SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Has anyone else noticed...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Has anyone else noticed...

It used to be, when times were "good," that people did not believe that we were coming under judgment and therefore they would not pray because they felt that there was no need to.

Now it seems that many people have been persuaded that we are coming under judgment, but for some reason they still can not seem to bring themselves to pray. While they are doing things to prepare for hard times, prayer seems to be outside of the realm of consideration. When I suggest that we need to pray they just look at me blankly. When I quote 2 Chronicles 7:14, they nod their head but it just doesn't seem to sink in.

It is as if everyone is shrouded in a very dark cloud.

2009/4/24 0:12Profile
docs

Yep I've noticed

Along with a tendency among many Christians to complain and make what they think are cute little smart aleck remarks about the Pres and use deragatory names to describe him. He's got his problems for sure and unBiblical views but it's easier to complain than heed the admonition in I Timothy 2:1-3 it seems. I can only appreciate the emphasis on prayer for authority and the various prayer conferences that have and are going on.

2009/4/24 1:00Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Has anyone else noticed...

Hello sister,

If you allow me, I would like to ask you few questions for clarification.

You used the words, 'we', 'they', 'people', do you mean some particular group of people? Who are 'we' and who are 'they'? Who is coming under judgement?

Also in 2 Chr. 7:14 the Lord promised that He will heal 'their' land, when you quote this quote to 'them' which land you have in mind that the Lord will heal?

God bless you.

2009/4/24 2:46Profile

Re:

Hi Tears of Joy, it seems like heartsong(please correct me if I am wrong heartsong) is talking about people who are called by His name. There are many countries that have identified themselves as "Christian countries," where the majority in those countries at least go by the name, called by His name. It seems reasonable to suggest that in any given country where the majority of peoples are called by His name, then that country would be a balm to others if those people who are called by His name would repent, would humble themselves, would turn from their wicked ways...............Frank

2009/4/24 8:41

Re: Has anyone else noticed...

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
It used to be, when times were "good," that people did not believe that we were coming under judgment and therefore they would not pray because they felt that there was no need to.

Now it seems that many people have been persuaded that we are coming under judgment, but for some reason they still can not seem to bring themselves to pray. While they are doing things to prepare for hard times, prayer seems to be outside of the realm of consideration. When I suggest that we need to pray they just look at me blankly. When I quote 2 Chronicles 7:14, they nod their head but it just doesn't seem to sink in.

It is as if everyone is shrouded in a very dark cloud.

I believe we've been in 2 Thess 2:11 since 2007.
That [i]is[/i] "a very dark cloud", though there are still many in the valley of decision, I believe that is Scriptural. The Angels will be proclaiming the Gospel for a reason, that there will still be some left to "repent", one would think. Rev 14:6-7

2009/4/24 11:51
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
You used the words, 'we', 'they', 'people', do you mean some particular group of people? Who are 'we' and who are 'they'? Who is coming under judgement?

As I originally typed this, I was not clear myself who I was referring to as 'we', 'they', and 'people.' The people that I have been talking to are people that go to church and claim that Jesus is their Saviour.

The Lord has been showing me that there are more distinctions than I thought, but I am not totally clear on what they are and who fits where. As far as the land, it would seem that that would apply individually and corporately as well as globally.

1 Corinthians 11:31-32
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Quote:
The Angels will be proclaiming the Gospel for a reason, that there will still be some left to "repent", one would think. Rev 14:6-7

I never noticed this before. Thank you for pointing it out.

There is much to ponder these days. Blessedly we can leave it all in His hands - trusting that He will lead us where we need to go and will direct us in whatever it is that He would have us to do. Oh the blessedness of all that He is. May we all be obedient to the point that He might use us as an instrument that would pierce the darkness - that the captives might be set free.

2009/4/24 12:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy