Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "Seeking or Sleeping?"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
disciplejosh

Southern California

"Seeking or Sleeping?"

Part 1

[b]“Seeking or Sleeping?”[/b]

“I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.”

The veil has been rent from top to bottom. Jesus has made the way into the Presence of the Father accessible to His Bride. We are given the privilege to enter into that place which no other than the Bride will ever be allowed...the King’s chamber, the secret place. A place of intimacy with Him. We wait for Him, but as Jesus pointed out about the virgins in Matthew 25:5, “While the Bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.”
But He stirs our hearts with His voice, calling out your name! Knocking upon the door of the ‘secret place.’
“Open to Me, My sister, My love, my dove, My fair one, My undefiled! My head is filled with dew…” Is this not the very Dew of Hermon in Psalm 133:2? The very anointing of the Spirit upon the Lover of our souls?
He knocks upon the door of our hearts. “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to Him, and dine with him, and he with Me.”

2004/8/21 2:19Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: "Seeking or Sleeping?"

Part 2

[b]Seeking or Sleeping?[/b]

“I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?”

He has readied Himself to meet us. He has unveiled Himself to us in the Person of His Son. Shall He veil or hide Himself from us again? He is clean, pure, or as Paul said, “holy, harmless, undefiled…”, He is the Spotless One. How shall we send Him away? How could we?

“My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.”

James tells us to “Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!” Should we not be excited, filled with wonder and awe at the very thought? That this One whose very garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia has come for us? Should we not be ‘moved for Him’? Or have I grown to comfortable in the secret place? The innermost chambers of my Lord and my King?

“I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.”

I cannot help but notice that the door has been locked from the inside. The lock is on the inside of what is rightfully the King’s chamber. But I find myself inside and He on the outside calling to me, knocking for me to open unto Him.

“I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spoke: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.”

To late! He is gone! My Beloved, the Lover of my soul, the One who has called out to me and drawn me to Himself into His very chambers, He has withdrawn Himself.

May that day never come into your life or mine; the Day that finds us slumbering, sleeping, our lamps empty, thinking we would have plenty of time to get oil when the Bridegroom comes...and to hear the call to “Come out and meet the Bridegroom” and us not be ready to meet Him.
Let us lift our vessels, along with David, to the One who can fill them to overflowing, thatour lamps would burn brightly in the darkness, as we look for the return of the One who loves us and gave Himself for us.

“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed” Romans 13:11.

2004/8/21 2:22Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy