SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Mission trip

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ravenbrook

Prayer for Mission trip

Please pray for God to work through us, we have never done this before.

I have good news to share with you tonight. We will be going to Mexico in July for a two week Missions trip the whole family will be going. We are all very excited about an opportunity to serve Christ and our brothers.

When we go to Mexico we will be ministering to Indians in the Tarahumara mountains which is very rural if I understand correctly. Unfortunately we will likely loose contact with the outside world.

God bless you
Kenny

Please keep us in your prayers

This will be my wife, five of my children and myself going.

2009/5/1 22:20Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re: Prayer for Mission trip

Thanks for the good news, Brother Kenny, and we'll be praying that God adds many new children through your efforts. God bless you and your family. Don

2009/5/1 23:54Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Brother Kenny...

This is wonderful news! I have traveled several times into the rural Sierra Madre Occidental to help with mission work with the Tarahumara. These were life-changing experiences! I first traveled there as a teenager. It was an incredible experience that helped "open my eyes" to the world all around me (to quote Keith Green).

If you travel to the same areas that I have worked, you will certainly lose contact with the outside world. We traveled to several villages (but mostly in a Tarahumara village called "Choguita"). Many of the indigenous tribes actually live in caves and small log huts. There were no bathrooms, running water, or electrical outlets (other than the generators that we brought). The infant mortality rate is very high. Most of the Tarahumara do not speak Spanish (and no one speaks English). It was interesting to speak in English and have it translated into Spanish and then into Tarahumara. Yet this was a wonderful experience!

You will certainly be in my prayers, brother. I will be praying that you have a safe and effective trip. You are bringing the light of the world to an area that has hardly heard about our Lord. What an honor!

:-)

By the way, brother, which missionary or missions group will you be traveling with? There aren't very many who are willing to travel to the Tarahumara...so I may have met them!

2009/5/2 1:19Profile

Praise GOD Ravenbrook. :-D

You & All of yours will stay in our prayers.

Keep us posted - Be encouraged - GOD Bless you All - Amen!!

2009/5/2 1:43
Denny

Virginia

Stay in close fellowship with the Father and He will use you and your family for His purposes.

Denny
-----------------------------------

“Preach abroad….It is the cooping yourselves up in rooms that has dampened the work of God, which never was and never will be carried out to any purpose without going into the highways and hedges and compelling men and women to come in.”
Jonathan Edwards

2009/5/2 8:12Profile

Re:

Quote:

Denny wrote:
Stay in close fellowship with the Father and He will use you and your family for His purposes.

Denny
-----------------------------------

“Preach abroad….It is the cooping yourselves up in rooms that has dampened the work of God, which never was and never will be carried out to any purpose without going into the highways and hedges and compelling men and women to come in.”
Jonathan Edwards

LORD GOD, give us the burden & love for souls. Amen!

2009/5/2 9:52
Ravenbrook

Re:

Thank all of you for prayer and I apreciate all of the advice and welcome more advice, glad to add it to my bag.

The missionary's name is Robert Taylor and this is the info on the mission.

Highways and Hedges International Mission
10549 East Mercury
Apache Junction, Arizona 85220

We would be interested to hear from anyone who knows him or the ministry.

God bless,
kenny

2009/5/2 10:31Profile
bowmyknees

Re:

Praise GOD Brother Kenny

Praying

May the Lord Bless you keep you make His face shine on you and give you peace as you go

Glory to God

2009/5/2 10:44Profile
Ravenbrook

Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement. God has been faithful to give us what we need to prepare to this point and no doubt he will continue.

I recently found out that we will be ministering to a coastal tribe also which are the Yaqui. This is very interesting because I was awakened in the early morning one day repeating the word Yaqui quietly and had no foreknowledge that they existed. The presence of God was very strong in my house that day.

There is a possibility of a permanent mission position with this tribe if I recieve the go ahead from God. I would appreciate further prayers from my faithful Brethren. My wife and children are more than willing, they are almost begging. I reminded them that if we remain in God's will he will be sure we are equipped and he will fill our mouths with his word in season.

My eldest daughter has been saying for over a year now that she felt God was goung to send us away permanently. Her and her family live just across the road from us now so if they were left behind it would be quite a loss as we are all very close. I also have another daughter and her family also live fairly close.

2009/5/8 1:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy