to the kids. (Ages 7-10.) We will continue to distribute them on Fridays so that those who were absent will get their own Storybook in the future... We wrote their names in the front of the books, and they were all happy and said they would read it! :-)

Second we walked the kids into the library, and we watched the scene from the Jesus Movie when the sinful woman anointed Jesus' feet with alabaster oil, tears, and wiped His feet with her hair. I told the kids that she loves him so much because she was forgiven so much, but the kids still had a lot of unanswered questions.

Third we walked back into the main room and sat down with the new Jesus Storybook Bible's and we all turned the pages to the same story that we just watched on the Movie Screen. Now we read the story together, out loud. They were starting to understand more about what and why it was happening, but there was still much to be realized.

We explained how their story Bible's are re-written in story language that is easy to understand, and how it comes from our Holy Bibles... We told them that one day, we pray and hope they will also read the full version of the stories from the Holy Bible like we do. However, I also admitted to them that I LIKE their storybook Bible's and I often sneak a peak into my story book Bible so that I can look at the pictures, too! (They laughed.)

Lastly, Stephan and I read the same passage from the Gospel of Luke (ESV) out loud to the kids. After we prayed for the right words and understathat we would all have understanding from God. Stephan was first up. He summarized the story and spoke on the main points. He asked if we were "ever so happy to see somebody that you cried?" Well we should feel that way, too, especially about Jesus.

I was up next, for round two... I dialogued with the kids and we talked out loud through the entire story. (In getting them to explain it back to me, it is my prayer that God will give them understanding and also future remembrance of the story.) I also asked the kids, "What is the correct way to meet a king?" I demonstrated the answer as I prostrated myself on the ground before them. "Knees bowed, Face-down, in the dirt-- that's how we meet a king." As I got up I showed the kids the picture of the woman doing the same thing in the storybook Bible. Then I preached to them how Jesus is the KING OF KINGS. I also preached on how there are two groups of people in this story. There is the woman, who WASTED the precious perfume and there was the group of people who complained that she should not have wasted it, but they did not realize who Jesus was-- the KING OF KINGS. I explained in simple terms and great detail how if they do not see themselves as being like the sinful woman, then they missed the point and DO NOT UNDERSTAND the story. (This suprised the kids.) I preached that we all are either going to be like the woman who worshiped Jesus, and wasted her life for Jesus, giving him everything (our hearts, our thoughts, our time, our money, everything we care about...) -- or we will be like the men who complained and did not worship Jesus. Then I challenged the kids... I told them that people are going to ask them, "Why should you waste your life for Jesus, for God that you cannot even see!?" I made them think, "What are you going to say to those people?" ... (They did not know) ... With a big smile we preached, "BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT!" ... Towards the end a few kids had some questions, like "When is Jesus coming back?" "SOON. We replied, but the Bible says that nobody knows the day or the hour. So we must BE READY." Then we explained what we all must do to be ready for when Jesus comes back... At the end of the message, I
begged the kids to live only for Jesus and to be like the woman we preached about. In closing we led a simple, yet serious, prayer-- I encouraged the kids to pray with me if they really meant it. It was a simple and slow, but very deep prayer of thankfulness and plea for forgiveness of sins and salvation. During the prayer, several of the kids got off of their chairs, and bowed down on both knees, face down to the ground-- they did this on their own, without my own instruction. PRAISE JESUS!

"AMEN."

That very next minute the first parent walked into the room to pick up her child. It was perfect timing, as it is always frustrating when parents come in and take their children home before the end of the message or when they come and interrupt the meeting. The kids were very happy to carry their own Jesus Storybook Bible's out the door as the went home today!

Well, it was a great day today. I really believe some of these young kids are starting to "get it!" Thank God. Amen.

We read the story from the Jesus Story Book Bible and we talked about how if we are saved by Jesus, then we are God's sheep and Jesus is our Good Shepherd. Then we talked about how great it is that God is our Shepherd and about the various roles He plays in our lives. After the closing prayer, one child was able to quote the entire Psalm 23 for all of us to hear. It was powerful.

A little servant girl and the proud general. We talked about Namaan from 2 Kings 5. Namaan had leprosy and God used a little slave girl and Elisha to heal him. Elisha tells him to go wash in the river to be healed. He did it and was healed by God, (not the river!) We read about how we have a sinful, diseased heart-- which is worse than outward leprosy. And how God can cleanse us of that, too! ([i]note to self: I wish I would have talked more about our inward sin-problem and the cleansing work of Christ...! Help me God[/i].) ALSO: We watched the Chronicles of Narnia for the second time.

Operation: "No More Tears!" We talked about Isaiah and how he wrote a book of the Bible. We talked about his message that we all like sheep have gone astray. We illustrated this using an art picture that we drew during art time. We also illustrated it with many examples such as the question, "how many of you have ever had a pet cat or dog that ran away from home? Well,
like that, we all have run away from God..." And the whole message climaxed at how Jesus is the Good Shepherd and how he came to seek and save those who were lost. We all must go to Jesus to be forgiven of the leprosy, disease, SIN which is in our hearts, and Jesus will cleanse our hearts, too. The kids really enjoyed the story and were hanging on to every word which was
spoken.

[i][Side note: We are beginning to see more fruit (possibly?)... One child brought some printed papers that he made on the computer at school this earlier in the day. It was an acrostic poem based on the words "SPRING" and for "S" he used Shepherd (the Lord is our shepherd) and for "G" he wrote "God is great." He also had typed out on another paper, "Obey God." This particular boy did not come running in showing his completed papers to us, we found it laying around later... So it appears he did not even have a hidden motive to impress us, but that he simply did part of his homework about God, on his own, regardless of what others think!][/i]

[b]Thursday Story[/b]:
Daniel and the scary sleepover (lion's den)... The kids LOVED this story. It was their favorite one so far. They were laughing, smiling, and empathising with Daniel throughout the entire story. We related how it would be wrong for Daniel to pray to King Darious, and it would be like us praying to Obama-- all the kids agreed. Darious was crazy and we should only pray to Jesus, the KING OF KINGS. We also talked about prayer and how important it is. After the story all of the kids were clapping! (unusual!)... Also, after the closing prayer, one of the girls looked up at me with an excited smile and said, "I just prayed ALL BY MYSELF at the same you did!" Lol! Praise God! It is so amazing to see kids get excited about stories that are from the BIBLE. (Assuming the Lord genuinely works in the hearts' of these kids, God is going to do some amazing things through
these kids!) I hope the Lord raises up a new generation of missionaries and godly men and women from this poor area within the small town of Coos Bay, Oregon!

God's Messenger. During snack we talked about Jonah. We talked about how God told him to go to Ninevah and tell the people to repent. Jonah said no and disobeyed. God sent a storm and he ended up in the belly of a big fish for THREE DAYS. Then Jonah repented while he was in the belly of the big fish, and so God had the whale spit him back up on the dry land. Then Jonah went and preached the gospel to the people. Not only did they enjoy a fun story, but we also talked about how this is a just like how Jesus died, and his body was in the grave for three days, then he came back to life. We also talked about how when God tells us to do something, (like, for example, to tell our friends about Jesus... and we are scared...) we must obey, otherwise God may just do something like he did to Jonah. So we should obey the first time!

yoadam

OREGON

Re:

[i][Fridays are always the highlight of our week...][/i]

First we distributed the Jesus Storybook Bibles to the kids. (Ages 7-10.) We will continue to distribute them on Fridays so that those who were absent will get their own Storybook in the future... We wrote their names in the front of the books, and they were all happy and said they would read it! :-)

Lastly, Stephan and I read the same passage from the Gospel of Luke (ESV) out loud to the kids. After we prayed for the right words and understathat we would all have understanding from God. Stephan was first up. He summarized the story and spoke on the main points. He asked if we were "ever so happy to see somebody that you cried?" Well we should feel that way, too, especially about Jesus.

I was up next, for round two... I dialogued with the kids and we talked out loud through the entire story. (In getting them to explain it back to me, it is my prayer that God will give them understanding and also future remembrance of the story.) I also asked the kids, "What is the correct way to meet a king?" I demonstrated the answer as I prostrated myself on the ground before them. "Knees bowed, Face-down, in the dirt-- that's how we meet a king." As I got up I showed the kids the picture of the woman doing the same thing in the storybook Bible. Then I preached to them how Jesus is the KING OF KINGS. I also preached on how there are two groups of people in this story. There is the woman, who WASTED the precious perfume and there was the group of people who complained that she should not have wasted it, but they did not realize who Jesus was-- the KING OF KINGS. I explained in simple terms and great detail how if they do not see themselves as being like the sinful woman, then they missed the point and DO NOT UNDERSTAND the story. (This suprised the kids.) I preached that we all are either going to be like the woman who worshiped Jesus, and wasted her life for Jesus, giving him everything (our hearts, our thoughts, our time, our money, everything we care about...) -- or we will be like the men who complained and did not worship Jesus. Then I challenged the kids... I told them that people are going to ask them, "Why should you waste your life for Jesus, for God that you cannot even see!?" I made them think, "What are you going to say to those people?" ... (They did not know) ... With a big smile we preached, "BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT!" ... Towards the end a few kids had some questions, like "When is Jesus coming back?" "SOON. We replied, but the Bible says that nobody knows the day or the hour. So we must BE READY." Then we explained what we all must do to be ready for when Jesus comes back... At the end of the message, I
begged the kids to live only for Jesus and to be like the woman we preached about. In closing we led a simple, yet serious, prayer-- I encouraged the kids to pray with me if they really meant it. It was a simple and slow, but very deep prayer of thankfulness and plea for forgiveness of sins and salvation. During the prayer, several of the kids got off of their chairs, and bowed down on both knees, face down to the ground-- they did this on their own, without my own instruction. PRAISE JESUS!

"AMEN."

spoken.

[b]Thursday Story[/b]:

yoadam

OREGON

Re:

15 My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation all the day,
for their number is past my knowledge.
16 With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.
17 O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
18 So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.
-Psa. 71:15-18

I think ministry to the children is sorely neglected! And I hope that people who read this blog will get ideas to do in their own communities. The state of our youth today is horrible..! Sometimes I can't help but fall down to my knees and weep for these kids... So many of the kids live in broken homes, and they do not even see their parents except for more than a few hours in the evenings when their parents are home from work-- tired, and cranky! And to top it all off-- the State is raising our kids! They are in large a godless and idolatrous generation that does not know the stories of God and what He has done, and much less to actually [i]know[/i] our God personally. The state of our public schools is pathetic, with education being dumbed down, and the (so-called) removal of God from our schools-- which means the teachers are only dispensing knowledge and facts, like a vending machine, [i]without moral application[/i]. Since they have left God out of education, by logic they must leave moral application out-- which makes learning pointless, and so the schools are able to talk about all of the problems of society, but have no solution-- hence the drop-outs and kids who think "school is dumb!" This all leads up to a shocking condition of lawlessness among the kids. "Right" and "wrong" is defined by personal happiness, not God's Word-- resulting in a bunch of rebellious tyrants, to be the future of our self-destructing nation. [i]Our kids need a right theology of God and a God-centered philosophy and world-view to be the foundation of all education.[/i]

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if this mess is a judgment of God upon our nation? I suppose the subject is beyond the scope of this blog, but I would say our nation is the biggest sin factory in the world, we even make other godless nations blush-- yet we have no shame. Now I don't think we were a chosen nation like Israel was, but we did have much light from God-- even our public schools were originally Christian schools, teaching from Bible. And the main purpose of our "ivory league" universities was once for the raising up of ministers. I'm praying for God to raise up a remnant of Christian youth with a faith like Daniel had amidst the empire.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
-Pro. 1:7

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
-Pro. 9:10

yoadam

OREGON

Re:

[b]After School Program Week In Review (4/06 - 4/10)

THURSDAY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM PREACHING:[/b]
Before preaching, we distributed 7 more Jesus Storybook's to the kids, which means that we have distributed a total of 14 so far to our regular children that come weekly. We still have a few regulars who have missed the last two weekly preaches, so hopefully we will distribute those next week! :-)

Thursday was extremely challenging as the kids were excited about the 4-day weekend coming up, easter Sunday (w/ lots of candy), and a family fun night at school that same night. It was impossible to get the kids to keep still, but that's ok-- I was just trying to keep them engaged. I find that the two most important things that must be done while evangelizing kids are 1. [i]Keep it simple and understandable.[/i] (This is why blues clues is such a popular TV show with kids-- they understand it. While adults are hopelessly bored to death with blues clues, the kids love, and can even watch reruns over and over again...) And 2. [i]Fast transitions[/i]. (Many kids have a short attention span, and are used to going quickly from one organized thing to another, and when you lose the kids' attention during a transition, it is difficult to regain their attention.) The first point has caused me much grief and heartache before God-- it is always a challenge to keep the gospel simple and understandable without watering it down! The biggest challenge was that Stephan, my preaching parter with whom I tag team, was not able to come today. But God's grace was sufficient!

We started out with prayer.

First we talked about Easter. I asked the kids to tell me the first things that they think of when I say, "Easter!" They said the usual, "Candy, Birds, Bunnies, Eggs, etc..." I explained to them how the true meaning of easter is the resurrection of Jesus. Many of them did not know what the word resurrection meant, so quickly I explained it and then had them repeat, "resurrection" out loud with me a couple of times.

The text for the day was from John 11,
[b]Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.[/b]

I told the kids, "You know, I'm going to tell you something true today that probably none of your teachers has told you before. But I'm going to tell you the truth. Are you ready?" Once I had all of the kids' attention, I dropped the line, "You're all going to die." Many of them were very surprised, an older girl was a shocked, but I told them, "I have to speak the truth to you kids, and this is very important. We are all going to die. I know one thing that I can absolutely prove to you all, and that is that 10 out 10 of you are all going to die."

"[b]BUT I HAVE HOPE![/b]", I told them...

I read the Bible Verse again and again, Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life."

"[b]JESUS CAME BACK TO LIFE![/b]"

"Did He?"
"Yes." They replied.

Then I explained how that [i]since Jesus came back to life, we can trust that even though we will die, that God will raise us back up from the grave, too.[/i] I repeated this point and tried to explain it to them in a variety of different ways until they understood the message.

I also explained how that one day the dead will be raised back to life-- those who believed in Jesus, and those who did not believe. I explained how we will all stand before God and we will be judged. Those who believed will be with Jesus forever, in the new heavens and the new earth; those who did not believe in Jesus will be in hell. "...Please don't go there." I said.

Lastly, I pulled out the Jesus Story Book Bible and read to them all of the stories about Jesus' arrest, crucifixion, death, burial, resurrection and ascension. This took about 15-20 minutes to complete. A few of them had trouble paying attention, but the majority loved the story. They even corrected the storybook by adding details at certain points ie. the spear that pierced Jesus.

Afterwards I asked the kids how many of them had [i]never[/i] heard the story before. About 3 or 4 hands went up! It was so exciting to me to be the first to present it-- what an honor!!! I thank God for this privilege often.

In conclusion I recapped the main points of the story and pleaded with them to believe and trust in Jesus so that they will live forever with Him.

[We also had a brief discussion about [i]"how do we know that the story of Jesus is true?"[/i] For the little ones I explained how it comes from the Bible-- and for those who were older I further explained how the Bible is not ONE book, but 66 very old books, from several different authors, all saying the same, truths about Jesus and knowing God. I explained that we have thousands of these ancient books and more books about Jesus than we even have about George Washington. I explained also that if the disciples of Jesus knew that the story was not true, then they would not have died for it, but history speaks of how they all died for believing in Jesus.]

Finally, we practiced what has been the scripture memorization over the last few weeks,
John 3
16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

The kids know the majority of it and a few have it completely memorized. The last verse is the hardest.

We gave the kids easter candy and then it was time to go home.

Before the new stories today, we briefly recapped the past 5 stories, (using pictures), to remind the children of the stories and lessons they have already learned.
Today we covered two stories, "Get Ready & "He's Here!"
From "Get Ready" we read about Ezra and Nehemiah, and how that once Israel been set free from slavery, again; they read the law of Moses to the people... We read about how this law shows us that we are all sinners and bad people, and we also read about how they threw a party for a week, to celebrate the wonderful things that God had done for his people.
From "He's Here" we talked about the Nativity and how God chose to enter the world through Mary. We talked about how she was a virgin and had not yet married Joseph, who was Jesus' dad. We talked about how the angel spoke to Mary to tell her what was happening and how the Holy Spirit (God) is the one who made Mary pregnant-- it was a miracle. We talked about how Joseph was righteous and was going to change his mind and not get married to Mary, but an angel explained the situation to him and so they still got married. We prayed and went outside to play freeze tag!

The Light of the Whole World & The King of All Kings. We reviewed yesterday's story, & covered the rest of the beginnings of Jesus' life-- the visiting shepherds and the later coming wise men... Afterwards we talked about how this is the story of GOD coming down to earth, to rescue His people. Jesus is the God-man, He is Immanuel, which means God with us. Jesus is God with skin on, yet he is still a real person! We briefly discussed BC and AD (Before Christ & In the Year of Our Lord) and simultaneously debunked "BCE and CE." ("Before common era" and "common era"-- it's an absolutely ridiculous teaching, and ironic that textbooks still divide history at the coming of Christ 2000 years ago-- they have only tried to remove Christ's name! We also talked about how Jesus was humble & poor, being practically born in a barn with animals.

[b]Wednesday's Story:[/b]
At snack time I had one of the kids pray. I wish you could have seen it-- she spontaneously prayed something like this, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this snack... Thank you for everybody here... I LOVE YOU! Amen." It was extremely cute and gushy while remaining extraordinarily genuine. Praise God.

While they were eating I had a "show & tell" with the kids. I showed them my foreign language Bible collection. I told them about how the Bible is the most popular book in the world because it is the only book we have that is from God. I explained how it is the most translated book the world and that people have died to read it and translate it for people to read in their own languages. I showed them the following translations: German, French, Spanish, Swahili, Marshallese, Russian, & Korean. The kids digged it and I hope they will come to realize how universal our faith is and how it is not merely a "white mans religion."

Further during snack we reviewed yesterday's story, and then we quized them on the true meanings of B.C. and A.D. (Let's just say they got an A+!) Then we talked about today's story, "Heaven breaks through." We told them about John the Baptist and his baptism of repenance, ending at the baptism of Jesus and dove falling upon Jesus with God's audible confirmation.

We prayed and then the girls had a special "sunbeams" class with a lady from our church who is training to become a teacher-- so as usual, the boys and I sat in the computer lab, ate corndogs, pie, and watched cartoons. We watched "God's Prisoner", the story of Richard Wurmbrand, founder of Voice of the Martyrs. Afterwards we talked a little bit about persecution. I handed them my Korean Bible and told them how if they were caught holding the Bible in North Korea they would most likely be arrested and put in prison! We talked about Wurmbrand's example of courage and standing strong in faith. Afterwards, we played with lego's and paper airplanes... I love this job!

[b]Thursday's Story:[/b]
The same girl prayed for snack time as on Wednesday. It was another cute, genuine prayer. We talked about how after Jesus was baptized, he went into the desert and was tempted by satan. We talked about fasting, prayer, and how Jesus said, "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God." Then we talked about how after Jesus left the desert, he went and chose his first followers to help him in the rescue plan. We talked about how the disciples were ordinary people just like us and we talked about how the disciples left everything they had and immediately followed Jesus. Afterwards we prayed.

[b]Friday's Story:[/b]
No School, No After-School Prog.

2009/5/14 0:02Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

[b]After School Program Week In Review (4/13 - 4/17)
THURSDAY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM PREACHING:[/b]
As the kids sat down in their chairs, Stephan and I walked into the room with a bucket of water and some towels and set it down in front of the pulpit. The kids knew somebody was going to get their feet washed and were interested in todays' message.

The kids were very goofy today and had a hard time focusing throughout the message. But I believe God was still able to get through to them. The minute before we started, a new, middle-school aged friend of mine walked into the room-- so I invited him to come in and sit down with us.

I stood behind the pulpit and we bowed our heads to pray and ask God for help.

As I read the story of when Jesus washed the disciples' feet from John chapter 14, I also explained each verse by verse using easy to understand language. The kids were following along quite nicely, I could tell by the looks on their faces that they understood what was happening.

Next I preached passionately about the good news of Jesus in that He died and rose again from the grave-- but He didn't die for no reason... Then I tried to explain substitutionary atonement, (of course I would never use those complicated terms with the kids...) Jesus died in our place. We all have sinned and deserve to punished, but Jesus was punished by God instead of us. I explained how the call is to repent and believe in the gospel. We all must stop running away from God and instead turn away from our sins and run back to God-- we must let Jesus forgive us for our sin. And we also must let Jesus clean our dirty, sinful hearts-- just like Jesus washed His disciples' feet. Now for those of us who believe in Jesus Christ as our savior and who believe in this good news, the gospel-- we are saved. We are not going to go to hell after we die. We are friends of God! This is good news! They agreed. Furthermore, Stephan explained how Jesus said that we also are to wash others' feet. He explained how as Christians we are called to be servants just like Jesus was. He then applied it and gave practical examples that we all can do. I also jumped in and explained how this teaching is the answer to all of the problems in the world! This really is good news!

Midway through the message, Stephan and I sat down and began to wash each others' feet in front of the kids. They thought it was really funny-- especially because my feet really did stink! As we washed each others' feet, Stephan and I talked about the message. We kept talking about the two concepts over and over again and gave lots of examples.

Finally, Stephan and I gave a final recap, then we prayed (...a couple of the kids voluntarily got down on their knees again...) and the kids were dismissed from the preaching area...

Afterwards, I had a good one on one conversation with the boy who came for the first time during the preaching today. I told him that some of my grandparents don't believe in God. He replied, "Yeah, neither does my Dad..." We talked about why some people say they don't believe in God, but the fact is that really they are just running from God because they don't want to be in trouble. I told him how it is like that if he were to punch a kid in the nose, the principal at school would come looking for him, then he would probably run and hide from the principal. But the fact is that God is love and He will forgive the sins of people who will come back to Him. I explained how just about everybody on the planet believes in God and atheists are a minority group. Then I briefly tried to explain how other religions are false, but we can trust in our God. I quoted how Jesus, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through Me." Then we played a game of monopoly. The boy was happy to go home with the very last Jesus Storybook Bible that we had. I also gave him an "adventure Bible." (Unfortunately NIV, but it was the only version I had...)

What a day!

God is good. All the time. Amen.

[b]DAILY (MON-FRI) SNACK TIME BIBLE LESSONS:
Monday's Story:[/b]
[i]No School, No After-School Program[/i]

Today we distributed four more Jesus Storybook Bibles and now we only have two left! That makes for a total of eighteen storybooks we have given away already. The kids were excited to have their own Jesus Storybooks. It's our hope and prayer that the Lord will use these books to build the spiritual foundation of Christ in the lives of these children! We wish it was as simple as giving a full-on "Holy Bible" to the children and that their parents would read and teach them from the Bible, but the harsh reality for the majority of our kids is that their parents are not Christians. The Bible is such a large and peculiar book that it even overwhelms many adults. And with all of that said, we still must regularly incorporate readings from the actual Holy Bible to our kids. We want to inductively introduce the Bible to the children, so that when they are more able to read at length with understanding, they then will hunger and crave to read the Word of God in entirety and purity (as opposed to a paraphrased storybook...)

Today's story was "A little girl and a poor frail lady." Specifically it was about Jairus' daughter that was raised from the dead and also the woman that reached out and touched Jesus to be healed. We read the stories from the Jesus storybook and then I quizzed the group of kids about the story and had them re-explain it back to me. The cool part about today was that one of our kids, (who has some minor learning disabilities), was answering the most questions and explaining the story in the group. After all of this I then taught them that we should be like the lady that reached out to Jesus. We can pray and and ask Jesus to help us with our problems just like the lady that touched Jesus and was healed. I also taught them that we should trust Jesus and believe that he really raised up Jairus' daughter back to life. Then I talked once again about the true meaning of easter. Finally, I linked the fact of Christ's resurrection to the fact that the Bible teaches that one day all Christians will be raised back to life and there will be new heavens and new earth full of righteousness. There will be no war, pain, suffering, sin, or death. It will be a completely new and amazing world. This is all because Jesus will be the King of it all. This resurrection is our hope. This teaching surprised a young girl who has been with our group over the last couple of weeks. "Really?" She said. It was cool! She smiled and I could tell thoughts were stirring inside of her head...

[b]Wednesday's Story:[/b]
There were about twenty kids today. The story was titled "How to pray." It was a paraphrase of Jesus' teaching's from the sermon on the mount & "The Lord's Prayer." We talked about how we must pray first of all because prayer is how we get to know God. We cannot know God apart from prayer. Prayer is extremely important. We also explained who the pharisees were, how their prayers were hypocritical, and we should not be like them when we pray. We strongly stressed that prayer is actually talking to our living God. Towards the end we took prayer requests. Finally, I had everybody bow their heads in prayer and we had a group prayer time. About six or seven kids all prayed a unique prayer of thanks or request to God in one way or another. I really believe that God is teaching many of our kids how to pray! It was really cool.

At the end of the day we gave away a Jesus Storybook. We gave it to a girl who comes from an anti-God, atheistic home. She was happy to receive it (and to have one just like her other best friends do.) This girl already has been here during one or two preaching events, and also has watched the Jesus movie for kids with us. Pray for her salvation and for the strengthening of her faith amidst the trials of her own family! Now we only have one Jesus Storybook left.

[b]Thursday's Story:[/b]
On Thursday we read "The Servant King." We read and talked about the time when Jesus washed his disciples' feet and taught them also to do the same for each other. I explained the message from the storybook with a two-fold meaning. 1. Jesus washed the disciples' feet. He does this for all of us who come to Him. Those who come to Jesus He will forgive sins and cleans up sinful hearts. 2. We as Christians must follow Jesus' example and do the same thing for other people-- not only by washing each other's feet, but also by doing acts of serving. After this we prayed and then we had the kids move out of the snack area and into the preaching area... (See above.)

[b]Friday's Story:[/b]
[i]Stephan is leading Today. I will be out of town and unable to update this blog for a few days. I will post a summary of what took place at a later date.[/i]

2009/5/14 0:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy