SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer (Went to the doctor)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Praying dear sister!

2009/4/19 2:03Profile
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re:

I am praying for you, Mary Jane.

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalm 9:10

Lorijean

2009/4/19 4:39Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Heartsong and LoriJean

Thank you sister for praying for me. I was having a ruff time last night and yesterday. Then after I posted and asked you guys for prayer the pain began to ease off and I was able to get to sleep. I actually got a really good night rest and am so thankful. God is so good in His mercy and kindness. Thank you also Lorijean for the encouragement with that verse. It means a great deal to me. I know I must walk in faith through all this, not just the good days but even when the days seem dark. I must keep my focus on Him alone and not allow myself to be deceived by self or the enemy.

Thank you again sisters
God Bless
Maryjane

2009/4/19 12:16Profile

Re:

Sis, a friend sent this in an email today. You can receive these by different authors daily or read them at the link below.
With my prayers as well Sis.

[b]Quote: The Value of Suffering[/b]

Psalm 7:17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of His righteousness
and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. (NIV)

Those of us who cope with chronic pain and all the related trials are often tempted to ask WHY?
Wouldn't it be good to be in the presence of Jesus so that we could ask some of the more perplexing questions in life? The disciples were walking along with the Lord when they passed by a man that was blind from birth (John 9:1-4). They were given opportunity to ask one of those questions, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?"

We really like to keep things in neat categories. It provides some security for us to be able to trace the horrible things that happen in this world back to a direct cause. If the cause is a tangible area of sin we hope that we may in some way be able to isolate ourselves and our loved ones from it. Jesus didn't offer His disciples the comfort they may have desired. His response to their question was that this man is blind "that the works of God might be displayed in him."

Suffering teaches us:

1. the value of full surrender to God (1 Peter 4:1-2)
2. the value of patience (1 Peter 2:20)
3. the value of obedience (Philippians 2:8-11)
4. the value of prayer Philippians 4:6-7)
5. the value of studying the Scriptures (Psalm 119:67,71).
6. contentment (Philippians 4:11-12)
7. sympathy for others (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
8. it produces the fruit of righteousness in our lives (John 15:2)
9. Probably the greatest benefit to suffering in the life of the
believer is that it produces a deeper intimacy with God.

Jesus has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5). In the valley of the shadow of death, "Thou art with me."

Our joy, prayers, and thankfulness should not fluctuate with our circumstances or feelings. Obeying these three commands - be joyful, pray continually, and give thanks - often goes against our natural inclinations. When we make a conscious decision to do what God says,however, we will begin to see our trials in a new perspective. When we do God's will, we will find it easier to be joyful and thankful.

2 Corinthians 4:17 (NIV) For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Patricia Armstrong lives in Virginia Beach, Va., with her husband,Richard. She is a retired schoolteacher and deals with chronic pain
from a nerve disease. Patricia enjoys reading, camping, church activities and encouraging those with health and pain concerns.

This daily devotional is compliments of Rest Ministries, www.restministries.org, serving people who live with chronic illness or pain. Copyright 1998-2009

VISIT OUR DEVOTIONAL BLOG TO...
http://chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com

2009/4/20 15:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy