Please Read. I pray that there will be an enjoyment in what is read. You may feel free to pass it out. If any of you would like a copy of the original in Word.doc, let me know, I can accommodate that for you. Feedback is encouraged.
The Modern Gospel
To all those that preach and hear the gospel today,
We as preachers are called to a higher calling seeing that we handle the word of God. We as listeners must be diligent to know the truth. There is a sunlight of truth that has been blackened by the smoke of confusion by what is known as the Modern Gospel. I pray that this thesis will spark a fire in your soul that will cause it to spread to your holy congregation.
1. There are those who say that you must believe in your heart and confess with your mouth in order to be saved. Yet they do not tell you that you must turn from your sin.
2. A man cannot be saved unless repentance, faith, and belief are all present at the time of salvation according to scripture. Men who preach the Modern Gospel make a formula for salvation that excludes any of these three foundation stones.
3. There are those who tell men that after salvation they must mature in the Lord but never tell them that they must deny all fleshly lusts.
4. There are those that preach the word of God and quote scripture verbatim, but neglect to balance Gods word and neglect to give a full understanding of what they preach.
5. A ministers condemnation will not only be in what they taught but what shouldve been taught. (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42)
6. There are those that desire to preach a gospel that wish to make men prosperous instead of making men broken over sin.
7. A mans life does not consist of the abundance of things one possesses and any one that preaches that it does is an enemy of God. (Luke 12:15)
8. There are those that love to tell men that they are saved simply because they came to the altar and prayed. This is tragic since a man is given the assurance of their salvation by the Holy Spirit through His word. (Romans 8:16; Ephesians 1:13)
9. There are those that say that a prayer will not save men, but when someone desires to be saved, the preacher gives them the assurance of their salvation because they came forward and prayed. This is hypocrisy.
10. There are those that have a doctrinal statement that says all men are sinners, but they will never preach like they believe it.
11. The Modern Gospel has made room for general statements such as all have sinned, but never bring the understanding as to what sins are.
12. There are those that teach it is unchristian to name names when identifying false teachers. Yet St. Paul, St. John, and Jesus all practiced this. (Matt 23; 2 Tim 2:17; 3 John 1:9)
13. There are those that automatically call someone saved because they can recite a worthy testimony. Yet they are never asked the question of, How do they know they are saved?
14. There are those that tell men that they are saved because they can point to a Bible verse that gives them the assumption that they are. Pointing to a Bible verse and claiming it, without understanding, does not guarantee anyones salvation.
15. There are those that teach that you can be Carnal and be a Christian. Carnal means Dog-like and Christian means Christ like, these are contrary to one another.
16. There are those that preach and tell you things that will comfort you all the time and will never tell you things that reveal your sin, lest you should be uncomfortable.
17. There are preachers who tell you to check the Bible to see if they are telling the truth but they will never tell you how to do it lest they should be exposed.
18. There are those that tell you that you cant lose your salvation, yet will never show you how you can make sure that you are saved.
19. There are those that say that you can lose your salvation but they will never tell you at what point you do.
20. The Bible tells us in 1 John 3 that you are what you practice. If you are practicing sin, you are lost whether or not you think you can lose your salvation.
21. There are preachers that preach seven steps to freedom in Christ so that Christians can be free, but Jesus said that if the Son makes you free you shall be free indeed. (John 8:36)
22. There are those that preach that you must always tell people positive things so that they will become what you say. Encouragement is necessary, but it should not replace the wounds of reminding men of their sin so that they can turn from sin to Christ.
23. The Modern Gospel has brought in the Catholic version of buying your way into heaven by telling the un-saved to give tithes and offerings. We somehow give sinners assurance of their salvation if they give to the church.
24. We no longer preach a gospel that sends the terrifying wrath of Gods justice into the heart of man so that the amazing grace of Christ can be much more amazing.
25. We now preach that Jesus Christ died to make your life better instead of Jesus Christ died for your sin. (John 1:29)
26. The Modern Gospel preaches about sin but never against it.
27. We are told that not all are called to be evangelists, but we are never told that we are all called to evangelize. (Mark 16:15)
28. We are told that if we preach about hell and sin we will drive sinners away from Christ, yet doesnt the Bible say that they are all going there already? (John 3:18)
29. The Modern Gospel teaches us that we must use our lifestyle to witness to people about Jesus, but Lifestyle Evangelism has replaced true evangelism by not preaching the gospel.
30. Our lifestyle, without preaching, is useless unless we speak. Our light shines brighter when we open our mouths for Jesus Christ.
31. The Lifestyle Evangelism method has silenced the mouths of Christians and has paralyzed the tongue of the bride of Christ. We have become cowards instead of conquerors.
32. There are those that assume that your whole congregation is saved simply because they did not raise their hand, during an altar call, to be saved. This could not be farther from the truth. There are now more lost people in church than saved because of the Modern Gospel.
33. There are those that say that a child is saved simply because he prayed a sinners prayer, yet they will never look for fruit to see if the child exemplifies holiness. (Proverbs 20:11)
34. A child will usually want salvation not because he understands sin, but because he does not want to go to hell. Nobody wants to go to hell, but not everybody wants to turn from sin.
35. A man cannot truly repent of any sin unless he has been confronted with the enormity of his crimes against a holy God. The Modern Gospel provides the comfort a sinner does not need.
36. There are ministers that tell you that you must recognize that you are a sinner before you decide to get saved. Yet recognizing does nothing for your understanding of how offensive sin is in the sight of God.
37. There are pastors and elders that preach the gospel in the church building, but have never done any kind of preaching outside the pulpit. This is a tragedy and shows the unfulfilled ministry of being a true preacher. (Mark 16:15)
38. There are those that teach that you must always have joy as a Christian, yet the Bible was written by men who were afflicted. You are hardly taught that you will suffer in this life. (Acts 14:22)
39. Love, fulfillment, peace, and prosperity are all teachings exalted today in our pulpits which make Jesus Christ a slave to your life instead of the master of your life.
40. Many preachers, under the Modern Gospel, will not tell you that you should fear the Lord because their fear of men is greater. (Proverbs 29:25; 2 Corinthians 5:11)
41. The Modern Gospel allows for us to speak things into existence or teach that we can say things and it will come to pass. While our words have power, they cannot usurp Gods power over what will or will not happen in our lives.
42. Though we are created in the image of God, we are not God! There are those that teach a veiled version of us being gods on earth. Claiming Bible verses that support our will, demanding that God perform our request in Jesus name, and speaking things into the atmosphere are all damning doctrines that give men and woman the false assurance that they can be like God.
43. There are those that hold music to a higher regard than the actual gospel being preached. They exemplify this by spending more time singing than preaching or by putting a bigger emphasis on music.
44. We are told not to judge other professing Christians. This is devastating to all of Christianity! Because then what is the point of preaching, going to church, accountability, church discipline, and fellowship. Men who preach this forget about the doctrine of righteous judgment. (John 7:24)
45. New on fire Christians, who are underneath the teaching of the Modern Gospel, will often be called self-righteous or proud; while they are obeying the Lords commandments, everyone around them feels very uncomfortable because they themselves are not.
46. Often pastors or teachers may squelch the fire new Christians have by rebuking them for their lack of maturity or inexperience and will provide no remedy. Rebuke without correction leaves a devastated heart.
47. Today you cannot challenge the pastor or teacher in what he teaches. If you do, you are called divisive or self righteous. Under this kind of leadership growth will be painful, but it will cause the faithful to find the truth of Gods word.
48. There are those that teach that you can be saved and yet be out of fellowship with Christ. This is not a biblical statement seeing that a Christian cannot be saved unless he has fellowship with Christ. (1 John 1:6)
49. Spiritual gifts are not an indicator that you are saved but living a holy lifestyle is. There are many men who will do miracles in the name of Jesus and still end up in hell. (Matthew 7:22-23)
50. Our church vision does not override the vision of the Bible. If you are of those that take priority of church vision over what the Bible says, then you should be very weary of your salvation seeing that you are raising a cult.
51. We are told that it is very dangerous to call men unsaved but many of us are quicker to call them saved which is far more dangerous. We cannot call men unsaved but we can declare them saved? This is hypocrisy.
52. If a man is born again, calling him unsaved will cause him to look deeper into the Bible for assurance from God. If a man is not born again, calling him unsaved will cause him to get angry.
53. If a man is born again, a man calling him saved will not satisfy him. If a man is not born again, a man calling him saved will satisfy him.
54. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and yet there are many who do not preach in accordance with the Holy Spirit. (John 16:8)
55. There are some that preach that a Christian can be saved and yet not grow. This is an insult to a God who starts a good work in you and will finish it. (Philippians 1:6; John 15:16)
56. There are some that teach that if you are Christian and continue sinning, that God will kill you and take you to heaven because of your life of continual sin. This makes room for men who call themselves saved to live how ever they want. Continual sin shows that you are not saved. (1 John 3:7-8)
57. We are taught that you must look like the crowd you are preaching to because you must become all things to all men so that you can save some. How you dress does not save men! The gospel message saves men! I very rarely see a preacher going out in Goth clothing because he felt he needed to reach a Satanist.
58. The Modern Gospel has removed the greatest weapon to win the souls of lost men, the Ten Commandments. We have become so afraid to be called legalistic and/or judgmental that we can no longer call a man what he is according to Gods law.
59. The Modern Gospel preachers tell us that there are other ways to win sinners other than using the Ten Commandments. This is partly true. Though we use many methods to attract sinners, all methods must funnel through the understanding of sin. Unless a man understands his sin to be exceedingly sinful, he cannot repent and be saved. (Romans 7:7)
60. When preachers refuse to use Gods law to bring the knowledge of sin, they are withholding the schoolmaster that will lead a sinner to Christ. (Galatians 3:24-25)
61. Most covetous preachers will not use the law of God because their own love for money will be made manifest by the tenth commandment. (Luke 16:14)
62. Building self esteem in our children through flattery will not help their Christian walk. We must be shown our unworthiness before a holy God so that we can depend upon the Holy Spirit for esteem.
63. There are some that preach in a way that exalts themselves rather than Christ. They show this by having themselves sit in a place of honor and by constantly emphasizing authority. (Matthew 23:2-7; Luke 22:25-26)
64. The altar of the Modern Gospel has become a place where men can confess their sins and go away unchanged. Men come to the altar to psychologically dump the guilt of whats been preached to them instead of letting men soak in the womb of conviction.
65. Nowhere in the Bible will you see any formula that is remotely close to what we see as the altar call. The altar call is not a biblical formula! It is a tradition of man that is shortcutting repentance and is giving many men the false assurance of salvation.
66. The Modern Gospel no longer makes room for the judgment of hell. There are many men who love to preach the love of God but never touch on the justice of God.
67. Gods goodness is not Him turning a blind eye to sin. The goodness of God leads to repentance because it shows that God is not quick to inflict His wrath upon sinners. This is an attractive quality of God, but one day that quality will run dry. (Romans 2:4)
68. There are many that preach that by Gods loving-kindness He draws men to him, but they will never say why it draws men. It is because God is angry with the wicked every day and his loving-kindness is what prevents Him from giving immediate judgment. But judgment will come to all those that do not repent. This is rarely preached in the Modern Gospel. (Psalm 7:11; Jeremiah 9:24)
69. There are those in the Modern Gospel that say you should not put God in a box, but they forget that Gods box is His word (the Bible); He will not do anything contrary to it.
70. All those that claim that God is doing a new thing for the new generation never read in the Bible, where Solomon says, that there is nothing new under the sun. Anything new that does not line up with Gods word is Satanic. (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
71. The Modern Gospel allows for men to indulge in movies or TV programs that are immoral because what is preached does not go against what they watch. Therefore, there is no guilt for watching filth because the Modern Gospel allows it.
72. The Modern Gospel has traded the joy of the Holy Ghost with entertainment. Unless we go to amusement parks, go to the theatre, or have technology to amuse us, we find no joy in our Christian walk. And if we rebuke those that love those things, we are deemed legalistic.
73. The Modern Gospel allows for many to believe that a preacher can still be a Christian who yet presents the gospel in a different way. Yet the Bible says these men are anathema! (See #90)
74. The Modern Gospel has changed the message of Jesus to be more appealing to those that are lost. Men do not enjoy intolerant messages of sin and consequences, so modern preachers have provided a friendlier version of the gospel in their preaching.
75. The Modern Gospel no longer challenges men about their salvation. We can no longer tell a man, who is living in blatant sin, that he is lost. We will be called judgmental and un-loving. God forbid this man realizes he is lost and gets saved.
76. The Modern Gospel tells us that we are defeated Christians when we walk around depressed. Yet the Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes that the wise live in the house of mourning. We can be happy and read the Bible, but the Bible is best read when we are afflicted. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
77. There are those that say a person does not have to change the way they talk, walk, and look when they get saved. But a person who is genuinely saved will be concerned about these matters.
78. There are preachers who say we should not be specific in our preaching, because we are not the Holy Spirit to be convicting men of sin. But preachers act like the Holy Spirit when they pronounce men saved when they are not.
79. Christians, under the preaching of the Modern Gospel, which desire to show other men their convictions, will be labeled as self righteous and are told not to push their convictions upon others.
80. The Modern Gospel is breeding women who are proud and do not permit their husbands to be the leader of the household, because the Modern Gospel allows for the women to lead.
81. There are preachers who will not rebuke todays Christian woman for their love of shopping and materialism for fear that they will drag their husbands out of church.
82. The Modern Gospel has made room for many church programs that consume our time rather than concentrating on soul winning and discipleship. We no longer intensely involve ourselves with the salvation of men or the teaching of new Christians.
83. The Modern Gospel calls all those that do nothing for Christ Carnal Christians, but the Bible makes no room for such a statement. If these kinds of people are apart of your church, they are dead members, and not apart of the body of Christ.
84. Preachers that preach the Modern Gospel will be harsh toward those who continually question what they believe; because most of what they believe is based off a man centered gospel and not a Christ centered one. They have built their doctrines on wood, hay, and stubble rather than silver, gold, and precious stones. (1 Corinthians 3:12)
85. The Modern Gospel has made room for practicing homosexuals as well as woman in the office of Pastor, Elder, or Bishop. Since we are not supposed to be judgmental, we can now compromise the scriptures and allow anyone to have authority.
86. There are those that preach inspirational messages but do not have the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not preach messages that build self esteem or teach you how to Live Your Best Life Now.
87. A man that is baptized with Gods spirit may not necessarily manifest the gift of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 12:11). True baptism of Gods spirit is always manifested when that man lives a holy life according to the Bible.
88. The Romans Road does not adequately explain sin and your need for salvation until we proficiently expound on its meaning. We must preach the way John the Baptist did and compel men with Gods law so that it can make way for the Lord Jesus Christ.
89. The Modern Gospel is something that God hates with a passion because it is sending more men to hell than winning them to Christ.
90. Again, anyone who preaches this Modern Gospel is accursed according to scripture because they preach a gospel that does not line up with the way it is supposed to be preached. (Galatians 1:8-9)
91. Again, anyone who tolerates this Modern Gospel to be preached in their area needs to speak up and reason with the thinking of these preachers so that they can see how many men are going to hell because of it.
92. Again, the Modern Gospel is very popular; I understand that it can be very intimidating to speak against it. But we must plead to our leaders about this teaching that is dishonoring the bride of Christ. The more we allow this kind of preaching to go on, the more endangered souls will be on the Day of Judgment.
93. If you are very offended by this thesis, unless you can prove scripturally that what I am saying is wrong, then you must turn away from preaching this Modern Gospel.
94. The gospel of Jesus Christ commands all of us to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. The Modern Gospel will never exhort you to do this. If you have preached this Modern Gospel message or have been saved underneath this kind of preaching, I am pleading with you that you examine yourself to see if you are really saved.
(2 Corinthians 13:5)
95. Finally, all those that preach the Modern Gospel will look at this thesis and will try their hardest to defend that gospel because they have been revealed. If any man disagrees with this letter in any point, it may be that a portion of his teaching has been poisoned with the Modern Gospel. Run for your lives and run to the gospel of Jesus Christ that tells you that you are guilty of sinning against God. Run to the true Jesus that will change you inside and out and not allow you to be a Carnal Christian. Run to the true Jesus that is more concerned with spiritual blessing rather than natural. Run to the Jesus that tells you that you must die to your sin and die to all that you want in this life. Run to the Jesus that saves you not because you prayed a sinners prayer, but because you truly repented of your sin. Run to the Jesus that will not allow all those that practice sin to enter into heaven. Run to the true Jesus that will judge all those that are preaching this gospel that is sending the mankind He died for into hell.