SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian rock music....?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

But I mean was it necessary within the context of what I was saying?

2011/9/13 7:47Profile

Re:

"But I mean was it necessary within the context of what I was saying?"

I didn't think so. *Adjusts eye-patch*

2011/9/13 7:59
Elibeth

Re:

Jenny Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to help,with the artical by Watchman Nee.

In the meantime, I came accross the book` The Latent Power of the Soul,
by him.

Concerning the Forum here:
Hebrews 4:12says `For the WORD of God is Living, and Powerful,
and Sharper than any to-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing
asunder of Soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a Discerner of the Thoughts and intents of the Heart.

Should we NOT be SURE..It is not our SOUL trying to control.. ..lead ..direct us and NOT the Lord`s Spirit ? Is there a necesity ?

Oh and ,by the way Jenny, I really appreciated the little artical you put in:
`Respect Transforms Marriage'
' ...I was able to pass that on ..Thank you,

Thank You Lord for this Most Beautiful day here that You have given US,

Elizabeth

2011/9/13 10:24Profile
Sree

Re:

Elizabeth,

You bought a good point. The word of God pierces our soul and hits our spirit. Only God's word has the power. No Music can do it. So people saying I am getting motivated by music are those who serve Lord by Soul and not spirit. It is not wrong or sin to be emotional (soulish) but it is not what God intended us to be. God has given us a Holy spirit to serve him with all our heart (spirit). A Soulish person who is insipred by music is like one who constructs his house on mud, though it appears like it is standing it will fall when it faces heavy winds. A spiritual Christain will build his house using God's word alone that will pierce deep into his soul to form a strong foundation on the Spirit. This house will last for ever.

I personally feel modern day music (rock music) has turned young people ( am also young only 28) to this cheap emotional Christianity. Great men of God like Brother Zac has seen this and are advising us not to fall for such music. There are people in this thread who just hear these men and follow them without asking any question and blessed are they. But there are also people who want to validate these advice and question them. I pray that they will soon understand the truth that the elders are saying and see an evidence of their own house being weak because of this cheap modern day Christianity.

For those who want to argue that music can also turn my spirit towards God, if it is true, then why did God give us Holy Spirit? He could have given us holy music.
By music I mean the heavy metals and sounds made by musical instruments.
In short I personally believe that musical instrument in a Godly song should be to glorify the lyrics and not to dominate the lyrics and the lyrics is to glorify God. If you find a Godly song dominated by heavy musical instrument then it is not serving the primary purpose.

2011/9/13 11:23Profile

Re:

I simply see all this as a matter of personal taste. Can music honor flesh? Yes! ANY kind of music can do that... just like a man can write a book about God and have completely fleshly motives such as to make money. But we dont throw out all books.

There are preachers who preach because they love the spotlight. Think about it; a popular preacher stands in front of 600 people and says something that evokes an applause... do you not think there is a strong temptation for that man to enjoy it? He's not human if he doesnt feel that.

Are there issues with contemporary Christian music? Absolutely! I've addressed them on this forum for years. But I am still not convinced it's the style.

Southern Gospel for example... most here would not really take exception to that style, yet it is full of people who are drunkards, adulterers, divorced (unrepentant), etc. There is a lot of showmanship (hey look at me) in Southern Gospel.

The ironic thing is that many people will rant about the evil of Christian rock, and then turn around and listen to these very same people I just described.

Of course there are some tremendous believers in Southern Gospel... but there are also some tremendous believers in Christian rock too... I know some of them.

If someone can live a consistant Christian walk, love the Lord with all their heart... and listen to Christian rock... leave them alone.

In everything you do, do it as unto to the Lord.

Period.

Krispy

2011/9/13 12:17

Re:

Where's the brother from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia that started this thread? At least I think Melbourne is in the state of Victoria isn't it? Or is it Queensland?

2011/9/13 12:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy