SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Can I get some advice

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Can I get some advice

I have a question and I am hoping that maybe someone can help me out. I am struggling with trying to understand how to deal with someone who manipulates to get attention. This person will be emotional and say things in such a way that makes me feel guilty. The thing is I am not completely sure they are doing it deliberately or not but there is a lot of feeling sorry for themselves? I really want to deal with this person in a Biblical way so any thoughts or teachings that you can suggest would be great.

Thanks

2009/3/26 22:52Profile
growingholly

Re: Can I get some advice

well, i'd first like to ask, is this person a Christian? or a worldly person? the advice will likely be different based on this information.
:)
h

2009/3/27 9:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

May I suggest that first of all you talk to the LORD about this person. His Holy Spirit will guide you in how to handle this person.

Now having said all this, you know this person is manipulative...she has learned how she can control people and apparently she has you in her control. May I suggest that with the Holy Spirit's help you learn to draw back emotionally, look at her objectively and allow the HS to tell you what is really going on and how to deal with it. Then address that heart issue but do not allow her emotions to distract you. As you get close to discerning what may be wrong, you can reasonably expect greater emotional outbursts, so be prepared for that. And be prepared to experience rejection from her.

Make sense?

ginnyrose

2009/3/28 21:18Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

i have been praying about this person for a really long time off and on.i do know that she is manipulating and i know its for attention but what do i say to her? i have not really known how to deal with her so i have kind of been avoiding her lately. i feel like i have hardened by heart towards her in some ways because last time she called with the usual complaints i did not even offer to pray for her. i felt really irritated after i got off the phone. As far as if she is saved or not, she says that she is.

Thanks

2009/3/29 2:26Profile
HeartSong

Quote:
This person will be emotional and say things in such a way that makes me feel guilty.

Ask the Lord to show you what it is inside of you that makes you feel guilty. Once whatever that is, is rooted out, there will no longer be a problem.

2009/3/29 3:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy