Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Moses, a type of Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Intense, you certainly can.

But if you want to demonstrate that you have the grace to teach others and talk about what it is you are talking about, put your sword away, stop defending yourself and act like you have the wisdom that you want to portray.

But I only defend myself when attacked. That is what defending means last time I looked.

And wisdom what, you say? Except for your insult, You aren't being very clear about what it is you are trying to convey here.

2009/5/10 19:43

Re:

Hello ceedub,

My 2c = Numbers 20:12 - unbelief.

What you said about covenant types is also true, and the answer to whether Moses sin was not imputed to him by God is, surely, because he was on the Mount of Transfiguration with Elijah.

2009/5/11 0:44

Re: "Intense" Ken

Rather than further sully threads, may I quote Paul from his epistle to the Philippians?

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind."

Brother, and I say this in love, I feel like you're "trolling", meaning you forward a question, knowing full well what your "opinion" is, then when others "feed" into that question, you eviscerate them, or as you say "defend" yourself. Time is too short, for the love of God, please....stop.

let me just continue with this bit of Scripture from Paul:

"Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Philippians 2:3(above is Philippians 2:1-2)

Brother, you, of course, have the liberty and freedom to your "opinion", and you have the freedom to state it on this cyber forum, but in the end, you might whip yourself up into such a religious froth, that wisdom and love IN Christ flees from you, and you'll probably get bounced. I speak from experience, as I have let my emotions get the better of me.

Do I agree with every brother or sister who posts on this forum? No. But what I do is count them more "significant" than myself, which is the essence of "dying to self", which I'm sure you know, so I entreat you, in all humility, walk it then, be sweet in the Lord, dont be "intense" Brother Ken. It will only lead to confusion, contention and reproach. The time is too short for all that.

I pray you recieve my short missive in the love of Christ, as not a rebuke, but an exhortation to a Higher Standard. We are all working out our own salvation's with fear and trembling.

In Jesus love, neil

2009/5/11 7:31

Re:

[color=000000]

Quote:
Natan4Jesus wrote: Rather than further sully threads, may I quote Paul from his epistle to the Philippians?

"Sully" threads? How arrogant. Does the discussion of Son-ship/Joint-heir-ship in the Father disturb you that badly to label this thread as such?
Quote:
"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind."

That indeed, is my ambition. Where are you?
Quote:
Brother, and I say this in love, I feel like you're "trolling", meaning you forward a question, knowing full well what your "opinion" is, then when others "feed" into that question, you eviscerate them, or as you say "defend" yourself. Time is too short, for the love of God, please....stop.

I don't see the love in that remark but rather further disagreement with my "opinion", using a different approach.
Quote:
let me just continue with this bit of Scripture from Paul: "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Philippians 2:3(above is Philippians 2:1-2)

Rivalry? Conceit? And where do you get off believing I don't count others more significant than myself? How do you arrive at such a condescending "opinion"? Does my knowledge of the Bible, centered in our privilege of son-ship in the Father, offend you that much?
Quote:
Brother, you, of course, have the liberty and freedom to your "opinion", and you have the freedom to state it on this cyber forum, but in the end, you might whip yourself up into such a religious froth, that wisdom and love IN Christ flees from you, and you'll probably get bounced. I speak from experience, as I have let my emotions get the better of me.

There is no "religious froth" whatsoever, in me that it might ever come from me. Religion is not what I am about, son-ship in Christ, is. I do my best to be understood along that line. All I have so far encountered is the mindset of tradition bound justification-sanctification only thinkers, fearful no doubt of embracing anything of the word beyond that for fear of it being a works centered salvation message that will be taking into themselves.. It is not and I say this for their benefit.
Quote:
Do I agree with every brother or sister who posts on this forum? No. But what I do is count them more "significant" than myself, which is the essence of "dying to self", which I'm sure you know, so I entreat you, in all humility, walk it then, be sweet in the Lord, dont be "intense" Brother Ken. It will only lead to confusion, contention and reproach. The time is too short for all that.

Then why are you not writing this to me in PM session instead of broadcasting to the world your "personal uplifting feelings"?
Quote:
I pray you recieve my short missive in the love of Christ, as not a rebuke, but an exhortation to a Higher Standard. We are all working out our own salvation's with fear and trembling.

I don't receive it as that anymore than you have received the scriptures I have put forth that speak of Son-ship/Joint-heir-ship in Christ.. . In summary: My salvation is secure in the Lord. I believe everyone else here has the same security, who can claim His Name. That is between them and God. I never have questioned one's sincerity in that. Salvation, however, is not an issue in these discussions with me as some seem to refuse to believe otherwise, Son-ship is. Jesus' son-ship in the Father is my role model. He must be seen as man for that to be possible. Because of His success, He became, was made, the Captain of my salvation and of the new birth in me that has generated my love to the Father. By His Grace, I have entered into the process of becoming a son. Per His commission, I am being diligent in the Lord in my attempt to convey that process as the will of God for everyone who claims His Name, to anyone who will hear it in the camp, per the command of the Lord. Thank you.

"Therefore leaving aside the elementary teaching of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, . . . And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:1-3,11-12 (KJV) [/color]

2009/5/11 9:06
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Ken, I'm sorry that something that I wrote to you was insulting. Please write to me if you would like to discuss it.

Ken, may I please ask you to consider what Neil wrote to you?

"Does my knowledge of the Bible, centered in our privilege of son-ship in the Father, offend you that much?"

Ken, I don't think anyone is offended by whatever knowledge you have. It is the way you are conducting yourself in your responses to others.

Please at least consider that three people have said something to you now.

Thank you very much for your time,

Chris

2009/5/11 18:19Profile

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Hi everyone,

Ken, I'm sorry that something that I wrote to you was insulting. Please write to me if you would like to discuss it.

Ken, may I please ask you to consider what Neil wrote to you?

"Does my knowledge of the Bible, centered in our privilege of son-ship in the Father, offend you that much?"

Ken, I don't think anyone is offended by whatever knowledge you have. It is the way you are conducting yourself in your responses to others.

Please at least consider that three people have said something to you now.

Thank you very much for your time,

Chris

Oh, I do consider it very much. I also consider the motivation behind why anyone would take offence when none has been given. I find no reason for folk to take offence with someone's teaching other than their biasness against teaching that hints of being more or something added to, what they already believe is the complete message of the scriptures; against the doctrine of justification/sanctification. Many Christians of tradition give no thought to the subject of Joint-heir-ship with Christ, assuming it to be an automatic simply by claimig Christ as Savior. I know the scriptures speak otherwise. That isn't received very well by those who won't take the time to walk it out, perhaps fearing it might require more than attending church on Sunday morning.. I don't know. It is a puzzle to me.

I don't care if you are Catholic or a Baptist. I don't ask. I am always objective when discussing the scriptures. I expect everyone is until something as this happens. I have not written anything that should be taken as a personal affront to anyone. So what else can it be, unless you can point to something I have overlooked? Certainly, if I have offended, apologies from me should be called for. Perhaps you have some particulars you can point me to? . . :-(

2009/5/11 19:26
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Intense,

You wouldn't be Ken Hepting of Ormly fame would you?

Much the same focus on sonship teachings and much the same modus operandi in communicating on this forum.

Ron

2009/5/11 20:29Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Intense,

You wouldn't be Ken Hepting of Ormly fame would you?

Much the same focus on sonship teachings and much the same modus operandi in communicating on this forum.

Ron

I have to say I was wondering the exact same thing?

MJ

2009/5/11 20:42Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your reply.

About this,

Quote:
I have not written anything that should be taken as a personal affront to anyone. So what else can it be, unless you can point to something I have overlooked?

Initially, for myself, I asked that you consider what was suggested to you by someone else, that you were not being clear and also that there may be young people reading what you are writting, this is what I said in particular:

"When someone is asking you to consider that the way you are expressing yourself is unclear, we can demonstrate that we too have grace, and take heed to them."

I also asked you, for my own personal reasons, to consider if you had the grace from God to communicate what it is you are putting forward.

To this, you responded by saying:

Quote:
Sure. Where have I been disrepectful?

And I asked you why you asked this, when no one said anything about being [b]disrespectful[/b]? That was strange.

Then I asked if you would slow down, and think over what had been said, and you replied by asking if others would do the same for you.

This, to me, seems like a very self-serving thing to ask in the face of being asked by someone else to show humility and carefullness of thought and for others.

And that is why I wrote to you afterwards, about demonstrating [b]that you personally have[/b] have the wisdom that you seem to be putting forward in this thread, that is, the self-less character and mind of Christ, by yeilding the right to defend yourself and prefering others instead.

After this you suggested to me that I insulted you, and that you only defend yourself when you are attacked.

Afterwards, what I found the most disturbing is your response to Neil.

In one sentence you said,

Quote:
And where do you get off believing I don't count others more significant than myself? How do you arrive at such a condescending "opinion"?

and then after that

Quote:
All I have so far encountered is the mindset of tradition bound justification-sanctification only thinkers, fearful no doubt of embracing anything of the word beyond that for fear of it being a works centered salvation message that will be taking into themselves.. It is not and I say this for their benefit.

The self-contradiction between these two statements is astounding.(EDIT: I shouldn't say this as it is worded here. Please forgive this.)

Thank you Ken for your time.

2009/5/11 21:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy