Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Krispy's Praise and Request

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re: Krispy's Praise and Request

Dear Sweet Krispy

I read your post before I went to fellowship worship. My heart went out to you and then I thought [u]God may have prepared you for some of this in His recent work in your life[/u]. That would be just like Him! You would be the one to know what that was all about.

Once, after finally being successful in obeying clear direction from God in an impossible situation, and there was still no relief, I thought I was going to drown. In extreme desperation I cried out to God. He ended all my upset and concerns with “When my heads above water, my feet can't drown.” I was flooded with the truth of that. My experience of difficulties evaporated on the spot. Months later I saw that that was the turning point in a terrible real-life situation and that it was also God's loving rebuke of my perspective.

Frank, I know several brothers and sisters that also got freedom from fear when they dealt with it as sin (a simple 1 John way) and dealt with the root that God showed them of that in the old man.

I agree with the prayers of Brothers and Sisters here in Love for you Krispy, and yours. I thank God I have witnessed Him in your life as you have shared. Hug Mrs. Krispy for us and all the little ones.

2009/3/29 21:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
I always thought you worked at a school as a coach what a dummy I am,

LOL... I do coach football, but I dont work at a school. In fact, we homeschool. Coaching is a hobby and a calling from God.

I am a structural engineer, self employed.

Krispy

2009/3/30 6:11
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re:

Dear Krispy,

A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer right after my husband and I had sold our home and were committed to purchasing a new one across the country. My husband is a self-employed plumber and I am a homeschool mother to three children. We had no insurance and I needed surgery and chemotherapy. In one year, we went from being debt-free with $200,000 in our savings account to having no savings account whatsoever, $100,000 in debt. There were also difficult decisions to face about treatment options while trying to pack my house and move.

For us, God had to take away everything to show us that when our greatest fears come true (cancer, poverty), He is still God and He provides is miraculous ways. He won’t miraculously send the ravens to feed you if your pantry is already full. It is awesome to see the ways He provides. Some things He did for us: He sent friends I hadn’t seen in years to come by and pack my house for me. When my husband returned from the closing of our new house, the trucks had been loaded for him. He didn’t have to do anything. (That was worth the whole experience right there!) All the ladies from our new church surrounded me with love and support, brought food, did my Christmas shopping for me, a new friend I hardly knew purchased a beautiful $300 wig for me, someone even bought my children Easter candy because we were so broke!

That may have been a difficult time, but as with any valley, the lessons learned and the experienced gained pale in comparison to any fear or apprehension we had to overcome. Through this trial I gained a fresh appreciation for God’s timing, His sovereignty, His provision and His strength. I learned that God sometimes allows our greatest fears to come to pass, but that He can be trusted with my complete surrender. I thank God for my cancer experience because it was just another tool that He, in His infinite wisdom, chose to use to help mold me more into His image. No one in their right mind would chose to have cancer, but I wouldn’t trade the experience if I could because I’d then have to give up what I’ve gained and that’s too precious to me to lose.

It seems like the Christian life works like a cycle: you face storms of life and learn about the character of God. Once you get a grasp on the character of God, you can face more easily the storms of life. I am praying for you and your family. I know you will come out approved! 

Lorijean

2009/3/30 6:52Profile

Re:

Lorijean, thank you for your testimony.

Krispy

2009/3/30 9:01
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I thank God for my cancer experience because it was just another tool that He, in His infinite wisdom, chose to use to help mold me more into His image. No one in their right mind would chose to have cancer, but I wouldn’t trade the experience if I could because I’d then have to give up what I’ve gained and that’s too precious to me to lose.

It seems like the Christian life works like a cycle: you face storms of life and learn about the character of God.

This is precious...loved your testimony..

ginnyrose

2009/4/1 22:23Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:

I praise God for you all. Thank you Krispy for your transparency. I thought you were a truck driver :-) . My wife and I were going through some extremely difficult times financially a few years back, where my wife would cook a rice meal for dinner with a single piece of chicken cut up and the kids got to "find the chicken" as they ate. It was great game and what we found was that while they were whining with discontentment when there was plenty, they became content with less, but praise God, still plenty. They still talk about some of the interesting "creations" of food we ate then. I just sat down with my 15 year old who is whining about sharing her bedroom with a 12 year old sister and explained (hopefully not too graphically) the gravity of the times. I told her that we as well as anyone may be tickled to be in a small house trailer by the end of the year, when homeless is the alternative. How many of us are paychecks away from being upside down. God certainly will shake all that can be shaken. Again, I want to thank everyone for being open and honest. God is good and the best is yet to come as He creates opportunity to show Himself strong on our behalf. He is a good Father that provides for His children. One last thought, I remember weeping with my wife in our empty pantry putting away groceries someone left on our porch. We truly were (are) blessed. Love, Barry

2009/4/2 6:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
I thought you were a truck driver

Isn't it funny how we develop these ideas about folks we talk to on here... only to find out how far off we are?

May we remember that when we're discussing theology on here and tempers begin to flare!

Krispy

PS: I thought you were a rock star.

2009/4/2 8:18
Compton

Re:

I've noticed something about some of Christian men I know during these hard times.

When it came to the awesome miracle of Jesus atoning for their sins, they took credit for their free will decision to repent of their sins and become converted.

When it comes to finding a new job or new work, they suddenly become Calvinists and say "I can't do anything in my strength...I'm trusting in God I'm just praying he takes care of my family."

Krispy demonstrates he is willing to paint interiors. or do whatever it takes to provide for his family, and then asks the question why his more spiritual friends, who have lost their jobs, are being foreclosed on. Well, being spiritual doesn't provide for your family, men. Only sweat does that.

There is a use for 'spirituality" in these hard times for sure. However, it may be that we can take a tip from Solomon and not become 'overly righteous' and 'overly-wise' about the times we are living in.

Blessings,

MC

2009/4/2 8:40Profile

Re:

Scripture says:

[b]2 Thess 3:10[/b] [i]For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.[/i]

Krispy

2009/4/2 10:56

Re: Krispy's Praise and Request

Stevie, ole buddy, shipmate, brother in Christ, I'm praying for you right now, and will continue to do so....fervently. My only other wish is that I could do more than pray...in a "James" sort of way, you know what I'm talking about...in a second Marine, in a second.

and the testimony and prayers of some of these saints is just awe inspiring, we're all a bit anxious, we might be perplexed, but we're not crushed, as I believe Paul said in Phillipians.

No, we're not crushed, nope, Prayer is powerful, and Jesus is Lord. Everything gonna be alright.

much love in Him, neil

2009/4/2 14:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy