PosterThread
loveyouall

India

A Doer Of The Word

A Doer Of The Word
Rev. Loren Miller

James 1:22
“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves”

How many enjoy coming to the house of God?

A person can come to the house of God and listen to the singing and the Preaching , but just coming to church wont save you…..
There are many different things that we must do in order to be a true doer of the word.
STUDY is the first step to being a doer of the word
2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The word study in this Scripture means more than just reading it and trying to understand what it means In order to get a more in-depth understanding of this scripture we will look at Josh 1:8
Josh 1:8
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Scripture References

Josh 1:8
Ps 119:11
Ps 1:1-6

The same word which saves the faithful destroys the disobedient

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In order for us to fully understand what this scripture is talking about we need to read James 1:21
James 1:21-22
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

The word of God is able to save your souls, but you have to be able to receive it with gladness

The hardest thing a pastor will ever do is preach and teach on holiness, Because he knows that their will be people that will get mad and maybe even leave the church.

Don’t get mad at your pastor, he tells you because he loves you
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves

MEEKNESS (Definition)

An attitude of humility toward God and gentleness toward men, springing from a recognition that God is in control.. It is strength and courage under control, coupled with kindness.
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Scripture References

Matt 5:5
Matt 11:29
Cor 10:1
Eph 4 1-2

Becoming a fruitful soil type

There are four soil types mentioned in Mark 4

1. the way side
2. Stony Ground
3. Thorny Ground
4. Good Ground

Mark 4:3-8
3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

Mark 4:14-20
14 The sower soweth the word. (The Preacher Preaches the Word)

Remember Faith Cometh by Hearing and hearing by the word of God

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

These are people that when the Preaching of the Word goes forth, they here the Word of God , but they don’t apply anything that they heard to their lives
16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

These are people that here the Word of God and apply it to their lives, However they only last for a short time.
Col 2:6-7
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

These type of People do receive the word however they don’t walk in him
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught,

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Mark 10:20-22
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

This man had heard and kept the Law from his youth up, however his positions meant more to him than Jesus
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

In order to Bring forth Fruit you have to be a doer of the Word of God

Faith Cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God!

But the same Bible that said that is the same Bible that says this

Faith without works is DEAD

GOD HELP US TO BE DOERS OF THE WORD OF GOD!

If the word of God say’s it, Lets do it.

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

2009/4/25 21:46Profile
hescoming

Re: A Doer Of The Word

Hi loveyouall,
Look at James 1:25 and see if from that verse you can tell me what the "work" is that were to "do".

2009/4/25 23:59Profile
loveyouall

India

Re:

True words don't lie.
Rev. Tony Roberts

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. KJV

Rom 3:3-4 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. KJV

If man would only look upon the word of God he would discover that truer words where never spoken.

Man has a tendency to lie to protect him and to bring the blame somewhere else

Lying has become a norm in the business world to get ahead it is expected of you.

But as a child we should be taught these principals of GOD that his words are not lies and made up figments of mans imaginations

2 Tim 3:14-17 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. KJV

Let us look at these scripture

You know from whom you learned of the scriptures and you have been assured of these truths by Gods action in your life.

These words of GOD can and have proven themselves to be very wise and truthful even as a child you learn this.

all scripture is given by inspiration of God, who is like him and he cant lie

and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Why to be made perfect , and be in good works at your hands and actions should show forth a great inspiration to others to live by the words of GOD

Gods word is true :

2Sa 7:28 And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

His word declares it and history has found out that the word of GOD has proven itself its advice is solid if you read proverbs it is filled with good advice. It has historical value and facts recorded in it many pages.

The word of GOD are true then why is it we don't believe some of them

John 14:11-18
11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do...
13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Come on church what more do we need if Gods word is true how come we have so little faith in them.
15If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

He has come in the form of the Holy Ghost and lives in us.

He has given us promises of such as
Luke 10:19-20
19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

It seems we believe the plan of salvation we believe he did miracles but when it comes to the church of today we stop in the miracle dept short of what GOD wants us to do.

Where is the faith in Gods word?

Where are the great works?

Where are the miracles?

Where are the True words of God?

They are still here you just need to start having FAITH that true words don't lie

FAITH

Mark 2:2-5
2And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
3And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
4And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
5When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

POWER OF FAITH WITH TRUE WORDS

Mark 11:22-24
22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Lets put the true words of GOD together today this our this minute and see what your GOD is really capable of doing in your life and your family.

What could GOD due in this church right now if we would only realize true words don't lie.

His word does not return void it does not diminish after time.

It is still the same today as it has always been.
Luke 7:6-9
6Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
7Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
8For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
9When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. JV

How many more scripture take of The word of GOD he spoke the worlds in to being and his word is still doing just that still going not returning back void GODS word is still alive today still reaching, changing, healing, delivering, and restoring lives by telling the TRUTH.

Luke 8:25
25And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him. JV

STEPHENS GREAT FAITH IN TRUE WORDS
Acts 6:8
8And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. JV

CHURCHES GROW WHEN ESTABLISHED IN FAITH>>

Acts 16:5
5And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
KJV

[Established in the faith] Confirmed in the belief of the gospel ...
(from Barnes' Notes, Electronic Database. Copyright (c) 1997 by Biblesoft)

Believe the True words of Promise

Rom 4:20
20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Faith comes with true words.

Rom 10:17
17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 17:17
17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

2 Cor 5:7
7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

True words are great couple with the faith of the church the impossible becomes the possible.

If we could ever get a hold of this concept of GODS word there would be not stopping the church of this hour from reaching the known world.

You could change your neighbor hood your town your state.

True words don't lie and never truer word has been spoke than that of the bible.

Heb 11:1-3
11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. JV

True words don't lie GOD said he wanted us to pray and to ask.

HE declared if you do and believe His words are true then step back and watch it happen

HE set the wheels in motion.

HE tells us greater works shall you do

HE tells of the later and former rain together.

Miracles signs and wonders follow the believers \

What are we waiting for LETS GET IT TRUE WORDS DON'T LIE

Lets all grasp this now we can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!!!

John 20:11-18

2009/4/26 2:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy