SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Has anyone heard anything about Obama wanting to divide Jerusalem recently?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
anonymity

Has anyone heard anything about Obama wanting to divide Jerusalem recently?

I recently heard something. I don't know all the details. I also heard "some" Jewish spokesman saying that Israel would go along with whatever the US wanted. I do know that Obama is trying to change a lot of international relations like with Cuba and his trip and so forth.

2009/4/18 0:14Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Has anyone heard anything about Obama wanting to divide Jerusalem recently?

Just read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090417/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_mideast_us

[b]Obama envoy: Two-state solution is only solution[/b]

exercpt

Quote:
Mitchell said Friday that the U.S. would not settle for anything less than the establishment of a Palestinian state alongside Israel. "A comprehensive peace in this region is in the national interest of the United States. It is in the interest of the Palestinian people, it is in the interest of the people of Israel and of the entire region," he said.

2009/4/18 10:01Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

and this. . . .

http://israelpolicyforum.ngphost.com/blog/emanuel-says-obama-insists-implementing-two-state-solution-no-ifs-ands-or-buts

[b]Emanuel Says Obama Insists On Implementing Two State Solution, No Ifs, Ands, or Buts[/b]

Quote:
Yedioth Achronoth, the largest circulation daily in Israel, reports today that President Obama intends to see the two-state solution signed, sealed and delivered during his first term. Rahm Emanuel told an (unnamed) Jewish leader; "In the next four years there is going to be a permanent status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians on the basis of two states for two peoples, and it doesn't matter to us at all who is prime minister."

Are they are making their agenda clear?

2009/4/18 11:35Profile
anonymity

Re:

Yeah that is pretty much what I am talking about... I haven't heard of the things from the second article you posted before though. This seems to be a rather large thing out of the blue. I mean I didn't see it coming at least I didn't hear Obama saying anything like this would happen.

I don't really know all that is going on though yet as my research is not in depth. If it is in 3 to 4 years as the articles stated then they must be wanting this on some heavy pre conditions that terrorism stop ect. But, I think much of us believe or know that this did not work out well with the Gaza strip and other broken peace treaties and that those in opposition will only use this to deceive and consider it weakness from Israel.

2009/4/18 21:46Profile
anonymity

Re:

So here is what I understand so far.

Obama in the past clearly and strongly said that he wanted a two state solution, but only if preconditions are met.

Scriptures say that certain parts will be given over.

Israel says that there will be no two state solution unless they are recognized as a state. As of yet they are not.

Many in the middle east are vowed enemies to Israel whether or not there is a two state solution. Gaza was given over under false peace pretenses and it turned out negative and so it will probably with this if in fact it occurs.

What I am not clear about is: I know Mitchell is pushing for a two state solution, but is he pushing for it even if precondition are not met? If so he is is Obama changing his stance to be in line with Mitchell since Mitchell is part of his admin?

2009/4/19 17:58Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question. But, why should we as Christians be concerned about a two-state solution?

This isn't meant to be a provocative question - I really am ignorant on this matter.

2009/4/19 18:22Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question. But, why should we as Christians be concerned about a two-state solution?

This isn't meant to be a provocative question - I really am ignorant on this matter.

Perhaps listening to this might help:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=623]Islamic Spiritual War[/url] by Avi Lipkin.

2009/4/20 7:45Profile

Re: Has anyone heard anything about Obama wanting to divide Jerusalem recently?

Just a thought here - that even when Jerusalem was wholly in Israel, it was 'divided' between Judah and Benjamin, who with Ephraim formed what became known as Israel, after the ten tribes were scattered.

2009/4/20 8:00
anonymity

Re:

Taylor,

Uh well, there is first just basic human rights in light of the things that have happened to the Jewish people and are.

Then there is the fact that though Israel is our enemies in light of the gospel they are beloved for elections sake. So, God's heart is to be our heart and they are the apple of His eye.

Also, if so is your political understanding or if you as a Christian involve yourself in such matters Israel plays a pivotal role in the rejection of orthodox fundamental Islam taking over the world with its wicked desires.

Lastly, the division of Israel could be a signal of the last weeks. The verse I sight for that is Revelation 11:2. We are to be watching the seasons.

2009/4/20 22:14Profile
anonymity

Re:

Alive,

I know this is just a thought and I am not trying to say you are implying anything, but I will try to give a constructive response to the possible implications of your thought.

It was distinct in tribes, but I believe it was one in government under David until the rule of Solomon.

The Palestinian's would not be considered a tribe of Israel but Gentile's.

2009/4/20 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy