SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray me through the fire...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear KingJimmy,

Roniya brought to mind this modern parable I have found very comforting in times of trial.

Roniya quoted a scripture from Psalm 66:

Quote:
For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

Here is an elaboration of the process of refining silver.
[b][font=Verdana]The Silversmith

Some time ago, a few ladies met in a certain city to study the scriptures. While reading the third chapter of Malachi, they came upon a remarkable expression in the third verse:

"And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." (Malachi 3:3)

One lady proposed to visit a silversmith, and report to them on what he said about the subject. She went accordingly, and without telling the object of her errand, begged the silversmith to tell her about the process of refining silver.

After he had fully described it to her, she asked, "But Sir, do you sit while the work of refining is going on?" "Oh, yes madam," replied the silversmith; "I must sit with my eyes steadily fixed on the furnace, for if the time necessary for refining be exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured."

The lady at once saw the beauty, and comfort too, of the expression, "He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." God sees it needful to put His children into a furnace; His eye is steadily intent on the work of purifying, and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us. Our trials do not come at random, and He will not let us be tested beyond what we can endure.

Before she left, the lady asked one final question, "When do you know the process is complete?" "Why, that is quite simple," replied the silversmith..[color=0000CC] "When I can see my own image in the silver, the refining process is finished." [/color][/font][/b]

Praying for you in your refining process. Please picture how the finished product will shine!

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/4/9 11:07Profile

Re:

One more thing...today's Grace Gem :)

Do not forsake me, O Lord!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"Do not forsake me, O Lord! Do not be far from me, O my God!" Psalm 38:21

Frequently we pray that God would not forsake us in the hour of trial and temptation; but we too much forget that we have need to use this prayer at all times. There is no moment of our life, however holy--in which we can do without His constant upholding. Whether in light or in darkness, in communion or in temptation--we alike need the prayer, "Do not forsake me, O Lord!"
A little child, while learning to walk--always needs the parent's aid. The ship left by the pilot--drifts at once from her course. Just so--we cannot survive without continuous aid from God.

Let it be your prayer today, "Do not forsake me, O Lord! Father, do not forsake Your child--lest he fall by the hand of the enemy. Shepherd, do not forsake Your lamb--lest he wander from the safety of the fold. Great Gardener, do not forsake Your plant--lest it wither and die! Do not forsake me now, O Lord! And do not forsake me at any moment of my life. Do not forsake me in my joys--lest they absorb my heart. Do not forsake me not in my sorrows--lest I murmur against You. Do not forsake me--for my path is dangerous, and full of snares--and I cannot travel without Your guidance. Do not forsake me--for without You I am weak--but with You I am strong. Do not be far from me, O Lord, for trouble is near--and there is none to help. Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation!"

"Hold me up--and I shall be safe!" Psalm 119:115

2009/4/9 12:14
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, and thank you very much for your prayers. I really have felt a touch from the Master today.

2009/4/9 18:46Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
I thought it meant something wonderful was just around the corner,

That's funny in a warped sort of way. I thought the same thing. When I sensed that things were getting ready to tighten up, I was thinking in terms of a month or two. I thought I could handle that without even flinching. It's been 2 years. Though there have been some tough battles, there have also been some sweet victories. Just now beginning to see a turn. It is exactly as He said.

Habakkuk 2:3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not be a second late.

2009/4/9 22:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy