Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : THE PIT

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Mere Christianity is my fav book of C.S.Lewis, i have read his Srewtape Letters, i would like to read some day the Pilgrim's Regress.

2009/12/7 14:58Profile

Re:

Ps 40:1 ¶ I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

2009/12/7 15:21
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

Leo_Grace wrote:
Quote:

elected wrote:

Somebody should write a book about these modern day characters, like Bunyan did with pilgrims progress :-)

wayneman should do it. He has a very deeeep sense of humor. :-)

I already did, about 12 years ago. It was a short story called The Pilgrim's Progress for Modern Readers, in which Christian finds that the strait and narrow way has been paved over by a Celestial Superhighway, and gets jailed at Vanity Fair for killing a mugger named Televangelist, etc. It was rejected for publication by every Christian humor magazine in the world - all two of them! Surely not the first time a literary masterpiece was lost to the world.

Pilgrim's Regress is good, but dated, since he deconstructs a lot of forgotten philosphical fads, like logical positivism and Hegelianism, which nobody even cares about today.

Thingsabove, "took the man by the hand" implies that the man was reaching out for help. He was not passive, but nor could he escape the pit in his own strength. So there is something in the allegory to offend both Calvin and Arminius.

2009/12/7 19:03Profile

Re:

Quote:

wayneman wrote:

Thingsabove, .... So there is something in the allegory to offend both Calvin and Arminius.

Or perhaps to help unite them.

2009/12/7 21:31
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:
It was rejected for publication by every Christian humor magazine in the world - all two of them! Surely not the first time a literary masterpiece was lost to the world.

Since you tend to cover all the different shades of Christian doctrinal tribes and lambast each and everyone of them, any of those book publishers would have been offended in one way or another by your work.

You'll have to self-publish.

2009/12/8 0:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy