SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : God cares for us

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ravenbrook

God cares for us

I posted this on another forum and wanted to share it here too.

God cares for us

I want to share some instances with my brothers and sisters showing that God will care for us through the hard times ahead.
There was a time in my life when I was unemployed with $2 in my pocket and only enough gas in my truck to get me into town. The $2 was for gas to get me back home. We were eating our supper not knowing what was for supper tomorrow. When we finished eating my wife said "what are we going to do honey?" We walked to the back door and I answered "I don't know, but God will provide."

Just then, two Amish men came walking out of my woods into my yard. They were looking for a driver to transport them and their equipment to a job site in the morning. I accepted and informed them of my circumstances. They agreed to keep my tank full and pay me daily for driving. Before we reached the job site the first morning I had a job as a roofer, And I had no experience. I was making more money than I ever had in my life. They paid for fuel, mileage and high hourly rate.

November 2008:
I got laid off from a good job and was driving home (about 1100 miles). The sun was setting and I started feeling like I had let my family down. I felt like a real loser. Depression was setting in and I cried out to Yahweh to "do something to help me overcome this depression. I pulled into the hotel, paid for my room and carried my laptop into the room.

When I awoke in the morning I looked for my bible and realized that I left it in the truck. I turned on my laptop and prayed for direction for what scriptures I should listen to (I have the bible in mp3). This is what he gave to me...

1st Kings 17:
1 ¶ And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, As Yahweh God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
2 And the word of Yahweh came to him, saying,
3 Get you hence, and turn you eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
4 And it shall be, that you shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.
5 So he went and did according to the word of Yahweh: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
7 And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
8 ¶ And the word of Yahweh came to him, saying,
9 Arise, get you to Zarephath, which belongs to Zidon, and remain there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain you.
10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray you, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray you, a morsel of bread in your hand.
12 And she said, As Yahweh your God lives, I have not a cake, but a handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
13 And Elijah said to her, Fear not; go and do as you have said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it to me, and after make for you and for your son.
14 For thus says Yahweh God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that Yahweh sends rain upon the earth.
15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of Yahweh, which he spoke by Elijah.
17 ¶ And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
18 And she said to Elijah, What have I to do with you, O you man of God? have you come to me to call my sin to remembrance, and to kill my son?
19 And he said to her, Give me your son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
20 And he cried to Yahweh, and said, O Yahweh my God, have you also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by killing her son?
21 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried to Yahweh, and said, O Yahweh my God, I pray you, let this child’s soul come into him again.
22 And Yahweh heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.
23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him to his mother: and Elijah said, See, your son lives.
24 And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that you are a man of God, and that the word of Yahweh in your mouth is truth.

So far the ravens have brought me money, food, provided feed for my animals, firewood, plowed my driveway, etc.

My tractor has refused to start since I've been home so I can't get fire wood or plow my driveway (300 feet). The day before Thanksgiving my wife prayed for God to start the tractor. She went out and tried to start it... nothing. Thanksgiving morning the children went to the barn to feed the animals. They feed the ponies in the corral to keep the ponies used to being handled. They heard the tractor start and said to themselves "dad got the tractor started and must be hiding from us". They could plainly see the tractor and I was not there. At the same time my wife came into the bathroom (I was in the shower) and said "the children started the tractor for you". You need to plow the driveway so that everyone can get in and out of the driveway for Thanksgiving. I thought "how in the world could they start that thing when I couldn't?". I went out and there were no foot prints any where near my tractor! God started the tractor! I plowed my driveway with a big smile that day. When I was done plowing I parked the tractor, turned it off and immediately tried to start it again. Nothing, I had run the thing for over an hour. It should have started, but nothing, And there it sits to this day, refusing to start.

HaleluYah!
[u][b]God cares for us[/b][/u]

2009/4/14 19:46Profile
Theophila

Re: God cares for us

Dear Ravenbrook,
Thank you for posting your testimony. I needed to read that.
I've been a tad discouraged by my circumstances lately but i'm encouraged to keep on believing that He is at work on my behalf.

Peace to you and yours.

2009/4/14 20:34Profile
Nellie

Re: God cares for us

Great Testimony!
Thank-you for sharing.
May God continue to bless you and your Family.
Nellie

2009/4/14 22:02Profile
Ravenbrook

Re:

Glad that it encouraged you. I think we all need to be reminded from time to time that he is involved in our lives.

2009/4/17 22:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy