SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Tea Party's

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Chrisssssss, check out the comments. We have been through the whole thing.Not sure that there is much more to add. I think if you are checking the replies, look for the one's that talk about Christians and non-Christians joining together for common purposes.........Frank

2009/4/18 1:37

Re:

Brother Jimmy - sure hope you know we look forward to your next sermon-type thread.
Keep 'em coming Brother - Bless GOD - they sure have that freshly squeezed olive oil savor and we've been honored to go through this press with you. Amen Brother!!

2009/4/18 1:48
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Frank...

Quote:

appolus wrote:
Hi Chrisssssss, check out the comments. We have been through the whole thing.Not sure that there is much more to add. I think if you are checking the replies, look for the one's that talk about Christians and non-Christians joining together for common purposes.........Frank

Yes, I read many of them, and my comments were written and saved via MS Word. I didn't have time to post them until this evening. I will make sure to catch up on what everyone wrote in this thread.

Still, these were my comments and feelings that I shared. I apologize if they are repetitive with what you or others may have written.

The Lord bless you!

2009/4/18 3:29Profile

Re:

Hi Chris, I think you will find the thread interesting. Obviously there is a difference of opinion in regard to the nature of participation in certain events and whether they violate Scripture. It was a good discussion and I think for the most part was civil and courteous. Always the enemy roams about seeking to divide and conquer and destroy, especially in the realm of that most worldy of pursuits, politics :-) .....brother Frank

2009/4/18 10:22

Re:

"This nation is very different than Caesar's Rome. Rome was an Empire where Caesar sat as the King. The United States has no king. It has a government "of the people, for the people and by the people" -- a government of CONSENT. If you sift through the writings of the founders of the nation, this "consent" was a very central to the founder's idea of government. There was no longer a "divine right of kings" or a class of nobles. Rather, the regular people could actually serve as governors, senators, representatives, judges and presidents -- elected by peers." Chrrrrrisss

If the Tea Parties weren't voicing their opposition to taxes then they should not have called it a 'tea party' or linked it to our historic event. The original Tea Party opposed taxation without representation. They were not represented in any way to the taxes England imposed. The taxes were to England for England. Again, we have representation in the form of a vote in this nation. And you're correct, neither England NOR Rome had this form of government. I'm not against voicing the way our gov't chooses to spend tax revenue. The First Amendment guarantees dissention in this manner. BUT many stand against the taxation process as not being represented in general in these movements. There is a difference between being taxed without representation and just simply being taxed. Our vote is our representation. So to say one doesn't have a voice is not an excuse in this country. The voting booth is the voice for one's choice to choose our leaders.

As far as the gov't labeling some as 'extemists' for their Biblical views or ideology, this is nothing new in history. The anti-war folks were labelled this by gov't, what's that to me??? It happens. And Jesus himself was labelled an extemist. I don't think He lost sleep over this, nor do I.

When it comes right down to it, the only personal liberty we have doesn't come from gov't but from God. What liberty did Jesus have when handed over to Pilot? Yet when Pilot assumed that Christ's liberty or death was within his power, Jesus quickly set the record straight..'you have no power over Me except what has been given you by My Father'. Jesus never took His eye off His heavenly mandate. He stayed out of the political fray and when baited by the Jews concerning taxes He did not indulge in the Jews hatred of the Roman gov't. Instead He preached against sin, selfishness, hypocrisy, and legalistic righteousness.

In this day and age even the so called righteous parade their sin, and think it's just fine. I would expect the unrighteous not to know better. Before I was saved I had no problem with divorce or premarrital relations. The Holy Spirit convicted me, not the gov't or a mega church. Yet we're shocked by the behavior of such. The Bible says sin will continue, it says love will wax cold, it says their will be a great falling away. Sodom, Babylon, and Egypt were no different than the unrighteous here today. This isn't a news flash. God was there then and He's here now. But when the so called Church looks just like the world, it's more leverage and fodder for the the unrighteous to parade in boldness. This should be of more concern.

I could care less how the media or gov't labels me. In light of the God I serve who are they to me??? If I take their bait, it only serves as a distraction that Christ Himself clearly avoided. If someone calls me 'extreme' it's only a badge of honor that says I'm looking more like Christ.

We are ripe for revival, but the Church will never achieve it in fleshly protests. Revival isn't about gov't, parading sinners, or even the Church. It's about Christ. How quickly the media and gov't distracts us into defending our personal liberties and constitutional rights. How quickly we lash back out of fear of oppression via secular labels. My citizenship is not of this world or this country, it's born of God through His Son. I won't take their bait nor will I defend a wordly oriented American church that has thought it could buy and influence morality through gov't in the policital arena.

The voice of the remnant, the true Church, is small and insignificant in terms of politcal influence. I want my voice to be small in protest and loud in the prayer closet. In order for God to increase we must decrease. I don't see any decrease in a monetarily rich Church who has a loud voice but little Godly substance. The gov't has no power over me other than what God has given them. And if God gives theme the power and influence to label me an extemist for being a follower of my Savior......I say hallelujia!!!!!!!

2009/4/18 21:05

Re:

Cc...writes...

"We are ripe for revival, but the Church will never achieve it in fleshly protests. Revival isn't about gov't, parading sinners, or even the Church. It's about Christ. How quickly the media and gov't distracts us into defending our personal liberties and constitutional rights. How quickly we lash back out of fear of oppression via secular labels. My citizenship is not of this world or this country, it's born of God through His Son. I won't take their bait nor will I defend a wordly oriented American church that has thought it could buy and influence morality through gov't in the policital arena."

I say amen to you brother, and amen. Time and time again Christians are drawn into the areana of the world and not just drawn in, they throw themselves in with gusto. Today we had an International Prayer conference with brothers and sisters from the States and from Britian. We were small in number yet rich in the Spirit of God. People will flock to rallies where self-interests are represented and fear and paranoi are the order of the day, I wish people would flock to prayer meetings and petition the Lord our most High God who is High and lifted up. My eyes have seen the King and He is glorious and the things of this world are dim and of brass. Our lives are fleeting, and we are to be stewards of our time here on earth. Do we spend our time seeking His presence? Do we spend our time about our Fathers business? Do we spend our time bringing peace where there is strife. Are we peacemakers are we children of the living God. Where there is hatred and despair and anxiousness, do we tell people by our words and actions to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication and thanksgiving to make our requests known to the living God? I thank you Lord that even If I be the poorest person in the United States that I will go to bed this evening with a full belly and a roof over my head. I thank you Lord that I have clothes on my back. I thank you most of all that I was taken from the gutters of life and invited to sit down at the banqueting table of my Lord and that His banner over me is love. Oh Lord may not a single grumble ever be heard to fall from my lips. May these lips be used only to praise the living God. And even after I am there ten thousand years I know that I know that I will still be praising you my Heavenly Father because of the Lord Jesus Christ making a way where there was no way. As I conntemplate on everything that is good, everything that is wholesome, everything that is Holy , praise begins to arise in my spirit until in meets your Spirit and I am engulfed in thankfulness. I remember that even in the darkest dungeon, my brother Paul did not grumble , but sang praises to the living God and the whole prison shook and the captives found liberty. None of my hereos defended themselves but cried out with love for a world that you loved so much "forgive them Father for they know not what they do." Oh let this Spirit break out upon that which calls itself the church and may it replace petty fears and paranoi and insecurity, knowing that the steps of a righteous man and woman is ordered of God and that we rest secured in the righteous outstretched hand of the Living God. And in this place I sleep secure in the knowledge Lord that it is you that is in control. Praise your Holy name, and may every knee bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father................Frank

2009/4/18 21:54
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
Today we had an International Prayer conference with brothers and sisters from the States and from Britian. We were small in number yet rich in the Spirit of God. People will flock to rallies where self-interests are represented and fear and paranoi are the order of the day, I wish people would flock to prayer meetings and petition the Lord our most High God who is High and lifted up.

Who had an International Prayer Conference? And where? Was it announced, or did I miss the announcement?

You are SO RIGHT brother that Christians can be gathered together so quickly for petitioning the Government, but generally will not gather together to petition the Creator of the universe!!!

I like the confidence that Brother Kieth Daniel from South Africa spoke with regarding this nation and its problems in his [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=829]Warning to America[/url] . . . He said something like "you could have it all turned around in a matter of a couple of months if you would just pray . . ."

The "tea parties" were well announced in every place, and well attended.

How did such an effort get rallied in every town? Who was the trumpet blaster that rallied the concerned people together?

Can such a thing be done as was described in Brother Orr's [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18527&commentView=itemComments]The Role of Prayer in Spiritual Awakening[/url] where an appeal goes out for all concerned Christians to meet every first Monday for prayer?

Every Saturday our mission has an "international" prayer meeting (Mexicans and Americans - usually only 5 or 6 of us there). Recently I discussed with the pastor of the West Monroe Church of God my desires for prayer meetings, so every first Friday of each month, two hispanic churches along with that American church will be meeting there for prayer. If you are in Northeast LA near West Monroe, you are welcomed to join us in petitioning God for a manifestation of His glory in convicting sinners of their sin, and awakening lives to the glory of God.

Who could sound such an alarm? Who could rally the troops? Shall we just assume Christians don't want to come together to petition God? Has anyone made the announcement or the invitation?

2009/4/18 23:34Profile

Re:

"Who had an International Prayer Conference? And where? Was it announced, or did I miss the announcement?"

We did, right here , through SI, on the phone and on skype. Where was it announced? Right here under "announcments." :)

Its now every Saturday, come join us. We are also praying for revival every Tuesday night, come join us. All you need is a phone or a computer :)
Details below. Both prayer meetings are announced right here on SI every Tuesday and now, every Saturday..............brother Frank

European/International Prayer Call is held each week @ 6:00 GMT.

The call is to network intercessors in Europe and Internationally to intercede for Revival in the sleeping Church especially in the UK.

Currently the call is through a telephone service called powownow and SKYPE.

UK Instructions.
Call Phone: 0870 22 333 33, access pin = 059089
To connect via skype, add hquest7

International Instructions.
For a list of International Access numbers, please contact [email protected]
To connect via skype, add hquest7

United States Instructions.
Call Phone: 712-432-2888 , or 641-715-3715 , access pin = 059089.
To connect via skype, call/text me on skype id, merle.weaver

2009/4/19 0:38
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

THANKS!

We have church services every Tuesday night, and prayer meetings on Saturday nights. There have been times when (if I didn't have people to take home) I have listened in some on the conference call prayer meeting after our services.

When you wrote "International Prayer Conference" I thought you were referring to people being "with one accord in one place" which is of course what the Revival Conference accomplishes for those who can go.

However it happens, THANK GOD for the prayers of the saints! Those prayers are so precious to God that they are being kept in special vials near His throne Rev 5:8.

2009/4/19 1:02Profile

Re: Tea Party's

Hello all,

This thread [b]is[/b] very thought-provoking. A couple of things caught my eye in ccrider's post:

Quote:
Again, we have representation in the form of a vote in this nation. And you're correct, neither England NOR Rome had this form of government.

Not sure about Rome's representation of the common people, but England most definitely did have Commons representation. In fact, by that time, the monarchy was more dependent on Parliament for its power, than compared with 150 years previously - probably adding to America's formal sense of injustice. (Not wishing to throw the thread off course, the mindset which thought it okay to govern America without representation was the same as that which took over the land from its original inhabitants, even threatening them with death in some places, if they didn't accept Chrsit. It really does show that top-down government is not God's highest order. He wants man governed by the Holy Spirit from within his heart.)

Quote:
He stayed out of the political fray and when baited by the Jews concerning taxes He did not indulge in the Jews hatred of the Roman gov't.

If the Jews hated taxes to Rome, I don't think they were looking for Jesus to confirm that hatred, but to find out if they could trip Him up by getting Him to say that [u]He[/u] didn't want to pay taxes to Rome - because by the time they asked Him, they had made up their minds to find a way to kill Him. They wanted [u]Him[/u] in trouble with the authorities.

Remember... John 19:15 But they cried out, Away with [him], away with [him], crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, [u]We have no king but Caesar[/u]?

Then there is also this event, which plays straight back into the earlier substance of this thread:

Matthew 17
24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute [money] came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? 25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, [u]Jesus prevented him[/u], saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? 26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. [u]Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free[/u]. 27 [u]Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them[/u], go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt [u]find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee[/u].

2009/4/19 5:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy