SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where did I put that...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Where did I put that...

wrtbooks
Can you give us some guidelines as to what you have in mind in the various sections of the forum?
Lounge is anything that crosses our minds, yes?
Word Studies often start with a word study but quickly develop into a Scriptural Debate. In fact we sometimes have parallel discussion running in the different forums. Would there by some way of cross-referencing these?
I don't want to give you anymore work to do (I am watching your time-schedule! If I join at 7 in the morning and you are on-line I can work out what hours you are working! too many!) I just wondered if we could 'herd these cats' a little more.

2003/8/17 3:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Where did I put that...

Hi Ron,

Agreed, since there are some things that I am still a little unsure of myself as a 'moderator' and that our Webmaster is 'away from his desk' right now....

Maybe the best suggestion would be to do a little 'self governing' amongst ourselves.

As a temporary solution maybe we can all try and keep in mind the 'forum' we are in, try and stay on subject for clarity purposes and if need be, move the discussion to an appropriate 'forum'/ section (topic).

Also, please read Ron's excellent post regarding the 'search' function on this site, you can find it under
[u][b]Forum[/b][/u]
Lounge

[u][b]Topic[/b][/u]
SermonIndex Search Engine

"cat herding" sounds like a painful if not all together impossible task (if you own a cat you fast realize that they think they are 'gods', and that in fact [i][b]you[/b][/i] are subject to their commands :-D )

2003/8/18 12:22Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: herding cats

This is a phrase I came across when I was supposed to be managing 4 lawyers for a bank. I was introduced to the task with the warning.. "it will be like herding cats". You understood it right, impossible. A dozen cats will go in a dozen directions when pressured! There may be a pastor or two who is familiar with the experience... ;-)

2003/8/18 13:30Profile

Re:

Ron,

I would think that herding Pastors would be like herding cat also! They are alot like politicians....they all have their own mind and way of looking at things. That's one reason why unity can only be held in the Spirit!

Kevin

2003/8/18 14:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy