SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Something is wrong . . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Something is wrong . . .

Something is terribly wrong, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Is anybody else sensing that something is wrong?

(This being something other than all of the things that are so clearly obvious)

2009/4/9 22:22Profile
dunlow64God

Re: Something is wrong . . .

hmmm...i haven't been feeling right lately, but I thought it was just me...??? :-?

2009/4/9 22:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

America [b]is[/b] under divine judgment right now.

[b]The Last Days Of America by David Wilkerson[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15149&commentView=itemComments

2009/4/9 23:17Profile
mackaymarsh

I woke up this morning with the same type of unsettling in my soul. I wondered if there was any place/country on the planet that was really 'at ease.'

I feel as though the whole of global society is teetering and the slightest bump could really set world (can't think of appropriate word) events in turmoil. I believe something we have never seen before is about to happen.

I'm in my senior years but I have never seen such evil and so brazen. Truly good is evil - and evil good in the eyes of the world. If these are not the end times, I could not imagine what they would actually be like.

Safe in the Love of Jesus,
Wayne

2009/4/10 1:18Profile

Sis Heartsong, I respect you and all of your contributions to this fellowship/forum.

The only way I can explain how I'm feeling of late is to use a sort of analogy.

In each town they have differing siren/alarm system sounds and types for several differing types of warnings or alerts.

In the "church" I feel as though all the alarms are going off at once and it's disconcerting and leading folks to not know 'which' to heed.

Disconcerting seems to fit the feeling best.

I've read other sites where everyone has a dream, vision, word, and sections for these.
One site even has one section for "interpreted dreams" and another section for "not yet interpreted dreams" and then of course, another section for everyone's "words" & "visions".

We're being Overloaded on these things [thankfully not here] but I realized that this is all a [i]"spiritual atmosphere" that is happening in conjunction with the True Warning going out from the HOLY Spirit.[/i]
Whenever GOD moves or speaks, of course the enemy will fight it in any way at his disposal.

Back to that town - only one alarm should have been going off - but some pranksters got hold of the switches for all the other alarms and pulled them all as well and the towns folks are blaming the 'Wrong' folks as well, as far as who's pulling the wrong alarms - so "the town" is divided and warring among themselves in the confusion of it all and the maham of hearing all those alarms blaring at once.

I like David Wilkerson's Blog, TSC sermons and listening to a few of Art Katz sermons and only reading from Classic Author's Only. All but the TSC team are safely Home now, so I trust them. Corrie Ten Boom had a peaceful spirit - just for one. Or Jim Elliot, etc.
That's all I need now, outside of only His Word with John 16:13-14.
So yes, I've become very fussy of what I read or listen to.

I'm also preparing for the time when I won't have other Authors to read or listen to.
I hear only one alarm and it's only causing me the peace of closing in more with HIM and being much more fussy about what I allow into my mind or spirit - in preparation for the days to come.
I've had to put in the Holy Spirit "ear plugs" to drown out all of the in-fighting of the town's folks over which alarm is legitimate & the blaming and the sounds of the counterfeit alarms and only hear the one alarm, the one clear clarion call - and not all of the "uncertain sounds".

GOD is not the Author of confusion and gives Peace that passes all understanding and Clear words.
Like when in the boat during that storm - HE 'did' tell the disciples they 'were' going to the other side.

Here's a song I like a lot. See you on the other side. :-)

[i]’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Oh, for grace to trust Him more![/i]

2009/4/10 2:31
HeartSong

Re:

Earlier this evening I went to WalMart and the store was practically empty - that is, except for the Easter isle. It made me sad to see the people searching amongst the stuffed bunnies and the fake eggs.

As I was driving home I looked across the fields dotted with homes and I wondered what it must have been like for the first people coming to America - the wonder of the bounty that the Lord had bestowed upon them. Mile after mile of beautiful golden grain set against magnificent clear blue skies. Rich, fertile, unpolluted soil.

Actually, even in it's current state, the underlying beauty of all that He has provided simply takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes. What an awesome God He is, so gracious and patient and loving - and look what we have done, and how we have treated Him.

But somehow today there is a "new" current. Another change has taken place. "Disconcerting" is a good word for it, but that only describes something that is within, and this is something that is also "without."

What a blessing it is to have brothers and sisters in Christ.

Thank you for the song:

[i]Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,[/i]

2009/4/10 3:03Profile

Re:

I know what you mean about the beauty of this earth that GOD gave to mankind. Listening to music on youtube, most times they'll use a background of photos of HIS creation. The beauty of mountains, oceans, flowers, animals, babies, etc..

Yes, HE knows and He's not happy about it neither, but when HE's ready - HE'll be back to fix things to even better than it was in Eden.

Rev 11:18 "And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear Thy Name, small and great;

and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

But then -

Rev 21:1-7 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

What scares me more are these folks that are yelling for "Peace, Peace" - And the scoffers saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." 2Pe 3:4

Those are more dangerous than anything or anyone else.

There [i]will[/i] be a time of so-called "peace" and I fear that those who 'love their lives in this world' will be among those celebrating that "peace". Our 'Treasure' needs to be in Heaven Only - for sure.

2009/4/10 3:47
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Jesus-is-God,

Thanks for a post written in wisdom. Yes, I believe that running to and fro and reading every dream {every one has one), and the interpretations and thus saith the Lord's is actually meant by the enemy to cause fear amongst the Lord's people.

I rarely read much besides brother Wilkerson's, Leonard Ravenhill's, and Art Katz' solid words prayed through.

Even the headlines we see are preplanned and create the tense fearful "premonitions". God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I had to refrain from many websites and posts because they almost make the Lord Jesus appear unable to control what is happening in the world. The truth, of course, is the opposite.

I am so blessed when I read about King Hezekiah telling the people to not say a word when confronted by the enemy. I believe he was firm, and to be surrounded by the enemy now as they were then, we need to keep our eyes directed towards heaven. We have the media shooting reports and updates and it really affect us if we are not aware of the purpose with which they are realeased to the public.

May the Lord fill us with peace and comfort in all the turmoil.

God Bless

2009/4/10 5:33Profile

Re:

Quote:

KathleenP wrote:

Yes, I believe that running to and fro and reading every dream {every one has one), and the interpretations and thus saith the Lord's is actually meant by the enemy to cause fear amongst the Lord's people.

I rarely read much besides brother Wilkerson's, Leonard Ravenhill's, and Art Katz' solid words prayed through.

Even the headlines we see are preplanned and create the tense fearful "premonitions". God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I had to refrain from many websites and posts because they almost make the Lord Jesus appear unable to control what is happening in the world. The truth, of course, is the opposite.

I am so blessed when I read about King Hezekiah telling the people to not say a word when confronted by the enemy. I believe he was firm, and to be surrounded by the enemy now as they were then, we need to keep our eyes directed towards heaven. We have the media shooting reports and updates and it really affect us if we are not aware of the purpose with which they are realeased to the public.

May the Lord fill us with peace and comfort in all the turmoil.

God Bless

Perfect post Kathleen - Amen!

What I've seen is 'confusion & dependency' even more than just fear. Massive confusion out there from both sources as you've stated - the so-called prophetic and the News sources.
I started noticing the News articles contradicting themselves from day to day last Fall and knew something was up with that. They say Newspaper sales are down so much that it's hurting them and how in order to "sell papers" it was always known that Suspense sells.

Whether it's News Sources or these "prophetic" sources - they both work from that dark side to keep folks "dependent" on [i]them[/i] - oh yes - that's the "snare" - dependence on 'anything' other than His Word and Him Alone is darkness.

I listened to the sermon from Carter Conlon posted [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=28306&forum=34]here[/url] and Bless GOD, if that wasn't the need of the hour and one to be emailed to every church goer we know.
I've followed David Wilkerson on and off since the mid 70's and never became dependent on him because he points all to Jesus and The Word. The same with Ravenhill, as you said and Art.
That's the 'difference' with them and what we see today. Today it's a free-for-all because of the Internet - though I thank GOD for the proper use of it.

I've sat and watched some of these sites with those "everyone has one" sections and there were more folks on those than on the other sections - "looking for a word" or "one to interpret" [pride]. GOD have mercy. I can't imagine just now getting saved into this mess. The responsibility we owe to young converts is huge. These men & women who went before us - Thank GOD for them and Thank GOD they're [b]here[/b].

Thank you so much for your very accurate post and 2 Tim 1:7 .

2009/4/10 7:51
Nellie

Re:

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus."
Thank-you for the Song "Jesus is Lord."
O for Grace to trust Him More.
God Bless all.
Nellie

2009/4/10 9:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy