SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The Scourging

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
NoWhining

East Texas

The Scourging

Forgive me, but I've wanted to post this all week. When I came back to the Lord after 15 years, I read, prayed and sought the promises of Ezekiel 36:25-27. And God forgave me!

Verse 25 stated God would cleanse me from all filthiness and all my idols. In 15 years of lawless ness, I had heaping helpings of both. What was so cool, was the idols I loved, God took the love of them away, and I really desired to do away with them. But one idol, well, I resisted. Even when the Lord led me to drop it, I didn't. I instead justified it. Then one day, I suddenly wasn't convicted about it any longer. Praise the Lord!

Then my nights became times of confusion. My dreams were either confused, or unspeakable evil, and I would waken crying out to God. " Lord, why is this happening?" Suddenly I was so touchy about anything that happened. I set off the alarm in the Walmart, and the greeter started digging through our basket full of groceries. And he kept digging, and digging, in front of the weekend crowd and I got angry. And I behaved like a sinner. Then one day I was on my bike, and a 18 wheeler got about 3' off my tail. And in anger, I cursed him.

I was heartbroken. I cried out to God, " Where did that come from, Lord? I don't talk like that!" I grieved the rest of the day. That night, an evangelist was preaching, and in my heart I prayed, "Lord, please let him show me what to do." But the preacher's message was not my answer. In spiritual agony, I flipped my bible open and saw this verse, Psalms 32:8, " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will counsel you with my eye upon you."

And then I was free. That night, after praying, I told my wife I had to get rid of my idol. My idol(s) were my firearms. I loved them. I enjoyed shooting them, cleaning them, reading about them, and studying how to be even better with them. God asked me, if someone attacked me, would I shoot them? The old me would have in a skinny second. The new me said no, Lord. Then the Lord instructed me to read Matthew 5, 6, and 7. And I did, several times a day. And He opened my eyes to a walk with Him I'd never seen before.

Sorry to take up so much time, and thanks for reading. Maybe the folks here will understand my actions. The folks that sold me guns and ammo, and now that are buying them back think I'm crazy, but I'm filled with joy! As the old group Dogwood used to sing, "There's a great , great, joy in Jesus."

In Christ, Don

2009/4/12 22:26Profile

Re: The Scourging

Brother, that's a wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing it!
Some verses of a hymn came to mind as I was reading through...
May this continually be the cry of my heart, for Your glory, Lord God!

"The dearest idol I have known,
Whate’er that idol be
Help me to tear it from Thy throne,
And worship only Thee.

So shall my walk be close with God,
Calm and serene my frame;
So purer light shall mark the road
That leads me to the Lamb."

William Cowper

2009/4/14 12:07

Re:

Pardon my reaction here but this was "Phew Powerful" brother. It made my heart leap - Bless GOD!

When we were first married 30 yr.s ago, my husband was 32 and was used to seeing others in his family having rifles, but Thank GOD he left the final decision to me - he didn't care one way or another if he had one or not, because he also couldn't kill an animal, so hunting wasn't for neither of us - but when the question came up about defending ourselves in our home, my thought was - Whatever I put my trust in is what I would grab for & depend on first and probably think later. Phew again. Even the highly trained police & military make the mistake of shooting first and finding out later.

Having heard countless testimonies of miraculous deliverances from Missionaries to housewives and knowing that angels camp round about them that fear Him and we won't exit this planet one mili-second before HE has planned - Tis So Sweet to Trust In Jesus - just to take Him at His Word ...

And The Sermon on The Mount [i]is[/i] for Now - Amen Brother - "Thank you" for this wonderful - freeing testimony! Glory to God and God Bless you & yours. :-)

2009/4/14 16:35
Ravenbrook

Re: The Scourging

Good word Brother!

2009/4/14 19:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy