SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A young homeless man.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

A young homeless man.

Please pray for Dean; a young man in his twenties that I met sitting on a bench next to a pile of empty beer cans.

He's lost touch with his family and came to the village where I live looking for his parents, who used to live here, but found they had moved house.
I shared with him about the Lord but he said although he wanted to go to heaven when he died he knew for sure he would never go there, saying "it's too late now".
He seemed to know the truth but I guessed he felt he had done something so bad he could never be accepted by God...maybe a 'prodigal'?
Nothing I could say seemed to give him any hope, so all I could do for him just now was find out from the local vicar the nearest place he could stay (he's been sleeping rough recently).

He seems not to have a friend in the world.......please join me in praying for him,

Thanks! Gwen

2009/4/23 17:50Profile

Re: A young homeless man.

Yes Gwen, will pray starting tonight for this young man.

GOD Bless you for caring this much about him, amen.

2009/4/23 20:51
Nellie

Re:

Father, Please touch this young man, and draw him unto Thyself.
In Jesus Name.

2009/4/23 21:27Profile
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

Re:

Thank you so much for praying Nellie; I don't beleive it was co-incidence that I passed by where that young man was sitting. The Lord is pursuing him and longing for him. I'm sure no-one much would have cared about the prodigal Jesus spoke of ;he wasn't important to anyone....... except his father.
Bless you! Gwen

2009/4/24 16:10Profile
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD I really appreciate your commitment to praying for this young man that you haven't even met; it's so important we keep on praying until we see an answer. Thank you!! I will let you know of any news of him. He was looking for his earthly father but let's pray he finds his heavenly Father.

His love is so far beyond what we know or could imagine.
Blessings, Gwen

2009/4/24 16:27Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

May the Lord give you grace to bring Dean to the Lord Jesus. Just as Andrew brought Peter and Phillip, Nathaneal. Jesus will do the rest.
The immediate parable which came to the mind was that of the the prodigal son.
This is just a thought, maybe if he were to read the parable and maybe if he were to realize that "squandered all" would include all that he has done in his life, he will be able to see the Father waiting with open arms.

It is not in multitude of words but by HIS Spirit. The Lord will give you wisdon.

Also I want to post a link which I hope will encourage, maybe you could share it too ...
[url=http://www.preachtheword.com/sermon/williemullan.shtml]Pastor Willie Mullan's Testimony[/url]

2009/4/24 16:38Profile

Re:

Quote:

Dountoothers wrote:

He was looking for his earthly father but let's pray he finds his heavenly Father.

[b]His love is so far beyond what we know or could imagine.[/b]

Blessings, Gwen

Oh yes, this is True!

2009/4/24 19:35
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

Re:

Thank you Vakugal!!
Yes I think you are right; it would be a good idea to share that parable with Dean. Please pray I have an opportunity soon.
If he knew people in India and America were praying for him too I think that would touch his heart. Thank you too for the Pastor's testimony....I will print it out.

God bless you faithful servant,
Your sister in Him, Gwen

2009/4/25 5:28Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

We've added Dean to our list, Sister. God's blessings to you.

2009/4/25 8:22Profile
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

Re:

Wonderful! Thank you brother...and thanks to whoever will be praying with you. I feel so blessed that so many people are concerned about this young man....that he might be saved from the enemy's clutches..to the glory of God!

May He bless you,
Gwen

2009/4/25 8:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy