SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Out-of-wedlock births hit record high

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re: To all, and to BroClint

Greetings Neil

Neil I just wanted to come and say that I really appreciated your last two posts here and the heart in which they were posted. Praise God, for He is always faithful to show us those things that hinder us in our walk with Him. Jesus is lifted up and glorified when we are willing to lay down our lives and live in submission to Him!!
What a wonderful testament to His faithfulness in working in our hearts!!
God Bless you brother
Maryjane

2009/4/19 12:04Profile
learn

Re: To all, and to BroClint

Neil/Natan4Jesus,
I bet you never imagined that God used your below post to help me. Thank you and God bless.

I know I'm a bit off-topic here but felt it best to put my post here than elsewhere

To those that I've sinned here,
I want to apologize too for my past behaviour. I know that some of you have sinned against me more than I have you. But it doesn't matter because when you are God's child, you listen to God. The other party may never apologize but you still have to apologize when its time for you to do so. And its time. When I read Neil's apology, I immediately felt that God was challenging me to apologize. At first I said another time but it just took a short while for me to be willing to do so. Then I realize that a brother who has wronged me greatly and although I have blessed and prayed for him on and off, I could never truly felt that there was no bad feelings towards him. Well, it was until when I was willing to apologize to you all that I realize that I could really say I love him with all his flaws and what not. Then, I realize I could not even apologize because I had forgotten the password for quite some time already. Well, I was going to write this wonderful thing elsewhere but when I was writing it halfway elsewhere, I felt that even though God had accepted my apology, I should try harder to try to make an apology on this website. So, I prayed to God that if this is his will, then please let the password automatically appear when I type in my username (Yes, I know this usually is the norm but somehow it did not work for me in my past attempts here). Well, it was God's will and the password did appear automatically like what should be the norm usually.

Now, I don't care if the devil is going to try to make it difficult by getting that person or another to say something horrible like he was not in the wrong. The joy in the Lord is too precious to me to be willing to be tempted by the devil. And I know if I do get upset, God will clean me from my dross and cause me to have a closer walk with him.

Sorry for the long post...ummm not really. :-P

2009/4/19 12:38Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Neil

So glad you came back:-)I know we went back and forth a bit, but it was all in love brother. I think it is really awesome that you came back and posted your apology to Greg. I know that these subjects are painful for many of us here and I just give thanks to God for bringing things into the light so that we all might grow in Him. What a praise it is when the sheep follow their Masters voice. Your heart in this has really demonstrated the love of Jesus:-)

Take care brother
Your little sis in Him
Elizabeth:-)

2009/4/19 12:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Greenlea, your points are well spoken. I have been wanting to post again but wondered which thread to place it when I saw yours...

Neil, I think I understand your point in that why lament the rise of illegitimacy when it meant these babies were not aborted? You asked a good question, one I struggled with as I worked at a CPC. On the one hand I grieved when a single [woman] tested positive and also grieved when any woman wanted to abort her baby, be she single or married. Fornication is sin and so is murder. Murdering a child to cover up sin will always complicate matters. We walked on a thin edge when counseling these females, always pointing them to Jesus but very few were interested in going there - but perhaps some day they will. All we could do was to be faithful - God will do the rest. The only success I cared for was obedience to Him.

The greatest tragedy is as Greenlea pointed out: women being religious yet sinned with no regret. The problem is that Christians are telling folks that God has forgiven them and now you have to accept it. In our SS lesson this morning we had the verse in Luke 24:47 which informs us that repentance activates God's forgiveness for our sins. Repentance is the key!

Blessings to all,
ginnyrose

2009/4/19 17:29Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: apology

Brother Neil,

I appreciate so much your apology and your response in the PM regarding all the above. I want to say publicly as in private that there have been many things that I have appreciated in many of your posts, particularly as regards to Israel. And I left the wrong impression, I am sure, because I certainly have not been laying in wait to pounce upon you. And I do confess that I was provoked by the post on this thread and said far more than I needed to say, especially in bringing in the "Oprah... liberal... blah, blah, blah line" violating one of Crschk's well advised cautions to "play the ball not the man". I apologize to you and to all for that, and any hurt that I caused you and others.

I do thank God for this site and for the many, many godly and good commentaries that are made, and the way this cyber family continues to sharpen one another as iron sharpens iron. Most of the time we are quite civil and edifying even in our disagreements, and when we are not, thank God for His Holy Spirit conviction.

May God continue to bring us all into the image of the perfect man, Christ Jesus.

Clint

2009/4/19 18:17Profile

Re:

dear brothers and sisters,

I have been following this thread very closely. The Lord didn't lead me to say anything earlier but I have been reading...and praying. And my heart truly rejoiced at the posts that were put up today. The latter verses in James 3 came to mind, especially the very last verse:

"Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 [b]But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.[/b] James 3:13-18

Thank you to those who came forth with humble apologies...and especially to brother Neil for leading the way in sowing the fruit of righteousness in seeking to make peace. A beautiful savor of Christlikeness has come forth out of this thread...and it is an honor to the name of Jesus.

May He receive the glory and honor in the lives of those who bear His holy Name, and may we never bring shame to that blessed Name, Jesus Christ, through our thoughts, words or actions!

~Joy

2009/4/19 22:47
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Ben from Wisconsin

Natan4Jesus wrote:

Quote:

my Wisconsin brother(greatest state in the Union)

Now I know that the Spirit moves in you. ;-)

2009/4/20 2:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy