SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : The message of the day

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tulip

Tennessee

The message of the day

What is the message of the day? The message of the day is who Jesus Christ is . Most people wil acknowledge God and talk of him our government even stamps in god we trust on our currency but when you preach abt Jesus Christ and who he is , the mass of people do not want to hear abt the truth of who Jesus Christ is. They are happy they are forgiven, they are happy that they are not going to hell that they can be healthy and have all their bills paid and they believe that whatever you name to claim as yours in jesus name and it will become your own they are satisfied that they have recieved Jesus into their hearts, they base their salvation on some little prayer they repeated after some preacher and they were babtized put their name on the church roll . But they do not want to hear the truth of Jesus Christ they love the blessings but do not want the trials the refinening fires of God they want to live a peaceable life and not disturb nobody about repentance or the doctrine of regeneration or election . I have found out the hard way that when you begin to preach the lordship of Christ to a bunch of dead heads you wont stay around for long I was recently asked to leave a church that I was pastoring for the reason of preaching too long too loud and too mean they could not stand to hear that Christ must reighn they just wanted me to tickle their ears and patt them on the back and tell them that every thing was allright and that they were good people . But the holy spirit would not let me do such a thing, they many times called my preaching into question they accused me of many things that God knows I never done it was if i was as stephen standing their behind the pulpit I could feel the stones being throne at me I could see them literely stomping their ears withe their fingers and rolling their eyes at me while i preached I lasted a total of 14 months at that church and with me left 50 others leaving about 20 or 30 I learned that God is the lord of the harvest now i did not desire for any thing of the sort to happen but god in his kingdom does as he pleases he gave them a space to repent but they would not they only hardend thier neck at Gods reproof and as the schripture reads then cometh sudden desruction and that without remedy prov. 29 The world loves a god that is like some old man or grand pa who they can make excuses to and he will understand their point of veiw . But when you Preach THe God of the Bilble who demands repentance and to come under the lordship of his son to sanctify him in your hearts they will not hear . but never the less we must preach Christ We must preach His Lordship and preach his demands no matter how hot it gets no matter how often we are persecuted or how much people hate us we must preach who Christ is that is the message of the day . Bro Joshua A Harris , TN

2009/4/6 17:00Profile
eklegomai

Tenessee

Re: The message of the day

Hello Brother Josh

2009/4/9 13:00Profile
eklegomai

Tenessee

Re: The message of the day

The message of today and the yesterdays and forevermore is Christ and His vicarious atonement. God's Holy demands are to be presented in a Scriptural, Truthful,and Undisputable terms. We must always establish the foundation first: God and man's character or attributes, God's purpose, Christ's obediance, Christ's sacrifice, and now the Ruling and Reigning Prophet,Priest, and King. With this takes a lot of love , compassion, and selflessness. To be a minister requires a lot of forgiveness. Though there may be those who may hurt you on a personal level this is something that will pass so go on, with all love go on, with all diligence go on, with taking knowledge of the past go on with wisdom, and love those that hate you pray for those that have dispitefully used you. But, most of go on with love that only our God, our Lord the Christ, and Great guide and teacher the Holy Spirit could perform in soul of His people that with Its filling It will spill over and out to the Body for edification. You mean the world to me Brother Josh may our Sovereign renew your strength, courage, and love daily.

With all Love,
Joey Cravens

2009/4/17 14:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy