SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Technology - You Pay, Computer Prays For You

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Technology - You Pay, Computer Prays For You

I could think of no way to introduce this topic, except to say, God have mercy. . .

[url=http://www.livescience.com/technology/090325-computer-prayer.html]LiveScience.com[/url]

(Excerpt) Information Age Prayer is a site that charges you a monthly fee to say prayers for you. A typical charge is $4.95 per month to say three prayers specified by you each day.

"We use state of the art text to speech synthesizers to voice each prayer at a volume and speed equivalent to typical person praying," the company states. "Each prayer is voiced individually, with the name of the subscriber displayed on screen."

Prices, however, are dictated by the length of the prayer. As noted in the Information Age Prayer FAQ, "A discounted prayer will cost less than other prayers of similar length."

I'm fascinated by the intersection between religion and technology, as are some well-known science fiction writers. For example, if a machine can say a prayer for you, why not have a fully robotic pope and clergy?

2009/3/27 15:36Profile
wildhorse86

Re: Technology - You Pay, Computer Prays For You

I read this at [url=www.sermonaudio.com]www.sermonaudio.com[/url].

[url=http://religionblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/03/too-busy-to-pray-for-a-fee-a-c.html]http://religionblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/03/too-busy-to-pray-for-a-fee-a-c.html[/url]

This is incredibly sad.
How can one even think God will respond to a computer.

It wreaks of evil to me. There is NO heart to heart prayer with God this way, it makes it seem as if it is a chore.

Even through my busy days and my distresses that I have to go through sometimes, I still pray to God during those times, even if it isn't out loud if I am at work for example.

There is nothing bad about technology helping us get stuff done but this is absolutely stupid - this is the state in which technology starts becoming such an evil tool. May the Lord have mercy on those who even slightly think it is an alternative to prayer.

I would like to think though that anyone who is born again would instantly reject this and see it as the fraud that it is and not to be deceived by it.

Michael

2009/3/27 20:42Profile

Re: Technology - You Pay, Computer Prays For You

Quote:
(Excerpt) Information Age Prayer is a site that charges you a monthly fee to say prayers for you. A typical charge is $4.95 per month to say three prayers specified by you each day.

Well, that will save time in praying. I can have this program to do it for me. Cool! While my computer is praying, I can get some work done. :-P

2009/3/27 22:08

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy