SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : What's going on in Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What's going on in Israel?

The Pope's visit to the Middle East for 8 days with over two dozen speeches planned.

[b]Pope Benedict XVI reaches to touch and bless a United Nations flag at the U.N. headquarters in New York April 18, 2008.[/b]

Daniel Taylor
Old-Thinker News
April 20, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI [url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080418/ts_nm/pope_usa_dc]spoke to the U.N. General Assembly[/url] on Friday, warning nations against undermining the authority of the United Nations by acting unilaterally. The Pope also found time to [url=http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Pope-Benedict-visits-US-Baghdad2C-Iraq-New-York-United-Nations-flag-Pope-Benedict-XVI/ss/events/wl/033002pope/s:/nm/20080418/ts_nm/pope_usa_dc#photoViewer=/080418/ids_photos_ts/r175356572.jpg]bless the U.N. flag.[/url]

Reuters reports,

[i]"Countries that act unilaterally on the world stage undermine the authority of the United Nations and weaken the broad consensus needed to confront global problems, Pope Benedict said on Friday.

The international community must be "capable of responding to the demands of the human family through binding international rules," said the 81-year-old pope, who spoke after meeting privately with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

He said the notion of multilateral consensus was "in crisis because it is still subordinated to the decisions of a few, whereas the world’s problems call for interventions in the form of collective action by the international community."[/i]

The Pope’s comments are of little surprise, given the fact that he has previously called for a "new world order" to combat terrorism, environmental problems, as well as economic imbalances during his Christmas 2005 speech. Pope John Paul II also called for a new world order in a 2004 new years speech.

An interesting perspective on these comments comes from a 1970’s report called the "World Order Models Project." The report was funded by the Carnegie Foundation and Rockefeller Foundations, and was directed by Council on Foreign Relations member Saul H. Mendlovitz. Richard A. Falk, also a CFR member, contributed work to the project.

The project called for the formation of a world government complete with global taxes, a general disarmament program and the elimination of the nation state.

The WOMP project also planned on selling these globalist ideals to the world by using prominent world leaders to promote the plans and begin molding the international dialectic around globalist perceptions. The Pope was named as a possible outlet. The project states,

"Symbolic world leaders such as the Secretary General of the United Nations or the Pope might espouse [the WOMP agenda]… as a program for the future… These kinds of external developments… would initiate a world order dialectic within American politics that would begin to break down decades of adherence to [the Westphalian system] and its infrastructure of values, perceptions and institutions."

In a 1997 paper presented to the Research Department of the Air Command and Staff College, Maj. Bart R. Kessler outlined the plans of the World Order Models Project and many other globalist initiatives. His paper can be read [url=http://www.oldthinkernews.com/documents/Bush%27s%20New%20World%20Order%20-%20The%20Meaning%20Behind%20the%20Words.pdf]here[/url]. Reference to the use of the Pope in promoting globalist ideology, as well as citation, can be found on page 25 of this report.

[b]Obama wants UN flag over Jerusalem [/b]

Report: Obama’s Master Plan for the Middle East
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
(IsraelNN.com)

U.S. President Barack Obama told Jordan's King Abdullah two weeks ago to meet with leading Muslim Arab countries and persuade them to accept changes in the Saudi 2002 Initiative, according to the London-based Arabic language Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper.

The report reflects the president’s swift action on the Middle East since he was elected last November.

President Obama’s major proposed alteration in the Saudi peace plan is for Arab countries to grant citizenship to approximately five million Arabs who are descendants of former Israelis while allowing them the right to move to a new Palestinian Authority country.

The Saudi plan calls for them to be allowed to immigrate to Israel, a suggestion that virtually every Israeli leader categorically rejects.[b] President Obama also reportedly told the king that he wants the United Nations flag raised over holy sites in eastern Jerusalem[/b], where the PA would have total sovereignty under the Saudi plan .. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131215

2009/5/9 4:08
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: What's going on in Israel?

I believe the U.S. needs to withdraw from the United Nations. It doesn't serve the interests of the American people and underminds the nation's sovereignty and representative government.

2009/5/9 10:09Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
I believe the U.S. needs to withdraw from the United Nations. It doesn't serve the interests of the American people and underminds the nation's sovereignty and representative government.

yes it doesn't serve the U.S. and is not intended too, but only to serve the interest of the politically greedy, who basically make up a majority of our government and are ready to sell our sovereignty to the highest bidder.

2009/5/9 13:42Profile

Re: What's going on in Israel?

OH MY!!

Thats one of the beginning premises of my novel that I'm working on!!!! and things are happening so fast, that its stealing any sort of prescience that I might have displayed!!!!

RATS!! (lol)

It's a Godly novel, a familiar thematic, the "heroic journey" motif, where a small weak band struggles to go from point A to point B, thru great dangers, insurmountable odds, etc. God gave it to me, and I bless His love for me, in that He gives me so many gifts, top of the list is the Atoning Blood of His Son, Jesus.

anyway, chores call, but I will say this, Don't expect Israel to countenance any of this spew emanating from this servant of the devil, the man of perdition, the "pope", "papa" and that cozy haunt of denoms, the roman institution.

2009/5/9 14:00
rreighe

Re:

Quote:
yes it doesn't serve the U.S. and is not intended too, but only to serve the interest of the politically greedy, who basically make up a majority of our government [b]and are ready to sell our sovereignty to the highest bidder[/b].

and we all know who that will be... :(

JESUS, HELP US TO SPREAD YOUR WORD FAST!

2009/5/9 15:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy